Pre-Game Talk: Boudreau brings the sneau Ducks @ Caps (Ppd to 4/10/16)

bWo*

Clearly the Caps aren't hot enough to melt the snow, we need to be hotter than that.

Sunday March 13 at Honda Center. Refund those who bought tickets for today's game and Ducks send Caps a financial compensation.

Ovi just needs to score his 50th and it'll melt all the snow
alex-ovechkin-hot-stick.jpg

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
arena has a college basketball post season conference tournament that day all day.

the ducks game will not be made up very likely. if its necessary to see if the ducks make the playoffs, it will be tacked on the end of the schedule

I would hope the game would be made up at some point. The points could be a big factor in determining playoff seeding. What if that game has an effect on the Caps ending up somewhere other than first in the conference and losing home ice advantage at some point?

Edit: Caps just tweeted that a make up game will be announced as soon as it is confirmed

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I would hope the game would be made up at some point. The points could be a big factor in determining playoff seeding. What if that game has an effect on the Caps ending up somewhere other than first in the conference and losing home ice advantage at some point?

Edit: Caps just tweeted that a make up game will be announced as soon as it is confirmed

It's not so much for us, but for the Ducks. They're in a tough position in their race to the playoffs, whereas we can pretty much coast our way to a playoff spot. Every game is decisive for them.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It's not so much for us, but for the Ducks. They're in a tough position in their race to the playoffs, whereas we can pretty much coast our way to a playoff spot. Every game is decisive for them.

I understand that but if it would take away a spot at having home ice advantage during a playoff series that isn't fair either. I'm not saying the Caps are going to fall flat on their face and have a horrible rest of the season but anything can happen and those points could be very valuable.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I understand that but if it would take away a spot at having home ice advantage during a playoff series that isn't fair either. I'm not saying the Caps are going to fall flat on their face and have a horrible rest of the season but anything can happen and those points could be very valuable.

It would be cool for you if the game was held in Hershey if Verizon Center is overbooked.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just got home driving from Tysons Corner to Springfield and smart move to cancel. Highways are holding up for now but it was clearly getting bad out there. Though was still looking forward to some Capitals blizzard hockey.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It would be cool for you if the game was held in Hershey if Verizon Center is overbooked.

That would be awesome. Hershey's Saturday night game was just reschedule for Monday night and they play Sunday at 5. The week isn't booked for hockey besides practice but the Bears also practice at the old arena when necessary.

The Zombonis

Mar 27, 2012
Illinois
Flip flop the March 7 game scheduled for Anaheim to Washington; then play in Anaheim on March 13.
Ducks at Kings on the 5th; at WSH on 3/7, at COL on 3/9, at STL 3/11; home vs. WSH 3/13, home vs. Devils 3/14
Caps have at Bruins on 3/5; home vs. Ducks 3/7; at Kings 3/9, at Sharks 3/12, at Ducks 3/13; home vs. Canes 3/15

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Can someone help me out the a video embed? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Just a Scandinavian person wondering here...have been reading up about the news about the blizzard that is hitting the Washington area, and I'm a bit confused, because the numbers of snow aren't really anything special by our standards, but over there it seems to disrupt the way of life completely? Why is that? Is snow so uncommon in there?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Just a Scandinavian person wondering here...have been reading up about the news about the blizzard that is hitting the Washington area, and I'm a bit confused, because the numbers of snow aren't really anything special by our standards, but over there it seems to disrupt the way of life completely? Why is that? Is snow so uncommon in there?

DC is not Scandinavia, it's lower in latitude than Madrid.
Do you often get 2 feet of snow in one day where you live? I live in Canada and I've never seen this before.

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014

In DC yes. It is very uncommon and they are very unprepared, in the north, its not too big of a deal.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Do you often get 2 feet of snow in one day where you live? I live in Canada and I've never seen this before.

Sometimes, yes. And I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, it just seems so silly how such a mundane thing to us can wreck the way of life over there.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I understand security first, but I hope we will see some Caps hockey this weekend.

Today I had my brain ****** by an 8 hour exam and I wanted to "relax" in the night with a win against Bruce.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

http://iceagenow.info/record-snowfall-in-finland/

Most snowfall ever in a single day.

The western municipality of Merikarvia shoveled its way into history books on Saturday with a new Finnish record for snowfall in a single day.

At 8 am Saturday, meteorologists measured that more than 70 centimetres of snow had accumulated in a single 24-hour period, or close to two and a half feet.

So this storm is close to the Finnish record for snow in a day. Maybe not as common as you think.

Total snow accumulations over a long period of time are not the same as massive amounts of snow falling all at once on largely untreated roads in an area that does not fund or prepare for such rare events.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Can someone help me out the a video embed? Thanks

I could only last 1 min listening to that. If I could put my hands on that gap-toothed clown right now :rant:

Sometimes, yes. And I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, it just seems so silly how such a mundane thing to us can wreck the way of life over there.

Just imagine how your city would fare if it was hit by a massive storm and you only had enough snowplows to cover one suburb per day. DC is going to be a mess once the storm is over, they're absolutely not prepared for that.

I understand security first, but I hope we will see some Caps hockey this weekend.

Today I had my brain ****** by an 8 hour exam and I wanted to "relax" in the night with a win against Bruce.

8h exam? Holy cow, I hope you did well, enjoy the rest.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
okay fun game time. find a date where caps and ducks can make this game up :)

January 25th, or March 13th look logistically doable, assuming enough snow is cleared by Monday. Ducks go from Detroit back to DC before continuing on.

The Ducks road trip in the 2nd week of February has no gaps where they wouldn't be playing 3-in-3 on the road.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
January 25th, or March 13th look logistically doable, assuming enough snow is cleared by Monday. Ducks go from Detroit back to DC before continuing on.

they could do a noon game monday jan 25th and march 11/12 both teams are in california with the ducks having a home game on the 14th

gonna have to be after season ends

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
8h exam? Holy cow, I hope you did well, enjoy the rest.

Yeah, welcome to Belgium haha.

___

No news about the new date? Hopeffuly it's a home game, but I'd like it to play as soon as possible

But when you look at the schedule, it will be difficult to place this game before the end of the season. It will be automatically another back-to-back and I think the best date available is sunday 10 april, game N°82. 7PM And start the PO on thursday or friday.

Or NHL must put this game on next thursday, before ASG

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Find a place for two games .... I'm not very happy right now. It will be more back-to-backs, more ice time for our leaders, etc.

Why not just cancelled those games? We have enough points to stay on top without them.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad