Injury Report: Boychuk Week to Week; Isles call up Aho

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Seidenberg should play regularly for a while now while rotating kids, it's hard to judge Seidenberg when he plays once and sits for 4 or 5 and then plays again. He's kind of defenseman we'd be trying to trade for honestly. I for one would like him to play a stretch to see if he can get rhythm and if he has anything left in tank.

seidenberg is absolutely awful

Reactions: Eberzal

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Better idea than dressing Prince

Leddy leddy
Leddy leddy
Everyone else ( at the same time )

This D will be as good as the Mark Eaton , chef, Jurcina days . Time to open another bottle of Dewars
We already had a Swiss cheese D . Without Halak last night the Buffalos net at least 5/6 goals

I hope leddy can play 30 a night for a while
And without Lehner Isles score 11:sarcasm:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Aho is a smooth skating dman and I expect him to look better than Mayfield right off the bat to be honest. We shall see, but let's see how Aho plays first and exactly how long Boychuk is out before making a big move right away.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Aho and Boychuck are very, very different types of players, so it'll be interesting to see how their reasoning is. Aho looks like he can add something to the PP and will hopefully be more of an attacking force but his small stature leaves a lot of questions. They certainly can't play both him and Hickey at the same time.

Reactions: bigtim1988

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Yeah Garth Snow can go **** his fat ass if he does nothing.

Area of weakness lost two top 4 d men; a winning organization doesn’t stand pat. A move should have been made a month ago!

We watch Aho not replace Boychuks D; a weak area becomes a complete abomination.

FTT.

Problem with this logic, is it takes 2 to tango in a trade. Plus we have no idea if he's called around, and what other teams may or may not be dangling. I would venture to guess at minimum he's called around to inquire, but can't fault him 100% if other GM's don't want to tango.

Reactions: IODCPiper

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Problem with this logic, is it takes 2 to tango in a trade. Plus we have no idea if he's called around, and what other teams may or may not be dangling. I would venture to guess at minimum he's called around to inquire, but can't fault him 100% if other GM's don't want to tango.

I’ll give you that. However, he hasn’t made many in season trades to improve the club; so his track record doesn’t breed the most optimism. I personally don’t have faith in him.

I’d suspect he’d tempt some teams w that first.

Reactions: Eberzal

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
This teams is in big trouble without dehaan and boychuk. Leddy is has been terrible lately. Pelech and Pulock are young and still mistake prone. Seidenburg is washed up. He just has not speed or lateral movement anymore. Hickey is ok for a 7th defenseman but when he has to play big minutes he gets exposed. Unless the goalies start standing on there heads i don't see how the islanders are going to survive losing there best 2 defenseman for a while. Snow may make a trade but he is going to have to overpay as teams know he is desperate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad