News Article: Bowman and Colliton to return next year

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Rocky Wirtz: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, coach Jeremy Colliton will ‘absolutely’ return

BF3gQrx.gif

Reactions: Schitty

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Stan returning is 100% the way to go. There is absolutely no one better out there to replace him. Anyone who hates on Stan is blind. We are finally seeing his plan unfold. Dach looks great, Boqvist looks great, Beaudin looked great in his debut, Mitchell and possibly Barratt are on their way, Kubalik was a brilliant trade, etc. Stan's plan is now.

Colliton I'm indifferent towards. I like him, but I'm also aware there are better coaching options out there.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Always figured this to be the case. NHL coaching moves seem to mostly happen during the season lately. If they fall on their face next year 1/4 of the way in, then it might happen.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Stan returning was super obvious to anyone paying attention. I don’t get what JC has done to instill enough confidence to make him untouchable before seeing what’s available though.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
GM stubbornness before the betterment of the team. What's the slogan again? I have no idea how Stan can look at this season and think JC is the guy to turn this around. So many questionable decisions throughout the season that gave the team a better chance at losing hockey games night in and night out.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
GM stubbornness before the betterment of the team. What's the slogan again? I have no idea how Stan can look at this
season and think JC is the guy to turn this around. So many questionable decisions throughout
the season that gave the team a better chance at losing hockey games night in and night
out.

One goal baby!

Reactions: Styles

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Not a surprise to me about Stan. I guess a little more surprised they are so matter a fact about JC.

I think a lot of us having talked about how it seemed like the hiring of JC was an indication that Hawks were in re-tool mode. He was brought in as a development coach. And I actually think he's doing well on that front as the young players are coming along well. I think he's done a good job balancing giving them ice time but not putting too much pressure on them as happens in some markets like Edmonton. He's also pretty good at using the bottom pairing guys effectively.

I think he hasn't been as effective with the veterans and the Seabrook situation and scratches probably caused way more locker room drama than we'll ever be privy to. But again he was brought in for the kids, not the vets.

That being said, if this team moves into a contending window there's a good chance the Hawks will switch to a coach more geared to a championship push if Colliton does not improve. He's made some coaching mistakes for sure, but again he's a young, relatively new coach so we'll see if he improves too.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think a lot of us having talked about how it seemed like the hiring of JC was an indication that Hawks were in re-tool mode. He was brought in as a
development coach. And I actually think he's doing well on that front as the young players are coming along well. I think he's done a good job balancing giving them ice time but not putting too much pressure on them as happens in some markets like Edmonton. He's also pretty good at using the bottom pairing guys effectively.

I think he hasn't been as effective with the veterans and the Seabrook situation and scratches probably caused way more locker room drama than we'll ever be privy to. But again
he was brought in for the kids, not the vets.

That being said, if this team moves into a contending window there's a good chance the Hawks will switch to a coach more geared to a championship push if Colliton does
not improve. He's made some coaching mistakes for sure, but again he's a young, relatively new coach so we'll see if he improves
too.

Agreed with all of that. I don't mind him at all.

Reactions: Brightwing

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I think a lot of us having talked about how it seemed like the hiring of JC was an indication that Hawks were in re-tool mode. He was brought in as a development coach. And I actually think he's doing well on that front as the young players are coming along well. I think he's done a good job balancing giving them ice time but not putting too much pressure on them as happens in some markets like Edmonton. He's also pretty good at using the bottom pairing guys effectively.

I think he hasn't been as effective with the veterans and the Seabrook situation and scratches probably caused way more locker room drama than we'll ever be privy to. But again he was brought in for the kids, not the vets.

That being said, if this team moves into a contending window there's a good chance the Hawks will switch to a coach more geared to a championship push if Colliton does not improve. He's made some coaching mistakes for sure, but again he's a young, relatively new coach so we'll see if he improves too.

Right. None of the youngsters, regardless of their talent, have been gifted anything, they've had to earn it. And that will pay dividends down the line. Christ, with Kubalik, it already has.

Our D is in injury shambles. Fortunately, we have talented kids who can backfill. But Ray Charles could see that this was not the plan.

Colliton's challenge of the Vancouver goal was idiotic, but honestly can't think of other brain farts (I'm sure there are some).

Don't get me wrong, I don't love JC, he's certainly not infallible. But I'm not convinced that he's holding the Hawks back.

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
surpised at JC. hes a mid season fall guy next year so then stan gets the whole year.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
McDonough returning is the real issue.
The sad thing is I don’t think his job is anywhere close to jeopardy. That interview Rocky had recently where he said something along the lines of “winning is important but everything we do is based on how we can can make money on it” spoke volumes. McD is here to stay.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Stan returning is 100% the way to go. There is absolutely no one better out there to replace him. Anyone who hates on Stan is blind. We are finally seeing his plan unfold. Dach looks great, Boqvist looks great, Beaudin looked great in his debut, Mitchell and possibly Barratt are on their way, Kubalik was a brilliant trade, etc. Stan's plan is now.

I don't agree with this at all. You cherry-pick a couple nice developments. Do you really need a list of Bowman's gaffes?

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Identifying the young talent coming through is not cherry-picking at all. de Haan? Good move. Lehner? Good move. Maatta? Good move. Carpenter? Good move. Shaw? Not a fan.

Have you forgotten about the Panarin and Teravainen trades?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad