Pre-Game Talk: Bounce. Back. Oilers Leafs Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm just glad there is no game tonight.

The Curse of Oak Island is on @ 8 & I'm pretty confident they solve the mystery tonight. They're due.

hqdefault.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It was off for everyone in the top part of our lineup including the defence

But it wasn't. At least the 2nd line looks after own zone a lot better than the first line does, and not at all an isolated thing. The fly by stick wave by McD on the last goal is pretty much testimony how much he needs to work on his all aspects game. i mean he has 4 more pts than Drai while playing with better linemates, but for all that he's only +3 on the season, Drai +15. Not by accident. Both see similar QOC, and of the two Drai takes more own zone faceoffs.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
But it wasn't. At least the 2nd line looks after own zone a lot better than the first line does, and not at all an isolated thing. The fly by stick wave by McD on the last goal is pretty much testimony how much he needs to work on his all aspects game. i mean he has 4 more pts than Drai while playing with better linemates, but for all that he's only +3 on the season, Drai +15. Not by accident. Both see similar QOC, and of the two Drai takes more own zone faceoffs.
I had to look that up and it’s bizarre how much Drai stands out amongst our forward in terms of +/- and having watched every game, I have no idea how it’s come about(not in a bad way). I even think he’s been struggling lately with the injury despite the points.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'm just glad there is no game tonight.

The Curse of Oak Island is on @ 8 & I'm pretty confident they solve the mystery tonight. They're due.
Entertaining, but they'll never find anything. Samuel Ball found it already

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So apparently people don't know this but Drai is +15 on the season and 2nd in NHL among forwards with only Marner being better. This not by accident. Drai has worked tirelessly this season to back check, back pressure, to work pucks out of zone, eating hits just establishing that the puck gets north. Watch him. people critique him the few times he gives the puck away. Watch what he does when he gives a puck away. he's back as fast as the D are. Several times this season he's the first player getting back for a dump in.

I encourage people to watch Drai all over the ice. People fault his skating in offensive zone, but there is no denying the miles he puts in a game. Should be mentioned that he's verging on 60% in the faceoff dot this season, and he has impeccable GA stats despite having a lot of D zone starts.

No waveby checks by this player, not many blown coverages, and working tirelessly in all zones.

Interestingly Drai still isn't even a footnote on the Toronto board, they still think this club is McD all day. But on this board too, the year to year aspects this playre brings is incredible. Growing game by leaps and bounds. 2 years ago he scores 50 goals, last year Art Ross and NHL MVP. This year working on Selke.

We are lucky to have him. Drais own zone play also forces McD to match, and he will, but McDavid is really behind Drai on that aspect of play. That was evident again last night.

Drai on his renewed commitment to D and all zone play;

Like many stars before them, Draisaitl, McDavid recognizing the value of defence | CBC Sports

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Missed the game last night (thankfully from the sounds of it). But bad games happen. Hell, the Leafs were a minute away from being shut out in back to back games by the Flames.

Expecting a big bounce back from the teams best players tomorrow.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
At this point Not dressing Bouchard and not even putting him on the PP is comical
It's the same as how long it took him to get into the lineup. He gets 3+ shots at the goalie per game. 9-2 with him in the line up. Geez, let's just take him out against a fast transition team for sh**s and giggles.

Things have to go real bad for a player for Dave to change something. He doesn't try to get ahead of anything. We aren't at practice, so who knows. Maybe he sees things in guys and either doesn't take them out or put them in.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I had to look that up and it’s bizarre how much Drai stands out amongst our forward in terms of +/- and having watched every game, I have no idea how it’s come about(not in a bad way). I even think he’s been struggling lately with the injury despite the points.
I believe we have a crazy save % when Drai's line is on. That was games ago though. Something like 0.944

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
The loss against the Leafs on Saturday has shaken us a bit. I'm sure the Oilers will take the next 2 games and reassure us that all is right.
This schedule with the series-games has a different feel. Mini playoff kind of feel....should appeal to the Oilers who can work through a series better than picking a game to win.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Goddamnit.

I was sure they were gonna find it tonight.

I feel like they might be leading me on giving me just enough hope to keep tuning in.

Kinda like the f***ing Oilers.
save you the trouble bro, if they ever found treasure for real it would make the news long before they could edit/release an episode covering it.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
To me, the Jets are the real wildcard in this. Rocking a +16 and adding Dubois, along with 3 games in hand on the Leafs puts them in a real nice position. Now, I know you have to win games in hand, but I'm really looking forward to them playing the Leafs when the time comes. Great goaltending, a rebuilt defence that seems to be getting better with Pionk becoming a star, and a set of top forwards that are matched only by the Leafs in this division. Plus I think their coach is excellent.

Jets are the real deal IMO. They can punish you with size and speed now. They absolutely fleeced the Rangers on the Trouba deal. Not only did they get Pionk, but they received a 1st as well

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I made a bet with a Leaf fan. Whoever won had to wear the other jersey. I had to go to his house Sunday hungover as shit and pose with that stupid jersey. He has about 1000 friends on FB so you know where that picture went. I felt like Mr Carlson in the Turkey Drop Episode.
I had everything planned out. Matthews not playing, Andersson out, etc. I thought the plan would work, I really did.
Win 2 outta the next 3 and I do his front yard up with Oiler colors and they get posted.

WKRP Turkey Drop - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad