Confirmed with Link: Boyle to Isles for 2015 5th round conditional draft pick. 4th if signed

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think he was a 3rd round pick maybe?? I don't know a whole lot about him, just the basic scouting report. Khodorenko was the one someone told me to keep an eye on so I have.

Maybe. I don't know. But Matthews is awesome. Rocketed up the NDTP depth chart. Started the season coming off an serious injury and surgery that kept him out for months, but came back and dominated the U17. Played excellently at the U17 World's this past winter. Eventually moved up tot he U18s as a 16 year old and put up almost a PPG there. Played at the U18 a month ago as a double underager and put up a PPG on their third line. Cerebral, hard-working, great shot, excellent offensive instincts. Insane learning curve for him this past year.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Maybe. I don't know. But Matthews is awesome. Rocketed up the NDTP depth chart. Started the season coming off an serious injury and surgery that kept him out for months, but came back and dominated the U17. Played excellently at the U17 World's this past winter. Eventually moved up tot he U18s as a 16 year old and put up almost a PPG there. Played at the U18 a month ago as a double underager and put up a PPG on their third line. Cerebral, hard-working, great shot, excellent offensive instincts. Insane learning curve for him this past year.

That's the only time I've been able to see him play which just isn't enough to form any kind of opinion on him. I'll have to try to see more of him.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Hey guys, Isles fan here.

What do you think it would take to get Boyle signed?

I think he would be a really solid addition for us and would be the perfect partner for Griffin Reinhart.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hey guys, Isles fan here.

What do you think it would take to get Boyle signed?

I think he would be a really solid addition for us and would be the perfect partner for Griffin Reinhart.

2 years, 10 million probably gets him signed...it's just whether he wants to be there or not.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
2 years, 10 million probably gets him signed...it's just whether he wants to be there or not.

Yeah, I figured.

I just wanted to get a better idea of what he'd ask for if he is interested.

Thank you.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
There appears to be a very slim to no chance Boyle signs with the #Isles. At this stage of career he wants to play for contender. #NHL—
Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) June 09, 2014

A guy at his age and decline is not going to get to dictate that unless he seriously undercuts his market value (what the market is, not his perception of it).

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
Boyle's smart.

Or just not dumb. Unless he wants to go for a final money grab and the Isles are willing to way over pay for a year or two or give him 3+ years, why would he not just go to free agency?

For someone who has made as much money as him I couldn't imagine him signing with the Isles to make an extra 1 mil for 1 year.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
they offered more money than hes worth, unless hes playing for half that he wont go to a contender

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I still think he's looking for a Gonchar-type contract (two years, $5M per).

I wonder what happened during the negotiations with the Islanders. Were they not willing to give him a second (or even third?) year? Were they not offering enough money? Did he not like the future set up of the team? We'll never know...

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I still think he's looking for a Gonchar-type contract (two years, $5M per).

I wonder what happened during the negotiations with the Islanders. Were they not willing to give him a second (or even third?) year? Were they not offering enough money? Did he not like the future set up of the team? We'll never know...

Well we do know that in general the Islanders have trouble attracting FAs even when Snow purposely overbids. I think a quote from Snow goes like this: "I don't understand it. It's not like they will be sitting in the stands."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad