News Article: Botchford died of overdose of cocaine and fentanyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Okay cool whatever you say. But its wrong. "Experts" in office buildings know best.

Its not an accident.

And what exactly are your qualifications? You just keep saying it’s wrong, what’s wrong? Why is wrong? I don’t think you know what you’re taking about.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What parts of the rationale they offer for their being little incentive to do it are no longer true?

Not trying to argue that the vast majority is through contamination. More fentanyl being used in general means more contamination and here we are. But people's tastes or tolerance levels change and if dealers think fentanyl is addictive you'll see some different stuff tried. Lots of other issues this year in particular with borders closed & high demand due to cerb cheques so I think you're seeing some different stuff tried than usual. It will be interesting (and sad) in a couple years when the data can be studied to confirm what's going on.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Y'all are so far behind the 8 ball.

Occams razor.

Very tragic botch paid the ultimate price. Make good decisions friends.

Reactions: m9

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Weird how the US will go and wage war to countries with oil, but can't send the troops in to face the cartels. I mean, just the sheer amount of cash they siphon out of the US economy should be reason enough, let alone the countless murders and stronghold on an entire country. If the cartels were obliterated, one would think the global drug trade would be significantly affected. I imagine someone would fill those shoes, but in the meantime, the price of coke going from being quite expensive, to priced out for majority of people... an interesting thought. Not saying, I'm pro-Mexican invasion for the cartels. I'm just wonderin' here.

CIA always gets their cut.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
You all want to make a dent in drug supply? Pay a fair price for food coming out of the countries just to the south of you... and stop treating countries that half of the people live below the poverty line as a way to keep your cost of living down farmers do not want to deal with cartels but do what they need to do to survive.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Y'all are so far behind the 8 ball.

Occams razor.

Very tragic botch paid the ultimate price. Make good decisions friends.
It isn't "us" saying this. It's thousands of professionals paid to study the subject and collect information about it.

Nov 1, 2011
You all want to make a dent in drug supply? Pay a fair price for food coming out of the countries just to the south of you... and stop treating countries that half of the people live below the poverty line as a way to keep your cost of living down farmers do not want to deal with cartels but do what they need to do to survive.

Do you really believe this?

I think you certainly have the causation wrong.

If there is a way to make money, somewhere on the planet there will be people doing it.

Not out of desperation but out of greed.

The drug trade is profitable and there will always be people that can make more money in that trade than in other trades. It's not going away regardless of what we pay for food.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Do you really believe this?

I think you certainly have the causation wrong.

If there is a way to make money, somewhere on the planet there will be people doing it.

Not out of desperation but out of greed.

The drug trade is profitable and there will always be people that can make more money in that trade than in other trades. It's not going away regardless of what we pay for food.

Yes I certainly do believe it, strongly in fact.

I said make a dent in drug supply, not make it go away. (and I mean make a very big dent in the traditional drug supply chain)

A vast majority of farmers only get involved in growing drugs because they live below the poverty line and growing food products doesn't provide enough income to live on. So they grow drugs. That is not greed, that is survival. So if very wealthy countries set up fair trade and focus on allowing farmers to pull themselves out of poverty then it will greatly impact the supply chain. The same reason you don't see very many western farmers growing grugs, they dont need to...

What happens after that and who would fill the demand is a diffrent issue, but I don't think that is a good reason to not pay third world farmers a fair price... Like fair traid organic coffee beans, as consumers its something we can do.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

I said make a dent in drug supply, not make it go away. (and I mean make a very big dent in the traditional drug supply chain)

A vast majority of farmers only get involved in growing drugs because they live below the poverty line and growing food products doesn't provide enough income to live on. So they grow drugs. That is not greed, that is survival. So if very wealthy countries set up fair trade and focus on allowing farmers to pull themselves out of poverty then it will greatly impact the supply chain. The same reason you don't see very many western farmers growing grugs, they dont need to...

What happens after that and who would fill the demand is a diffrent issue, but I don't think that is a good reason to not pay third world farmers a fair price... Like fair traid organic coffee beans, as consumers its something we can do.
Aren’t a lot of farmers forced to either sell their land to drug lords, or grow opium poppies or coca plants?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

The drugs that killed Botchford were probably manufactured in a purpose-built laboratory in Mexico or China representing millions of dollars in capital investment.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Pretty easy to believe that a mid 40s man with a wife and kids, and an amazing career would be a junky. I don't buy it at all. He was the only writer with the stones to slam management. And we all know what can happen when you are talking millions in income.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Pretty easy to believe that a mid 40s man with a wife and kids, and an amazing career would be a junky. I don't buy it at all. He was the only writer with the stones to slam management. And we all know what can happen when you are talking millions in income.
Wtf, Aqua is a greaseball slumlord but he or management wouldn’t taint or OD a f***in sports writer lmfao

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad