Confirmed with Link: Boyle to Isles for 2015 5th round conditional draft pick. 4th if signed

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Given the hoopla over how good the 2015 draft is, I'm glad thats when we get the pick

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Interesting. DW getting a pick out of someone everyone knew was not going to be re-signed. Wonder if we get similar value for Havlat.

I'd imagine there were multiple teams who were interested in Boyle and NYI wanted to get first crack.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
This is total Garth Snow move. I'm skeptical that Boyle would sign with the NYI unless the shell out some big money. But I hope he does to get that 4th. Strong work by DW, IMO. Love that it's for 2015.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm shocked that the Islanders weren't one of the eight teams Boyle wouldn't accept a trade to. lol

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'm shocked that the Islanders weren't one of the eight teams Boyle wouldn't accept a trade to. lol

For all we know, he could have waived his NTC (or was it NMC?). After all, what does he care who has his negotiating rights from June 5, 2014 to just before July 1, 2014? Better it anybody other than the team that has said they won't be bringing you back.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
For all we know, he could have waived his NTC (or was it NMC?). After all, what does he care who has his negotiating rights from June 5, 2014 to just before July 1, 2014? Better it anybody other than the team that has said they won't be bringing you back.

To not allow said team to gain an asset off of you when you have the option out of spite.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
To not allow said team to gain an asset off of you when you have the option out of spite.

Do we have any reason to think Dan Boyle wants to spite the Sharks? You know what's more important than spite?

Money. If the Isles are gonna offer some ridiculous amount of money now, maybe he wants to listen.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Do we have any reason to think Dan Boyle wants to spite the Sharks? You know what's more important than spite?

Money. If the Isles are gonna offer some ridiculous amount of money now, maybe he wants to listen.

He could've spoken to the Islanders on July 1 and gotten that money anyway...theoretically.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Great question I saw elsewhere from a friend:

What if the Isles turn around and trade his rights to another team? Who do the Sharks get a pick from, what pick, and how does the condition work if he goes to another team?

I'm guessing something like that is accounted for when this trade happens, right? Like perhaps we get the Isles 4th rounder automatically if they turn around and flip Boyle's rights elsewhere? Anyone know? I find the question fascinating.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
He could've spoken to the Islanders on July 1 and gotten that money anyway...theoretically.

Sure sure, but from now until July 1, he's under contract and was under contract with a team that wasn't going to make offer. No harm, no foul in now being under contract to a team until July 1 that will make an offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad