Pre-Game Talk: Boudreau brings the sneau Ducks @ Caps (Ppd to 4/10/16)

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
Caps should have jumped on the Duck's plane to Detroit and they should have played this game at Joe Louis Arena tonight :D

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
Man, even though its just the ducks I'm going through caps hockey withdrawal especially with the thought that the game vs the pens is probably gonna be cancelled too :(

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Allright everyone, what are we drinking tonight?

Got a brand new bottle of Maker's to open.

good thing I went to the pubs in the city hoping to miss just the first period and finding out about the cancellation. I don't like the idea of the sunday game being cancelled, but can we really complain given our huge lead in the east and that'll be more days Carlson/Beagle won't miss in the long run. Not sure about Orpik given the information throw around our boards about him and his return.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I hope a week off wont effect our play. Knowing us though it will....

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Just got home driving from Tysons Corner to Springfield and smart move to cancel. Highways are holding up for now but it was clearly getting bad out there. Though was still looking forward to some Capitals blizzard hockey.

Dude.

Didn't you get stuck in a snow-storm from Richmond to the DC Metro a few years back?

You have the brave.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am surprised they tried to sneak this in just 2 hours earlier... destined to fail but at least they pulled the plug before it was too late.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wish CSN would post those Ovi specials they did on their website. That would make for some good substitute viewing.

I DVR'ed them, so that's what I'll be watching tonight. One of the (few) benefits of moving back to the DC area from California is being able to watch the local teams without paying for extra packages.

Then again, I didn't have winter for 5 years when I lived in San Diego so...

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i cant even see across the street its so bad. this right now would be the time people would be heading home

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just a Scandinavian person wondering here...have been reading up about the news about the blizzard that is hitting the Washington area, and I'm a bit confused, because the numbers of snow aren't really anything special by our standards, but over there it seems to disrupt the way of life completely? Why is that? Is snow so uncommon in there?

This should help put in in perspective below. But as a resident of the DC metro area since '81 15" plus puts it over the limit of what the area can handle.

550x611_01201721_infographic(5).png

Dude.

Didn't you get stuck in a snow-storm from Richmond to the DC Metro a few years back?

You have the brave.

Well I had P&P RPG game session plans in Richmond. And that Dec. 19/18 snow storm that hit saturday I was like I HAVE SUBIE WRX POWA AND HAVE NO DEPENDENTS SO ROAR/darwin awards candidate so I went down. Actually only took 2.75 hours or so but man the crap I saw was off the hook 95s (dodging a kitten in the middle of the road..a porsche boxer on the northbound side going 5 mph and bottle necking a mile backup of cars..endless big rigs and cars giving up and plowing themselves voluntarily or involuntarily into snow banks on the side of the road).

I paid for it coming back. Left at 8pm (and there was snow down in Richmond but the roads were just wet) and it took me 8 hours to get back to DC area. I showed up at my condo parking lot confronted by no parking spots naturally with about 3.5 feet (due to plowage) to deal with before even clearing the normal snow accumulation. I had one glove and no shovel. So used a disc golf putter disc and spent 45 minutes to get a spot low enough I could reasonably escape the next time, heh.

I was only in it this time to squeeze in a cardio session and lift workout at my work in Tysons because when your are getting oldz its what you gotta do, lulz.

tumblr_mqdcnl6vOM1stovwyo1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->