RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
giphy.gif

No defending this nonsense

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
The generational tandem of Dylan Strome and Ian Mitchell will carry this team to the playoffs.

OK so assuming best case scenario that the cap is flat, what should strome get? A one year deal just to make the numbers work?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My worst nightmare as a Hawks fan is for the Blackhawks to turn into the Chicago Bulls: perpetual mediocrity and living off past successes.

If Bowman, Ownership, the Front Office, and Colliton all have a singular vision and plan for getting the Hawks back into contention status then I’m all aboard. Anything else is going to lead to a lot of disappointment and wasted years.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Fixed for you. On our way there don’t worry. Fun times ahead. AlWaYs OnE gOaL....

We'd have to go through like 5 coaches (including Colliton) in the next 8 seasons to truly be like Buffalo. Eichel in Buffalo is like what Sale was with the Sox, a great player with a horrible team around him, a coach who doesn't know what he's doing, and absolutely horrific management.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
We'd have to go through like 5 coaches (including Colliton) in the next 8 seasons to truly be like Buffalo. Eichel in Buffalo is like what Sale was with the Sox, a great player with a horrible team around him, a coach who doesn't know what he's doing, and absolutely horrific management.

Oh sweet summer child! We are on our way!

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
You guys missed it a little so let me help...

Rocky only wants to make money...he said as much...

McD makes him money...he's safe...

Scotty..I mean Stan is Mcd's guy because scotty walks on water according to McD,lose stan..lose scotty....rocky has made money while he's been a quivering mass of bumbling ineptitude...he's safe

JC...He's Stan's guy...so stan won't get rid of him because that's admitting another mistake...besides he does what he's told and he's cheap...can't hire a "name-brand" coach...they cost money,thus negatively affecting rocky's bottomline and profit margin...so JC makes rocky money.....he's safe

Do ya'll understand now??? As long as rocky is making money it's status quo until the sheep stopping buying status quo.

Reactions: KWP

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
You guys missed it a little so let me help...

Rocky only wants to make
money...he said as much...

McD makes him money...he's safe...

Scotty..I mean Stan is Mcd's guy because scotty walks on water according to McD,lose stan..lose scotty....rocky has made money while he's been a quivering mass of bumbling ineptitude...he's safe

JC...He's Stan's guy...so stan won't get rid of him because that's admitting another mistake...besides
he does what he's told and he's cheap...can't hire a "name-brand" coach...they cost money,thus negatively affecting rocky's
bottomline and profit margin...so JC makes rocky money.....he's safe

Do ya'll understand now??? As long as rocky is making money it's status quo until the sheep stopping buying
status quo.

Thanks. Needed that breakdown.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
BK is the one that brought them up. They are not bad trades per say but I definitely would not say they were "good" trades like BK did. My initial post was that it was ridiculous for Musto to say that Bowman returning is 100% the right way to go. Sounds like you agree.

They were 100% good trades that didn't impact the future but improved the team right away.

Reactions: d rake

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
100%? You have a very low bar for what constitutes a good trade. Hmmm- if they were such good trades then why was the Hawks defense so bad? All at the low price of 4 M per year for each.

Why was the D so bad? Well to start the season they team had a bad system and Seabrook. Once the system changed and Seabrook left the lineup they improved . Neither Maatta or de Haan were part of the reason for the defensive issues. They actually carried far more than their share in their own end. You have a very poor understanding of why the team was bad defensively or hockey in general if you think Maatta or de Haan were part of the reason. You make those deals 11/10 times.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Why was the D so bad? Well to start the season they team had a bad system and Seabrook. Once the system changed and Seabrook left the lineup they improved . Neither Maatta or de Haan were part of the reason for the defensive issues. They actually carried far more than their share in their own end. You have a very poor understanding of why the team was bad defensively or hockey in general if you think Maatta or de Haan were part of the reason. You make those deals 11/10 times.

They made those trades out of desperation. That’s why they were even available. Sure, we all know de Haan is a good 2nd pairing dman but we also know his injury history. Sure enough, he played 30 games and was not reliable. This is why he was available in basically a salary dump trade from Carolina. Since the Hawks were so poor defensively, they had to take this gamble. If he played the whole season, the gamble would have payed off but as it stands it didn’t pay out in year 1. I am definitely not calling that a “win” or “good trade” from Bowman at this point. Kahun for Maata is- meh. They are relatively equal value when you factor in that Maata is 4 mil per.

And the totality of your post backs up my initial point in that to say that Bowman is 100% the right person for the job (Musto’s quote) is ridiculous. Seabrook, bad D system from his coach, brings in 2 dman, and they still are awful defensively. Like I said before, de Haan and Maata were not bad trades and I am not bashing Bowman for them but they definitely didn’t do anything substantial. I won’t label them as “good” trades.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
100%? You have a very low bar for what constitutes a good trade. Hmmm- if they were such good trades then why was the Hawks defense so bad? All at the low price of 4 M per year for each.
If McDavid and Draisatl are that good offensively, why did the Oilers finish in the bottom half of the league in goal scoring last year?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I guess an overarching, big picture question is too much for you to comprehend?
Lol what? It wasn’t hard to comprehend, it just wasn’t a strong argument man. Two players do not make an offensive or defensive system. The hawks biggest issues in the defensive zone this year were on the wings and early in zone coverages.

I think you know why that was a lazy “big picture question” on your part.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
So if the Hawks finish out of the playoffs and close to last in their division this upcoming season are some people still saying Bowman has a plan, is doing a good job, and want him to stay? 3 seasons of trash isn’t enough for some, I am curious if 4 is enough. Or is it 5? 6? 20?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How about not do that.
Need, desperately, a new direction. (a better one, successful one)

Stan Bowman got himself to a ready table set by someone else.
That core won those Cups. The 2015 Cup, fans can argue, i give pro Bowman fans that...
- few good decisions won't over do a whole lot of bad

Colliton, he has some good ideas, but those good ideas have not last very long.
- win here win there, more bad what good, just not good enough coach to the NHL
- yeah that end of last season good run, (which, didn't end as was projected)...what happened to that?
no signs of that (much) this season

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad