Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I guess we have a different view on who's a good player for dump and chase. Backstrom is slower than my granny. That puck would be out of the zone before he reaches the end board.

You need two things to be good at dump and chase, speed and determined board work. And Vrana may be the fastest on the team so he checks there. His board work, while not to be confused with Steve Konowalchuk, is much improved this year and certainly competent to play the DnC game. He gets there fast enough he won't need to muck around the walls either. If you end up grinding it out along the walls then your "chase" part of the dump and chase needs improvement.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
When an offensive player of Kuznetsov's level playing dump and chase rather than creating offense like he usually does, you know that team is in deep trouble.
Kuzy has said himself in multiple interviews that skill and finesse are great, but that he has learned that in the NHL, dump and chase is the right kind of hockey in many instances.

Reactions: Portable Mink

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Kuzy has said himself in multiple interviews that skill and finesse are great, but that he has learned that in the NHL, dump and chase is the right kind of hockey in many instances.

This is an important point. I see guys like Eller, Burky, Kuzy, Orlov, others too, trying to carry when they should be dumping and I think "they seem like they are working on their skills, like pickup hockey, vs doing the right play all the time like they did in the playoffs." Just a thought but I feel like all those Presidents Trophy flameout jobs have reset their collective mindset on the RS vs the playoffs. Like the RS is just practice to prepare for the playoffs to some of them.

I could be wrong and it could be nothing but wishful thinking. We'll find out in April.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I should preface all of my Capitals posts with I know they aren't winning the Stanley Cup this year so maybe I come at it differently than some other posters.

My expectations/hopes are Ovie scores 50, Ovie wins Rocket, Caps make the playoffs.

My expectations are about the same. I don't expect them to win it again this season. My hope is they make the playoffs (I am fairly sure they will).
And whoever they lose to in the playoffs, please don't let it be the Penguins

Reactions: Sam Spade

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My expectations are about the same. I don't expect them to win it again this season. My hope is they make the playoffs (I am fairly sure they will).
And whoever they lose to in the playoffs, please don't let it be the Penguins

Oh my expectations are the same as they always have been. At least since Boudreau arrived. This team can win the Cup. I don't expect it. I didn't expect it when they were a RS juggernaut and I don't know. They have all the pieces they need to win. The question is will Holtby Niskanen Orlov and Kuzy going to bring it or not.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad