Confirmed with Link: Boucher fired, Cooper to TB, Zettler in SYR | Bowness & George Gwozdecky hired

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm kinda surprised we haven't been in talks with Groulx. I was thinking we would go after him, considering it all.

Frantz Jean is with the Crunch right now so Yzerman probably won't do anything until the playoffs are over.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What makes you say that? Admittedly, I only saw game one, and that was in person. The backbreaking goal for the Crunch in that game was one that Ceddy should've definitely stopped.

I have trouble seeing how his mere presence has led to the downfall of the Crunch. Keep in mind he regularly travels to Syracuse to work with them through the year and he's been with Desjardins and the Crunch since the first playoff game. I can't place the blame all of a sudden on Jean because Desjardins hasn't been great these past 3 games.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I have trouble seeing how his mere presence has led to the downfall of the Crunch. Keep in mind he regularly travels to Syracuse to work with them through the year and he's been with Desjardins and the Crunch since the first playoff game. I can't place the blame all of a sudden on Jean because Desjardins hasn't been great these past 3 games.

We've got to blame somebody. :sarcasm:

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
BriseBois said there is no timetable to name the new assistant in Tampa Bay.

"We have lots of different (candidates),'' he said.

The Crunch will also be in the market for a new assistant, to replace Marty Raymond. Raymond came down from an assistant's job in Tampa Bay when Cooper went up.

"I know he's got a lot of options,'' BriseBois said. "I know a number of teams have contacted me, a number of teams have contacted him. He told them all he didn't want to talk until after the playoffs. We're lucky he came in and helped us. He's a big part of what ended up being a nice run in Syracuse.''

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013/06/zettler_1.html

So obviously Raymond isn't sticking around even in Syracuse and there will be another hire in addition to Bowness and Garlock.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bougw9J7Wmg&list=RD02ssCZWBtwUTI

His face is a ringer for Doug McKenzie's.

Edit: Hopefully he has a sense of humor.

Dave-Thomas-ESM-headshot.jpg
644_bowness_20130603v2.png

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Let's not freak out. Chicago's Stephane Waite and probably others are about to test the market. You never know who will be without a chair when the music stops.

Last edited:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
My apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere on this board.

Former University of Denver head coach George Gwozdecky named an assistant coach. You can read more about it HERE.

For those that aren't familiar with Gwozdecky, he re-built the Denver program into one of the nation's powerhouses and became one of the most respected coaches in all of college hockey. He guided the Pioneers to back-to-back National Championships in 2004 and 2005. A number of his former players are currently playing in the NHL including Beau Bennett and former Hobey Baker winner Matt Carle. He's a no-nonsense kind of coach whose a stickler on details. It came as a real shock to many in the college hockey community when DU let him go. And his departure has already resulted in one high-end recruited player decommitting (Sharks 2013 pick and now North Dakota-committed Gage Ausmus).

IMO, this is a terrific hire by the Lightning and I wish Coach Gwozdecky all the best in Tampa Bay. College hockey's loss is definitely the Lightning's gain!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad