Speculation: Bouwmeester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
You guys know that movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days? They have been secretly shooting a movie within the DRW organization called How to Lose an Entire Fan Base in 10 Days.

I hope everyone is ready to see one of Sproul or Ouellet and Tatar or Nyquist and a 1st round draft pick leave town.

What happens on the 10th day? We all buy Chicago Blackhawk jerseys

has a team ever given up its top overall prospect, its top dman prospect and a top 20 first rd pick at the trade deadline for a player?

hf boards is hilarious

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
has a team ever given up its top overall prospect, its top dman prospect and a top 20 first rd pick at the trade deadline for a player?

hf boards is hilarious

waiting for the patented "give your head a shake" line

will be awesome (horrible) if we trade for him, and then you are the one sitting there, shaking your head:laugh:

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

hf boards is hilarious
-Feaster went on record saying he'd get more for Bouwmeester than Iginla
-Nyquist isn't all that great
-Ken Holland knows very little about constructing a team in the cap era
-Ken Holland traded a 1st round draft pick for KQ
-I'm sure Ken Holland thinks Jbo would put the Red Wings into contention for a cup, let's forget about the fact Datsyuk was playing with ****ing Dan Cleary and Abdelkader

I hope it doesn't happen but I'm preparing myself for Ken Holland's lunacy. If it's the right deal, so be it, but knowing Ken Holland...

Filpulla and a conditional 2nd is the highest I'd go. Throw in a mid-level prospect if you want.

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
-I'm sure Ken Holland thinks Jbo would put the Red Wings into contention for a cup, let's forget about the fact Datsyuk was playing with ****ing Dan Cleary and Abdelkader

I hope it doesn't happen but I'm preparing myself for Ken Holland's lunacy. If it's the right deal, so be it, but knowing Ken Holland...

Filpulla and a conditional 2nd is the highest I'd go

I'd still rather trade Flip, prospect and a pick for Gaborik. But whatever. I know nothing. We got Dan Cleary.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Filpulla and a conditional 2nd is the highest I'd go. Throw in a mid-level prospect if you want.

Feaster also went on record saying he would never trade iggy and never blow up the flames like the oilers

what moves exactly do you think KH can or should do to make this team better?

Nyquist or Tatar? does anyone honestly believe with absolute certainty that they're the next datsyuk and zetterberg? Not a chance

Sign a top marquee under 30 superstar UFA? Nope, not a chance

I would hate to see KH move Smith for jaybo
I would hate to see Kh move Nyquist plus Sproul plus a first for jaybo

but apart from those two devestating scenarios i dont think KH will do anything or move anyone of huge generational importance

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Feaster also went on record saying he would never trade iggy and never blow up the flames like the oilers

Nyquist or Tatar? does anyone honestly believe with absolute certainty that they're the next datsyuk and zetterberg? Not a chance

but apart from those two devestating scenarios i dont think KH will do anything or move anyone of huge generational importance

Nyquist is the next Hudler. No big deal there.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
You don't seriously think Johan Franzen is a bottom 6 forward do you?
He's not a game changer anymore, two years of playoff success doesn't give him a free pass. You can play him in the top 6 so long as the other two are prepared to pick up his slack when he decides to be lazy.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He's not a game changer anymore, two years of playoff success doesn't give him a free pass. You can play him in the top 6 so long as the other two are prepared to pick up his slack when he decides to be lazy.

He doesn't need to be a game changer - how many game changers do the majority of teams have? Look at LA for instance, is Dustin Brown a 'game changer'?

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008

I hope it doesn't happen but I'm preparing myself for Ken Holland's lunacy

Look, I am all over Holland these days like white on rice, sitting on a paper plate in a snowstorm (ty Major Payne!), but this...

...I mean, are you trying anymore? I get it, the dude has seriously lacked foresight in the past 3 years. At no point did he address the team's weaknesses in any offseason.

BUT...he also constructed a roster that won a Cup in 2008 (thats 3 years after the lockout, mind you) and still had enough cap room to sign Hossa the next offseason and make it to game 7 of the SCFs. Wings would have won back to back Cups, btw, if Hossa' shoulder wasnt destroyed before the playoffs, Datsyuk wasnt injured in the Conference Finals and Lidstrom still had one of his testicles after the same series. But thats NHL hockey.

Moreover, for all the **** I give Holland, can even the most ardent detractor not appreciate at the least that this is not a cap team?

Think about how much worse off this team would be if this roster and its performance was a max cap team with no room to breathe without a fire sale (a la Calgary).

Regardless, JayBo is an upgrade for the Wings. There is no way anyone can argue otherwise, period. If you appreciate the game of hockey without having to watch the Winged Wheel to enjoy it the most, then you would know JayBo is a very good defensemen who is paid exactly what he is worth, not a cent more, not a cent less.

I seriously think for all the b****ing and moaning around here about the roster, front office and coach, most of you are still convinced Detroit has a mystique that other teams do not, that the franchise is still special.

Newsflash: It isnt. Not anymore. As hard and arduous as it was to gain that same mystique, it took 3 very short years to lose it. 2 years in a row of being a middling playoff team (3 including this year) and a retiring Lidstrom have spent whatever cache this franchise once had.

Welcome to the rest of the NHL plebeians. You are not special (anymore), you are not a snowflake (anymore). That reign of superiority is finished, kaput, over and done with.

This franchise must compete equally with everyone else on the outside looking in on the real contenders (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston, ~LA and maybe Montreal and Anaheim this year).

JayBo helps the Wings this year and next. I dont see how he doesnt for a prospect + pick.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

Wait it out this year. Well, at least sign DD. They've actually looked like a hockey team the past few games. I don't think they are in danger of missing the playoffs with the team they have now. I don't think they are a trade away from being a Stanley Cup contender either.

So

Don't bring Cleary back. Buy out Samuellson and Bertuzzi. Nyquist, Tatar and Jarnkrok or Sheahan up full-time. Sproul, Ouellet, Frk, Pulkinen, Jurco (who is) in the AHL next year. Actually start injecting youth into the team and start the transition. Assess what you have and then go out and trade for a certain type of player you need to take you to the next level. If they sign DD and have Sproul and Ouellet in the wings, pun intended, I don't think that makes JBo a need.

Kronwall - Ouellet
Ericcson - Sproul
DD - Smith
Kindl

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
He doesn't need to be a game changer - how many game changers do the majority of teams have? Look at LA for instance, is Dustin Brown a 'game changer'?
Dustin Brown averages 300 hits a year. Franzen is lucky to get 50. I wouldn't say Dustin Brown is a game changer but he's a helluva lot better than Franzen. I'm not trying to dog on Franzen, his cap hit is good for what he does, and he's 'good enough' for the top 6.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Dustin Brown averages 300 hits a year. Franzen is lucky to get 50. I wouldn't say Dustin Brown is a game changer but he's a helluva lot better than Franzen.

So now he doesn't have to be a gamechanger, but has to hit a lot?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Dustin Brown averages 300 hits a year. Franzen is lucky to get 50. I wouldn't say Dustin Brown is a game changer but he's a helluva lot better than Franzen.

Right. But those are two different things, teams don't need 4-5 game changers on them. Franzen's play has definitely been watered down lately, but goal scorers are streaky game changers and it's incredibly easy for them to fall off the map for large periods of time. See Ovechkin, Chris Stewart, Iginla, Perry etc... All better than Franzen, but they're questioned at times just the same.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
So now he doesn't have to be a gamechanger, but has to hit a lot?
You guys are special here. Yea, I guess it would be too much to ask for a hockey player that is 6'3'' 230 lbs to use his body every once and a while. You know what, screw it, I want Franzen to register 500 hits a year. He has no reason to shoot the puck.

He tried comparing two different type of players. I pointed that out, FFS

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
You guys are special here. Yea, I guess it would be too much to ask for a hockey player that is 6'3'' 230 lbs to use his body every once and a while. You know what, screw it, I want Franzen to register 500 hits a year. He has no reason to shoot the puck.

He tried comparing two different type of players. I pointed that out, FFS

How are they different types of players? Both are big goal scorers. Neither are expected to be game changers. And Franzen does hit, it just isn't a focal part of his game like it is to Dustin Brown. I wish Franzen would hit more because when he does it hurts.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
How are they different types of players? Both are big goal scorers. Neither are expected to be game changers. And Franzen does hit, it just isn't a focal part of his game like it is to Dustin Brown. I wish Franzen would hit more because when he does it hurts.
Heats, I feel we're starting to just run around in a circle and this isn't the thread for it. All I'm going to say is Brown is a two-way player, Franzen is very much one-dimensional. Franzen is fine in a top 6 role with his cap hit. He was a game changer years ago but isn't anymore. I wish he still was.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I wasn't ignoring you Dark, I agree with most of what you said. Outside of us still thinking there is some mystique to the Red Wings. I think most of us here know tides have changed. What goes up, must come down.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Heats, I feel we're starting to just run around in a circle and this isn't the thread for it. All I'm going to say is Brown is a two-way player, Franzen is very much one-dimensional. Franzen is fine in a top 6 role with his cap hit. He was a game changer years ago but isn't anymore. I wish he still was.

I agree

come on nobody can honestly believe Franzen is a game changer

dustin brown literally changes games, either with big goals or huge hits

he is the reason why LA won the cup and the reason why he won the Conn Smyth above anyone else

i iwish Franzen had 1/10th the heart Dustin brown has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad