Pre-Game Talk: Boudreau brings the sneau Ducks @ Caps (Ppd to 4/10/16)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Good luck to all my fellow Caps fans trying to get to the game! Be safe on the road. Win-win for me tonight regardless of the outcome, I need them fantasy points from Gibson!

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Fans out. Metro now closes at 4:00pm and snow will be heavy by then so most people won't consider driving either. VC is going to be a ghost town.

I learned last year that stopping trains is actually worse because it allows snow to accumulate and then you have to manually clear the tracks after the storm.

NYC MTA was shut down last year for a snow storm (the blizzard that never hit) but they kept running the trains (just not taking in passengers). They took a lot of heat for that -it's a wasteful proposition.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I learned last year that stopping trains is actually worse because it allows snow to accumulate and then you have to manually clear the tracks after the storm.

NYC MTA was shut down last year for a snow storm (the blizzard that never hit) but they kept running the trains (just not taking in passengers). They took a lot of heat for that -it's a wasteful proposition.

Most of NYC's, or at least Manhattan's tracks, are underground. DC Metro has been experiencing issues with tracks cracking because of the cold. I imagine that factored into their decision to not run trains. Of course, this is the Metro we're talking about, so any decision is probably going to be the wrong one.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
#1 PP (27.1%) vs. #1 PK (89.1%, geez).

Win, so Getzlaf can lose slightly more of his hair again.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I don't get tickets often and I was planning on this one for months. But no way am I going to try to slog 50+ miles west thru the Blue Ridge at 9pm tonight in a RWD vehicle, that's lunacy.

:(

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Still can't believe they are going through with this game. Even at 5. By the time its done, we will have a S ton of snow. I'd be surprised if Anaheim makes it to Detroit tomorrow.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The last forecast I saw said that the worst of the snow won't start until midnight. Things should be fine for the game as long as you don't have to drive 50 miles to get home after (sorry Ralonzo :( ).

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
The last forecast I saw said that the worst of the snow won't start until midnight. Things should be fine for the game as long as you don't have to drive 50 miles to get home after (sorry Ralonzo :( ).

Forecast I was looking at said heavy snow starting at 5PM. But this was west of DC.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nhl doesn't really have a choice. Anaheim cant really fly back across the country for one game. Gotta get it in now

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Because no one would watch, most Caps and Ducks fans are at work even with the game starting at 5.
Remember the game starts a 2PM PST for the fans in California.

well nothing is really gonna be open today past noon since federal government is closing but agree with the ducks fans

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
well nothing is really gonna be open today past noon since federal government is closing but agree with the ducks fans

You guys stop working at noon today? Wow, it's got to be something serious to keep an entire city at home.

Now you know what it's like to live in Canada, except that we still have to go to work when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground :naughty:

Jun 15, 2007
You guys stop working at noon today? Wow, it's got to be something serious to keep an entire city at home.

Now you know what it's like to live in Canada, except that we still have to go to work when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground :naughty:

Went to Montreal for NYE. Snow was just left unplowed. Girls slipping and tripping in their heels left and right. That **** wouldn't fly in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad