Injury Report: Boychuk Week to Week; Isles call up Aho

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
He isn't an Ahl defenseman, he had very good year last year and his veteran presence should help especially if he is paired with Aho who can skate.
So you want to play him just based on his age and not based on his ability/talent? You should apply for a management position with the Isles. You’ll fit right in.

Reactions: YesCubed

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
So you want to play him just based on his age and not based on his ability/talent? You should apply for a management position with the Isles. You’ll fit right in.
He's played in 14 games and not on regular basis we don't know he can't play anymore, the other side of coin is playing four defensemen each night with less than 100 games in NHL which is going to be a problem for them. If your arguing they should look around for another defenseman than I agree but I just don't know how they get away long term with such an inexperienced blueline

Reactions: Wanderson

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Stoked! As I’ve said several times already... Aho was one of the best defenders in the SHL last season - and I would say that the SHL is a better league than the AHL. It also seems like he has adapted well to the NA rink size. I hope he wont disappoint us.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Stoked! As I’ve said several times already... Aho was one of the best defenders in the SHL last season - and I would say that the SHL is a better league than the AHL. It also seems like he has adapted well to the NA rink size. I hope he wont disappoint us.
Definitely excited to see how he plays. I just wish it wasn’t at the cost of Boychuk.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Definitely excited to see how he plays. I just wish it wasn’t at the cost of Boychuk.

Could not agree more. Boychuk and Leddy are just as important as Tavares and Barzal. It will probably be a rough time until he is back.

Reactions: Eberzal

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Watch him go with 7D again to work him in slowly... :)

Better idea than dressing Prince

Leddy leddy
Leddy leddy
Everyone else ( at the same time )

This D will be as good as the Mark Eaton , chef, Jurcina days . Time to open another bottle of Dewars
We already had a Swiss cheese D . Without Halak last night the Buffalos net at least 5/6 goals

I hope leddy can play 30 a night for a while

Last edited:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I'm really excited to see Aho play - pairing him with Pelech is the right idea.
I am surprised he jumped Toews.

Big moment for Pulock to stake his claim here -

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He isn't an Ahl defenseman, he had very good year last year and his veteran presence should help especially if he is paired with Aho who can skate.
He had a very good first 2 months of last season. Then he got hurt. When he came back from IR and he wasn’t the same player.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Id go Leddy-Pulock, AHo-Pelech, Hickey-Seids

Mayfield is garbage. Seids was bad yesterday too but at least he knows where hes supposed to be, mayfield is absolutely clueless. We need to add a defensemen ASAP, and a good one.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I

Mayfield is garbage. Seids was bad yesterday too but at least he knows where hes supposed to be, mayfield is absolutely clueless. We need to add a defensemen ASAP, and a good one.

Do you know what they call a player who knows where to be but can't get there to make a difference? A coach.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Do you know what they call a player who knows where to be but can't get there to make a difference? A coach.
giphy.gif

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yeah Garth Snow can go f*** his fat ass if he does nothing.

Area of weakness lost two top 4 d men; a winning organization doesn’t stand pat. A move should have been made a month ago!

We watch Aho not replace Boychuks D; a weak area becomes a complete abomination.

FTT.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yes. And I would argue Hickey is better and more stable than the severely overrated Pelech. And trust me this is not a compliment to Hickey's level of play. It is scary, TERRIFYING that it could at least be argued that Hickey is our #2, or at worst #3 dman right now.

Whoa now, on a terrible D like ours Hickey is a 5 or 6. He gets sheltered minutes, that inflated his stats. I either see him turning the puck over, making a bad pinch, or getting mauled on the boards.

This D needs help. Pelech is already overmatched; we will see his flaws pronounced w increased mins. Same for Hickey, Leddy etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad