Prospect Info: Bowen Byram - D [2019: 4th Overall] Part II: Now serving a side of overconfidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
No, I think you're 100% right. I just mean that putting up big point totals and driving offense doesn't need to be his game in the NHL for him to be a good pick.

Makar is a special talent that could be bordering on generational, it's no slight to Byram to say he isn't going to be that good.

My hope for Byram is that he becomes a poor man’s Drew Doughty.

Maybe not as good offensively, or defensively, but I think a lesser Drew Doughty is achievable with his draft status and overall ability.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think he will be named captain if Lafrenière doesn’t join. Experience winning gold last year plus Edmonton bubble experience plus he wore a letter at the Hlinka plus entrusting him to guide Wright seems to add up.

That was a nice vid. It’s clear Wright is a priority to them too. It’s nice that they looked to Bo to help him and he seems up to the task. Very cool.

Last edited:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If Byram's hockey IQ is has high as they say, he won't just be "where the puck will be" like Gretzky. Hopefully, he'll be where Cole won't be and make up for botched coverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: arun

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Thank God one is LH and the other is RH because the names Barron and Byram are hard to differentiate from the play-by-play guy.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Haven't really seen any of the footage of Byram lately but by the sounds of these most recent posts, he looks to be on point.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
What I noticed over the first two periods of the game for Byram:
  • very quick decisions making
  • Constantly generating opportunities including a one timer near miss, a set-up for a one timer to Krebs wide open in the slot as well as keeping the puck in consistently while making good pinches
  • Seems to always be in the right spot in the offensive zone with the greatest hindrance being his teammates not seeing him open or missing him on passes
  • Decided to play aggressively on a 2-on-1 in which he took the puck carrier with the anticipation that his back checking teammate would be able to catch up to the play. They weren’t able to an the offensive player was able to get the pass past Byram for a great opportunity and an even better save.
  • Seems the only time Red had offensive opportunities in the first is when Byram was on the ice

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
That first cut he makes along the board is so slick. Most forwards would expect the D to ring it around the boards, and the forward backs off, so Byram just cuts inside and holds on to it. He’s got a knack for holding the puck just out of reach, while still leaving another passing option open. He’s going to create so much space for other players out there just because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad