What do you expect from Byram?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Let's not forget that the PP1 is going against the other team's top PK unit. Against some teams that make a big difference. With that said I agree with most here that there need to be a change. I would love to bump Kadri down and get Byram in instead. Have Mack, Makar and Byram rove around to create havoc in the PK unit and therefore opening up lanes to Rantanen's one-timer or a one-timer from the point from one of the three.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Let's not forget that the PP1 is going against the other team's top PK unit. Against some teams that make a big difference. With that said I agree with most here that there need to be a change. I would love to bump Kadri down and get Byram in instead. Have Mack, Makar and Byram rove around to create havoc in the PK unit and therefore opening up lanes to Rantanen's one-timer or a one-timer from the point from one of the three.
I mean it doesn’t really matter what unit they’re going up against when they’re as static as they are. It’s very easy to defend.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
We desperately need a special teams thread.

The power play is going to dominate discussion when it’s not dominating, like it is now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs71

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I also want to see Makar be more aggressive sometimes, but... deferring to Mackinnon is tough to criticize too much. Avs have too much skill for one puck! Need to zero in on finding next Tom Wilson (did I just say that, I can't stand that guy?!) in future drafts.

Watching Byram make plays in the NHL he regularly made in WHL and world juniors was a thing of beauty Friday night! Can't wait for more. Giddy.
Makar defers to Mackinnon too often to the point where even Mackinnon criticized for it last yr. I dont think Makar truly understands just how special he is yet. I thought he got over that during the playoffs but im seeing young Cale early this season and I want to see mature hockey player Cale who can make the same plays Mackinnon does.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don’t have a clip of it, but Rantanen’s reaction to watching the Byram pass on the big screen while he’s on the bench was pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad