News Article: Bowman and Colliton to return next year

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
f*** that. You don’t trade one of the best players in the league(at his position) for an above average 3rd liner/average 2nd liner just because he has 2 more years of term. You move on and explore other options with other teams.

That’s my issue. I truly believe Stan didn’t do his due diligence in exploring and looking for the best possible package/value in return. He made a quick, flawed decision in thinking “Saad was great here before, he’s a fan favorite, he’ll look nice next to Toews, etc”....and completely misjudged the situation. I have zero proof of this, but it’s definitely the way it seemed to unfold. There’s simply no way that Saad was the best possible return value he could have gotten across the entire league.

Bowman has been ass at assessing pro talent for trades. Giving up two 2nds for Timmonen giving up a ton of draft capital for Shaw who has had what felt like 5 concussions since his original trade to MTL. Giving up picks for Dale Weiss and Tomas Fleischmann who were healthy scratches, the entire sharp cluster **** (from Daley to Scuderi to Erhoff all the while retaining salary and Garbutt to Sekac) when they could have just gotten two 2nds.

Top it all off adding 10 million in cap when there is important rfas and ufas to sign

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Bowman has been ass at assessing pro talent for trades. Giving up two 2nds for Timmonen giving up a ton of draft capital for Shaw who has had what felt like 5 concussions since his original trade to MTL. Giving up picks for Dale Weiss and Tomas Fleischmann who were healthy scratches, the entire sharp cluster **** (from Daley to Scuderi to Erhoff all the while retaining salary and Garbutt to Sekac) when they could have just gotten two 2nds.

Top it all off adding 10 million in cap when there is important rfas and ufas to sign

It was actually Danault he gave up for Weise and Fleischman, plus whatever picks were involved. So it’s even worse than you say LOL.

But your point stands, and I totally agree. As good as he was at GM early on, he’s been every bit as awful ever since. One bad decision after another. Some good mixed in. But few and far between.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad