Injury Report: Boychuk to IR/ Pelech recalled *JB out 4-6 Weeks| Post 100*

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
That's good news if there is no break, that would rule out a rest of the season 3-4 months type of injury. At least I hope that's the case.

A shredded shoulder like a torn labrum usually is a 6 month process from surgery to rehab. Not that it is that type of injury.

I'll assume the worst and hope for the best at this point.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
This whole things just reeks of this coaching staff thinking that they can outsmart everyone and are giggling behind the scenes. Unfortunately, they're a bunch of fools that is being laughed at and are too stupid to notice since there is no media coverage to second guess their dumbass roster decisions.

Pelech is here to sit on his ass. Strait will now be playing top-4 minutes. He will be playing on his off side as well - poor CdH will have to deal with this scrub. Pulock will now be playing on his off side in the AHL - the whole handedness excuse being shown as a farce once again on multiple levels of the organization.

This team just can never do the simple and logical thing. Idiots.

/rant

Cannot argue with any of this^.
Islander genius at work.
How soon before the Harvard boys take charge?

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
A shredded shoulder like a torn labrum usually is a 6 month process from surgery to rehab. Not that it is that type of injury.

I'll assume the worst and hope for the best at this point.

Correct. In 2010 Marc Streit tore labrum and rotator cuff in training camp and miss the entire season. It was a 9 month rehab.

In the same camp, Okposo tore his labrum only, missed all of 38 games (half a season).

Better off if it is "just" a broken humerus or even clavicle. A clean break will heal well but the area does not naturally get a rich blood supply, so healing takes time and work.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I'm currently recovering from a shoulder/collarbone injury myself. Collided hard, shoulder first in the boards and my whole upper-body compressed like an accordion - VERY similar to what happend to Johnny.

Nothing broken but sprained pretty good. Been out of action going on 4 weeks now and can't see myself getting back to 100% for another 2-4 weeks minimum. And that's with physio treatment twice a week.

So get ready to see 37 in Johnnys spot till middle/end of February boys.

Looks like Cappy won't have any trouble sticking to his 2016 new years resolution of playing his favorite dman more. Damn it.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I'm currently recovering from a shoulder/collarbone injury myself. Collided hard, shoulder first in the boards and my whole upper-body compressed like an accordion - VERY similar to what happend to Johnny.

Nothing broken but sprained pretty good. Been out of action going on 4 weeks now and can't see myself getting back to 100% for another 2-4 weeks minimum. And that's with physio treatment twice a week.

Looks like Cappy won't have any trouble sticking to his 2016 new years resolution of playing his favorite dman more. Damn it.

Boychuk will also have the best doctors taking care of him, while getting treatment daily. He will likely recover faster than the average person. Although we won't know anything for a couple more days.

The best case scenario is that one of the kids come up and force Capuano and Snows hand. Force there way into the lineup. If one of the kids can come in and play like a good middle pairing defenseman this team has a chance to make a deep run. This could be the end of Straits days.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Boychuk will also have the best doctors taking care of him, while getting treatment daily. He will likely recover faster than the average person. Although we won't know anything for a couple more days.

The best case scenario is that one of the kids come up and force Capuano and Snows hand. Force there way into the lineup. If one of the kids can come in and play like a good middle pairing defenseman this team has a chance to make a deep run. This could be the end of Straits days.

None of the kids are being given a chance at all so it's a moot point hoping that they force anyone's hand. Get ready for a steady diet of Strait on his off side for 20+ minutes a game.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
None of the kids are being given a chance at all so it's a moot point hoping that they force anyone's hand. Get ready for a steady diet of Strait on his off side for 20+ minutes a game.

We will see. I expect Pelech to play tomorrow at the tail end of a back to back. If Pelech steps up I think he could earn a spot in the top 6, much like Hamonic did a few years ago.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
We will see. I expect Pelech to play tomorrow at the tail end of a back to back. If Pelech steps up I think he could earn a spot in the top 6, much like Hamonic did a few years ago.

Where exactly is Pelech going to win a spot? I don't think he's every played on his off side and the LD is pretty much set in stone with Leddy, CdH, and Hickey.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Where exactly is Pelech going to win a spot? I don't think he's every played on his off side and the LD is pretty much set in stone with Leddy, CdH, and Hickey.

That's a good point, he won't take any spots from those 3 really only one spot open on the defense. If he plays great maybe we could see Hickey moving over to the right side. I think it's more likely we end up with all three kids back in the minors when Boychuk is healthy.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

That's the whole reason why they called him up instead of Pulock or Mayfield. Now Crappy can keep riding his boyfriend Strait all the way into the playoffs and hide behind his ******** "handedness" argument while doing so.

"I called up Pelech because Thompson said he was deserving". **** you, Jack, we all know why you called him up instead of the other two.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011

LMAO. Except you are you, some guy, and Johnny Boychuk is in incredibly great shape, is tough as nails, will have world-class doctors, and the best rehab money can buy. Anything that will take you 4 weeks will probably take him less than 2. Not trying to be insulting, but c'mon dude.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Heaven help us all if captain Chaos somehow scores a goal in the next 3 games.
Our "best defender" will have an extension similar to Hickey before Martin Luther King Day.

This situation is not a joke at all. It was inevitable that one of out top 4 would get injured.
Hopefully a second top 4 does not miss any time at all if JB is out for a long time. That also is unlikely.
What if Hamonic gets another of his day to day upper body injuries?

Would you , if you were management, have sacrificed say 4-5 points in the standings to this point
in the season to have given mayfield ,pulock, and pelech 3-5 games each already this season.
Then know exactly what you have when injuries arrive. Or at least 2 of the 3.

The combination of 20:00 of Strait and the non stop jibberish spewed out by Butch ( check my Twitter)Goring
Is going to make it very difficult to enjoy the games coming up.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
LMAO. Except you are you, some guy, and Johnny Boychuk is in incredibly great shape, is tough as nails, will have world-class doctors, and the best rehab money can buy. Anything that will take you 4 weeks will probably take him less than 2. Not trying to be insulting, but c'mon dude.

That's incredibly ignorant. We don't know what the diagnosis is but the injury and grade dictate the treatment and recovery protocol.
If it is a rotator cuff tear and labrum tear, degree of damage dictates treatment. For a large (5cm) full thickness supraspinitis and infraspinitis tear surgery is the normal protocol.
Recovery begins the week following surgery but dependent on the size of the injury, treatment is prescribed. The larger the tear, the more conservative the treatment from the beginning. It is a slow and progressive set of motion exercises while healing ensues. Over time, treatment increases range of motion and flexibility, then strength building. But we are still speculating as to the extent of the damage.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
That's incredibly ignorant. We don't know what the diagnosis is but the injury and grade dictate the treatment and recovery protocol.
If it is a rotator cuff tear and labrum tear, degree of damage dictates treatment. For a large (5cm) full thickness supraspinitis and infraspinitis tear surgery is the normal protocol.
Recovery begins the week following surgery but dependent on the size of the injury, treatment is prescribed. The larger the tear, the more conservative the treatment from the beginning. It is a slow and progressive set of motion exercises while healing ensues. Over time, treatment increases range of motion and flexibility, then strength building. But we are still speculating as to the extent of the damage.

Don't ever cross the streams with this guy. Or should I say Dr Bill? Well put.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011

Thanks for pointing that out.

Didn't mean to make it sound that I was on the same recovery timetable as Boychuk. Thought I covered that by saying I'm out for 8 wks MINIMUM. Apparently not.

Anyway, even though he hasnt been good this season, I hope he comes back tomorrow cuz I don't wanna watch this team get any worse.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
That's the whole reason why they called him up instead of Pulock or Mayfield. Now Crappy can keep riding his boyfriend Strait all the way into the playoffs and hide behind his ******** "handedness" argument while doing so.

"I called up Pelech because Thompson said he was deserving". **** you, Jack, we all know why you called him up instead of the other two.

Strait and Pelech are both lefties, so handedness can't be used as an argument here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad