Pre-Game Talk: Bounce. Back. Oilers Leafs Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oilers need a bounce back game. :ghost2:

(I take no responsibility for any posts in this thread.)

Lines

Kahun - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Ennis - Khaira - Archie
Nygard - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Lagesson - Larsson
Bouchard - Bear

Koskinen and pray

I would like to see Neal in as well but I don’t see him pulling out Ennis, Chaisson or Kahun to make room.

Making a Pre GDT takes considerable less time and effort than a GDT in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Old Lou Brown reminds me of Tippett for some reason.

Coincidentally, the Oilers are going to need about 32 victories to make the playoffs. Someone needs to bring in something like this...everytime they win, they peel a section.

*mods...there is one f bomb in the video. Remove this post if required.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Why do you guys keep taking Russel off your fantasy lineups? Just accept the fact that he's here forever.

dontforget.png

InTheBox

Feb 7, 2021

Lines

Ennis - Khaira - Archie
Nygard - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Lagesson - Larsson
Bouchard - Bear

Koskinen and pray

I would like to see Neal in as well but I don’t see him pulling out Ennis, Chaisson or Kahun to make room.

Making a Pre GDT takes considerable less time and effort than a GDT in case anyone is wondering.

I hope this is what the D looks like. We need bigger d-men so then can knock people off the puck. Jones and Russel just can't do that.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Lines

Ennis - Khaira - Archie
Nygard - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Lagesson - Larsson
Bouchard - Bear

Koskinen and pray

I can’t believe I’m not throwing up at the idea of khaira as 3C. Him and Chiasson have played well lately

BudBundy

May 16, 2005

Lines

Ennis - Khaira - Archie
Nygard - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Lagesson - Larsson
Bouchard - Bear

Koskinen and pray

This is not the “bounce” gif I was hoping for.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
D pairings are just not optimal for me and I want:

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
Barrie - Bouchard (soft mins, offensive zone starts)
Russell

At 5v5, it is really hard finding a spot for Barrie.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010

Lines

Ennis - Khaira - Archie
Nygard - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Lagesson - Larsson
Bouchard - Bear

Koskinen and pray

This is the forward group I want to see as well. Only thing I'll add, and I just mentioned this in the Post game thread, is that if Kahun don't click with McDavid I'd be ok with Haas getting a shot there.

Haas has been excellent this year and I think his speed factor could wreak havoc playing alongside McDavid.

I just want to see some chemistry in the top 6. What Tippett is trying to run there just isn't working unless McDavid or Drai dominates or the bottom 6 picks up their slack. It's getting frustrating to watch even if we are in 2nd place in the division.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well if we’re going off last night the actual top pairing looked even worse.

And how much of that was due to Nurse not having a strong game defensively? Nurse has been great this season, but last night was not one of his better games.

Nurse-Barrie (You don't go away from what has brought you to the dance because of 1 bad game)
Bear-Larsson (We need one of our righties to play LD or we will have to move one or not sign one of them at some point. This would be our defensive zone pairing)
Jones-Bouchard (2nd puck moving pair with Bouch's big shot to help offensively)

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
And how much of that was due to Nurse not having a strong game defensively? Nurse has been great this season, but last night was not one of his better games.

Nurse-Barrie (You don't go away from what has brought you to the dance because of 1 bad game)
Bear-Larsson (We need one of our righties to play LD or we will have to move one or not sign one of them at some point. This would be our defensive zone pairing)
Jones-Bouchard (2nd puck moving pair with Bouch's big shot to help offensively)

Coach T won’t do that, the pairings make too much sense. He’s more comfortable throwing KRusty over the boards to get slaughtered instead :laugh:

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Bear looked awful last night and you want to toss him back on the top pairing?

Not only did Tippett reunite them in the 3rd period, because Barrie is pretty hard to depend on, but also Nurse had a fairly bad game and was arguably at fault for three of the goals against.

Do you hate Nurse? No. I trust he'll bounce back. It's about balancing the pairs because Russell - Larsson sucks and Nurse - Barrie isn't a reliable pairing against top competition due to Barrie's shortcomings defensively. I trust Bear more than Barrie going forward at 5v5 as we've seen Nurse - Bear already play quite well defensively with each other and Tippett agrees with me on this one.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think we bounce back and come out flying this game.

Hopefully Bouchard and Lagesson are back in.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
D pairings are just not optimal for me and I want:

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
Barrie - Bouchard (soft mins, offensive zone starts)
Russell

At 5v5, it is really hard finding a spot for Barrie.

That top 4 would get eaten alive.

Nurse-Barrie
Lagesson-Larsson
Jones-Bouchard
Bear

Bear seems off still but I’d keep him as a 7th D right now while he heals.

If Russell never played again for us, I’d be good with it. Or otherwise in a very limited baby sitter 3rd pairing type role.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I could give a rats ass who they put in .just keep Russell out of the lineup. The game has passed him by and is nothing but an anchor in the back end

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
That top 4 would get eaten alive.

Nurse-Barrie
Lagesson-Larsson
Jones-Bouchard
Russell

If McDavid isn't on this ice, this pairing gets eaten alive at 5v5, and even with McDavid on the ice, they were poor vs Toronto in their own zone. This is not the first time they've been poor in their own zone, but the goaltending has masked a lot of it.

There's a reason why Tippett has been trying to blend the icetime and the pairings more lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad