Injury Report: Boychuk to IR/ Pelech recalled *JB out 4-6 Weeks| Post 100*

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
If its a clavicle then Boychuk can easily break it again case in point Romo. Hopefully its a separated shoulder.

Could be but acute shoulder separations could require surgery if complex break. This seems like a grade 3, rest, restraint.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
If its a clavicle then Boychuk can easily break it again case in point Romo. Hopefully its a separated shoulder.

As a Cowboys fan, the word is Romo's clavicle was broken in multiple places after the hit in Philly. As someone who broke his clavicle, it sucks during the convalescence but you are back to normal afterwards.

Usually the callous (the new unorganized bone) around the fracture site is stronger than the original bone.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011

Sometimes its better to break bone rather than connective or soft tissue. Usually most bony breaks however serious will heal without complications eg. Tavares/Stamkos but any serious connective tissue injuries of the tendon or ligaments can be career limiting/ending if they're severe or repetitive in nature as they can make a joint unstable. It looks like he suffered a shoulder separation from the way he hit the boards, so he is going to let it heal and then stabilize his shoulder joint in rehab. Too many shoulder separation injuries can be serious, but a low grade one just needs time to heal. I've always been concerned about DeHaan's long term durability given his history of repetitive shoulder injuries with some requiring surgery.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I don't care which of the three comes up. This is an opportunity to give the club a full view opportunity to promote someone over Strait after Boychuk comes back. In a way I am more interested in seeing Pelech stick, because we well know Mayfield and Pulock will eventually. You could argue that this is the final bell for Strait's tenure here because of that. With the eventual loss of Hamonic we will need all three to play up in a year's time.

If early next season Mayfield and Pulock come in and play really well, how will the idiot capuano and snow justify to the fan base keeping Strait in the lineup for years while they languished in the minors?

BroadwayJay*

If early next season Mayfield and Pulock come in and play really well, how will the idiot capuano and snow justify to the fan base keeping Strait in the lineup for years while they languished in the minors?

You watching games yet?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Strait's a UFA at the end of the season. But someone who doesn't watch games probably wouldn't know that either.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Strait's a UFA at the end of the season. But someone who doesn't watch games probably wouldn't know that either.

I think I read somewhere that Strait needs 6 more games for 160 in the NHL... he qualifies for NHL pension benefits. Capuano making sure his pet is taken care of after hockey, of which he has a tenuous future after his contract is done with the Isles.

BroadwayJay*

I think I read somewhere that Strait needs 6 more games for 160 in the NHL... he qualifies for NHL pension benefits. Capuano making sure his pet is taken care of after hockey, of which he has a tenuous future after his contract is done with the Isles.

I'd be fine with him getting six more games and then wrapping it up. Good on him.

Spend time with the family, retire with some decent scratch in the bank. Get a nice split level in Weston, maybe do some coaching at BC High. Some light investment should get you a comfortable sum annually to make work not a necessity with the pension thrown in and the occasional nice dinner at La Campania. School the locals at the Skate Club Mens league at Rivers.

Why live a life risking the concussions? Make the smart play and hang 'em up.

Bigd, can you pass the message along?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

I'd give him the next 6 games if he promises to retire right after.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'd be fine with him getting six more games and then wrapping it up. Good on him.

Spend time with the family, retire with some decent scratch in the bank. Get a nice split level in Weston, maybe do some coaching at BC High. Some light investment should get you a comfortable sum annually to make work not a necessity with the pension thrown in and the occasional nice dinner at La Campania. School the locals at the Skate Club Mens league at Rivers.

WTF...where did you pull that from? Did you google "fine dining in Waltham" or do you know the place? :laugh:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

He should get into acting. He's been acting like an NHL player for a few years now. I could see him starring in a GI Joe movie....

BroadwayJay*

WTF...where did you pull that from? Did you google "fine dining in Waltham" or do you know the place? :laugh:

I lived around that way for many years.

Plus, my quest to inspire Brian Strait to spend more time with his family is one that I do not take lightly.

Don't you remember the effort I put into Henrik Lundqvist's second career as a Joyce scholar, inspired by AV's brilliant post?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=96803401&postcount=43

I do not take these tasks lightly. For many people, there is more to life than hockey. Of course, not for Dan Girardi. He should continue to stay in the game for as long as his contract allows.

EDIT: The even better post that inspired me: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=96801131&postcount=39

BroadwayJay*

He should get into acting. He's been acting like an NHL player for a few years now. I could see him starring in a GI Joe movie....

Don't forget to tip your waitresses, folks.

rimshot_zpsvgabbk2i.gif

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I lived around that way for many years.

Plus, my quest to inspire Brian Strait to spend more time with his family is one that I do not take lightly.

Don't you remember the effort I put into Henrik Lundqvist's second career as a Joyce scholar, inspired by AV's brilliant post?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=96803401&postcount=43

I do not take these tasks lightly. For many people, there is more to life than hockey. Of course, not for Dan Girardi. He should continue to stay in the game for as long as his contract allows.

EDIT: The even better post that inspired me: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=96801131&postcount=39

Haha....understood. Very nice of you to put him at La Campania and not at the bar of the 99.

BroadwayJay*

Haha....understood. Very nice of you to put him at La Campania and not at the bar of the 99.

Why shouldn't he be able to live the good life? He earned it.

Why bust his hump any more than he has to? Settle down. Start a family. It is a greater gift than another season of hockey could ever be.

There is more life than hockey, remember?

Unless you're Dan Girardi. Then hockey is everything. Stay in.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Easy, get a new coach. I would call that a must-have.

Odds they resign him - 99%?

What is the watch games thing?

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Why shouldn't he be able to live the good life? He earned it.

Why bust his hump any more than he has to? Settle down. Start a family. It is a greater gift than another season of hockey could ever be.

There is more life than hockey, remember?

Unless you're Dan Girardi. Then hockey is everything. Stay in.

He can resume fronting his cover band.

facebook_event_693801467308912.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad