Confirmed with Link: Boyle to Isles for 2015 5th round conditional draft pick. 4th if signed

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
We were stuck trying to play Boyle in a role he couldn't perform in anymore. Maybe it was pride, maybe it was a contract thing but he should've been bottom pairing second unit for us.

His new team won't have that problem. There will be an established seniority thing that he will only displace through performance

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Oh. I was assuming quickly after they turned pro. So it only counts if the player joins the NHL club by 20...got it.

Guess the Sharks need to quit drafting out of the NCAA to catch up.

I wish they drafted more out of Europe. They always seem hesitant to do so.

alex716

Jan 10, 2014
Boyle was the main reason why the Sharks PP sucked, with his inability to shoot, and bad puck control, and you're saying that he would be useful mainly on the PP? How?

I think you're overestimating his PP, and undervaluing his regular play. He wasn't that bad 5v5, certainly good enough for this team, he just didn't deserve as much time and money as he got, but considering the Sharks Offensive D is one big massive hole, I don't really blame them for believing in him. It's not like there was any good alternatives.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Oh, I know.

I was more commenting that the Sharks have had several players that didn't require much time in the AHL to make an impact in the NHL.

Because contrary to HF doctrine..the NCAA is a very good route for kids to go to become NHLers.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Because contrary to HF doctrine..the NCAA is a very good route for kids to go to become NHLers.

Yep (I hope it was clear I was being sarcastic w/ that NCAA comment).

I really couldn't care less what league the Sharks draft from, as long as they (continue to) draft good players..

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

I really couldn't care less what league the Sharks draft from, as long as they (continue to) draft good players..

yeah you and I both share an affinity for collegiate hockey. I picked up on it haha.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF

They have missed plenty of good players from Europe. I also think most of the top end players don't go the NCAA route.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They have missed plenty of good players from Europe. I also think most of the top end players don't go the NCAA route.

A lot of top end talent have gone the NCAA route and more are every year. Mostly because the USDP has been churning out prospects. The CHL has the edge but the gap is closing.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
A lot of top end talent have gone the NCAA route and more are every year. Mostly because the USDP has been churning out prospects. The CHL has the edge but the gap is closing.

The USNDTP U17 team was amazing this year, and there are so many exciting American prospects who are 16 and younger right now. Really exciting time for USA Hockey.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The USNDTP U17 team was amazing this year, and there are so many exciting American prospects who are 16 and younger right now. Really exciting time for USA Hockey.

Hockey is a growing sport in the U.S. Thanks to the dreaded sun belt expansion that the purist despise. I think we will be seeing a lot of high level athletes in the near future. Imagine a Lebron James type athlete that picked up hockey at a young age? Yikes for opposing players. Kind of went OT. Sorry haha

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hockey is a growing sport in the U.S. Thanks to the dreaded sun belt expansion that the purist despise. I think we will be seeing a lot of high level athletes in the near future. Imagine a Lebron James type athlete that picked up hockey at a young age? Yikes for opposing players. Kind of went OT. Sorry haha

Yep. You look at top prospects like Jake Chychrun from Florida, Auston Matthews from Arizona, Pat Khodorenko from Walnut Creek California (coincidentally where my mom grew up). Seth Jones is a great example of what you're talking about. Pure athlete.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Yep. You look at top prospects like Jake Chychrun from Florida, Auston Matthews from Arizona, Pat Khodorenko from Walnut Creek California (coincidentally where my mom grew up). Seth Jones is a great example of what you're talking about. Pure athlete.

Learned a bit about him last year when he attended Everett's camp, it sounds like he could be something special. It's fantastic how much hockey has grown all over the US.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Blake Wheeler as well. All state in Football and Mr. Hockey in Minnesota. Was MVP of both teams. Turned down big 10 football scholarships to play hockey at Minnesota.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm from the Creek. When did she live there?

She was born in '55. So from then until she went to college. My grandmother lived there basically until she died, which was probably about 8 years ago.

Learned a bit about him last year when he attended Everett's camp, it sounds like he could be something special. It's fantastic how much hockey has grown all over the US.

Committed to the USNDTP, so I'll be excited to see him at the U17's. Supposed to be a real dynamic talent. Unfortunately I think he might be a Red Wings fan.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Committed to the USNDTP, so I'll be excited to see him at the U17's. Supposed to be a real dynamic talent. Unfortunately I think he might be a Red Wings fan.

Yep, Everett expected that but it was worth the risk.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I went to Northgate, Grew up off Oak Grove Rd.

Wow, I read 'when' and not 'where'. :facepalm:

I haven't been back there in years but I think it was Homestead Ave.

EDIT: It was definitely Homestead, right off Walnut Blvd. I can't remember the school name exactly but it was within walking distance from there I'm sure.

Yep, Everett expected that but it was worth the risk.

Definitely. They also have Matthews' rights if I remember correctly. He went to camp too.

Last edited:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Definitely. They also have Matthews' rights if I remember correctly. He went to camp too.

I think he was a 3rd round pick maybe?? I don't know a whole lot about him, just the basic scouting report. Khodorenko was the one someone told me to keep an eye on so I have.

CBJenga

May 30, 2008
Oh, I know.

I was more commenting that the Sharks have had several players that didn't require much time in the AHL to make an impact in the NHL.

honestly, that seems like that works out the best for Sharks prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad