Boulton (NJ) just dropped Murray (SJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Boulton has always been an underrated fighter.

Murray isn't that good of a fighter, he got his ass handed to him by Stortini. He's just really, really strong.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Boulton has always been an underrated fighter.

Murray isn't that good of a fighter, he got his ass handed to him by Stortini. He's just really, really strong.

Murray is an OK fighter, look at his fight card.. Probert once lost to Nazarov, doesn't mean he is a bad fighter right?

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Murray is an OK fighter, look at his fight card.. Probert once lost to Nazarov, doesn't mean he is a bad fighter right?

He's not a bad fighter, but I wouldn't say he's a great by any means.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Did Boulton really leave his helmet on while Douglas Murray took his off?

But solid knock down for sure, although lol @ the guy who said it was "lights out".

Murray always removes his helmet when he fights, unless when someone rushes him and he doesn't have the time to remove it.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
t8vmtz.gif

Alright you are in charge of every HF Boards fight feeds from now on. This is just beauty in motion. :handclap:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

No he didn't. Stortini just pulled his jersey over his face and got some shots end before the refs came in. Not exactly handing someone their ass.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Murray is a good fighter, just not a heavyweight like Boulton. Murray is huge, he looks like a fatass, i think he is awesome though. solid player

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Boulton might be the best fighter in the league. Love that guy. :handclap:

I just lost a lot of respect for Boulton.

1. If your opponent drops the helmet, you're an a-hole if you keep yours on.

2. He also punched Murray on his way down.

3. Taking a run at Dan Boyle of all people. Seriously?

Other than that, he KO'd a non-fighter, not such a big deal. I mean Clutterbuck is also one of the best hitters in the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also a fighter.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg

Murray had that visor on, though.

2. He also hit Murray on his way down.
He can't stop his swing with .1 second's notice.

3. Taking a run at Dan Boyle of all people. Seriosly?
That's part of his job. Finish checks on defensemen, fight people.

Other than that, he KO'd a non-fighter, not such a big deal. I mean Clutterbuck is also one of the best hitters in the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also a fighter.
Looks like Murray challenged him, though. No need to be upset.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Murray is actually i very underrated fighter. I dont get how people here are calling him a "non fighter" or not that good. He is a great fighter actually. Murray got himself caught and walked right into Boulton's punch. I dont see how that makes Boulton an amazing fighter. Murray was fine after the fight.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

2. He also punched Murray on his way down.

3. Taking a run at Dan Boyle of all people. Seriously?

Murray had that visor on, though.

He can't stop his swing with .1 second's notice.

That's part of his job. Finish checks on defensemen, fight people.

Looks like Murray challenged him, though. No need to be upset.

What he said. ^^^

The fact that anyone could lose respect for one of the most respected fighters in the league is just silly.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What he said. ^^^

The fact that anyone could lose respect for one of the most respected fighters in the league is just silly.

There are no excuses for keeping his helmet on, and also punching his opponent after he fell. However, I still respect Boulton because, for an enforcer, he can actually play the game.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I remember when Boulton was starting a bunch of stuff towards the end of Pens/Thrashers game a few years ago. He was throwing shots at a couple non-fighters at the whistle and he was challenged by Godard who was also out there. He wouldn't go, and then he continued going after other players in the scrum. Godard challenged hin again and he still refused, so Boris Valabik stepped in for him. Valabik ended up with a shoulder injury from the fight. Basically because Boulton started crap in a game where his team was down 6-1 or something like that, one of his teammates got hurt because he wouldn't answer the bell. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what an enforcer should be doing and I haven't really thought very much of him since.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
He is respected? The same guy who doesn't take his helmet off and does these kinds of hits...

Six years ago man. :shakehead He doesn't wear a visor genius. Why does he HAVE to take his helmet off.

There are no excuses for keeping his helmet on, and also punching his opponent after he fell. However, I still respect Boulton because, for an enforcer, he can actually play the game.

Oh good grief. :laugh:

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Murray is REAL lucky. If you look at the part of Boulton's fist that hit him it was the part that could do the least amount of damage. If he hit him with the knuckle portion of his fist I think Murray may still be asleep.

Besides that, if his head was a little slower in turning, that would most certainly be a broken nose.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Boulton might be the best fighter in the league. Love that guy. :handclap:

No. Great guy? Probably, but he is certainly not the best fighter in the league, and a case really can't even be made for him, try as you may.

Yeah, I guess that was just a slip. But you are an expert, I got it. :shakehead

Do you know what lights out means? Can you tell me where exactly Murray was lights out? A KO and KD are different things.

I remember when Boulton was starting a bunch of stuff towards the end of Pens/Thrashers game a few years ago. He was throwing shots at a couple non-fighters at the whistle and he was challenged by Godard who was also out there. He wouldn't go, and then he continued going after other players in the scrum. Godard challenged hin again and he still refused, so Boris Valabik stepped in for him. Valabik ended up with a shoulder injury from the fight. Basically because Boulton started crap in a game where his team was down 6-1 or something like that, one of his teammates got hurt because he wouldn't answer the bell. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what an enforcer should be doing and I haven't really thought very much of him since.

Closer to my thoughts on Boulton.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Do you know what lights out means? Can you tell me where exactly Murray was lights out? A KO and KD are different things.

That's a TKO in my book, look at the video: it's not like he's going down for the momentum of the punch, his knees buckle and he goes down vertically. For a moment maybe, but he was lights out.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's a TKO in my book, look at the video: it's not like he's going down for the momentum of the punch, his knees buckle and he goes down vertically. For a moment maybe, but he was lights out.
No, he wasn't. He got off balanced and a hard punch knocked him down. He wasn't out for any amount of time. AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad