Boston/Miller reached confidential agreement over NHLPA grieved termination after ELS deal terminated over past conviction

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Point number 2 is why many teams wanted nothing to fo with him. Teams looked into the council ing and programs Miller claimed to do and I believe 2 teams did an investigation into if Miller did everything he claimed he did and they were unhappy with what they found out.

You have had the bad habit of making statements, with no proof to support your claims.

Bruin fans can correct me but I thought with the fallout from this signing they felt mislead and should looked further into what Miller claimed to have done

I can't claim why the Bruins released him with 100% accuracy, and I am sure only the Bruins management could provide an accurate answer. My guess is that they were confident Miller had matured at 21, to the point that he is not the same person he was at age 14. The most likely explanation, is the backlash on social media against the Bruins decision, is what led to his contract with the team being terminated.

Several NHL teams tossed the bruins organization under the zambini in how they handled the situation.

Which teams?

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
...which frees him of further legal responsibility, but by no means of moral responsibility.

Of course, since the NHL is synonymous for being a league where only people of high moral standing participate in.:rolleyes:

Who would have ever thought that a kid drafted into a sport notorious for violence and intimidation by grown men on the ice, could (God forbid), could be capable of violence and intimidation off the ice, as a child.

Nobody is arguing that the actions of Miller were not reprehensible. I don't care for the mob mentality, so maybe try putting the pitchforks down. What kind of society would we be, if we never gave people second chances, especially when caught doing bad things as children. The irony of the situation, is that if Miller had lived in Canada, this would have never been disclosed due to the Young Offenders Act, which usually forbids children under 18 from being named.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Of course, since the NHL is synonymous for being a league where only people of high moral standing participate in.:rolleyes:

Who would have ever thought that a kid drafted into a sport notorious for violence and intimidation by grown men on the ice, could (God forbid), could be capable of violence and intimidation off the ice, as a child.

Nobody is arguing that the actions of Miller were not reprehensible. I don't care for the mob mentality, so maybe try putting the pitchforks down. What kind of society would we be, if we never gave people second chances, especially when caught doing bad things as children. The irony of the situation, is that if Miller had lived in Canada, this would have never been disclosed due to the Young Offenders Act, which usually forbids children under 18 from being named.

No one denied Miller his second (or third etc.) chance, he just failed to make any use of it. That was all up to him to get right, and he never did.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
No one denied Miller his second (or third etc.) chance, he just failed to make any use of it. That was all up to him to get right, and he never did.
I love how the "burn Miller at the stake" crowd goes on and on about him "blowing 2nd/3rd/4th chances", which is a bunch of BS. If you can provide evidence that Miller has continued to do criminal acts after February 2016, I would love to hear it.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I love how the "burn Miller at the stake" crowd goes on and on about him "blowing 2nd/3rd/4th chances", which is a bunch of BS. If you can provide evidence that Miller has continued to do criminal acts after February 2016, then provide the evidence. Otherwise, I can only assume you are making things up.

Whether Miller has committed more crimes after his conviction or not has never been a significant part of the conversation.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Whether Miller has committed more crimes after his conviction or not has never been a significant part of the conversation.
I agree. Personally I do not believe the spin doctors on how he has reformed. As has been pointed out. A few teams looked at what he said he did and to them things did not add up and they walked away.

He did two very bad things. Abused someone who was mentaly challanged and repeatedly used the N word.

What confuses me I see some articles saying the abuse happened over a few years. One to three years. But Millers camp is suggesting it only happened over a few months when he was 14.

One side is clearly lying. But who?

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
I love how the "burn Miller at the stake" crowd goes on and on about him "blowing 2nd/3rd/4th chances", which is a bunch of BS. If you can provide evidence that Miller has continued to do criminal acts after February 2016, I would love to hear it.
Who, exactly, is demanding he be "burned at the stake?" Just because someone isn't gifted the opportunity to play in the NHL doesn't mean he can't have a second chance in life.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

Mitchel Miller's African American Friend Comes To His Defence

"I am an African/American student who went to middle school with Mitchell Miller in 8th grade. I'm not here to defend bullying or racism or any of that. What happened was unacceptable. I know Mitchell has tried to make this right so many times. He is not the same person he used to be in 8th grade.

I don't think someone's life should be determined by something that happened at 14. Mitchell did everything that the courts have told him to do and has done his time. He has made a real effort to change as well, he invites me to golf with him and to skate every summer. He checks up on me and we talk. He is sincerely remorseful for what happened.

I do find it embarrassing that Joni Meyer-Crothers claims to be a Christian but refuses to forgive Mitchell. Mitchell wants to make this right and move on but time after time she refuses to let that happen. When does this end? When can he live his life again? A private apology, a meeting with the family? What is it going to take? Mitchell has apologized many times to Joni and her family and she refuses to accept it. What does she really want out of this is my personal question now.

source:

https://www.hockeypatrol.com/Mitchel-Millers-African-American-Friend-Comes-To-His-Defence-177010

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011

"I am an African/American student who went to middle school with Mitchell Miller in 8th grade. I'm not here to defend bullying or racism or any of that. What happened was unacceptable. I know Mitchell has tried to make this right so many times. He is not the same person he used to be in 8th grade.

I don't think someone's life should be determined by something that happened at 14. Mitchell did everything that the courts have told him to do and has done his time. He has made a real effort to change as well, he invites me to golf with him and to skate every summer. He checks up on me and we talk. He is sincerely remorseful for what happened.

I do find it embarrassing that Joni Meyer-Crothers claims to be a Christian but refuses to forgive Mitchell. Mitchell wants to make this right and move on but time after time she refuses to let that happen. When does this end? When can he live his life again? A private apology, a meeting with the family? What is it going to take? Mitchell has apologized many times to Joni and her family and she refuses to accept it. What does she really want out of this is my personal question now.

source:

https://www.hockeypatrol.com/Mitchel-Millers-African-American-Friend-Comes-To-His-Defence-177010
Well, if a friend of the bully, who was in no way involved with the situation, has decided that Miller should be forgiven, then the victim's mother is clearly in the wrong for not being ready to forgive him for tormenting her son. :help:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Well, if a friend of the bully, who was in no way involved with the situation, has decided that Miller should be forgiven, then the victim's mother is clearly in the wrong for not being ready to forgive him for tormenting her son. :help:
Yeah. A friend comes to his defense. Still not answer my questions to clarify the situation. And that friend then questions whether or not they are real Christians? Was this on of Millers friends who also taunted the kid? I have done more reading and Miller got his friends in on the act.

archangel2

May 19, 2019

source:

How has he tried to make it right several times under his own free will? I have now looked into this deeper. The only times I have found he has tried to make it "right" was under court order and when his agent got involved.

There is a clear disconnect in this story between the sides. Also. Read outloud the screen grab of what you posted. If you can fins an interview with that friend can you post it? The tone of the statement is interesting. Also can you post all the times he has tried to make it right under his own free will and not when the attempts could be viewed as self serving or are done with an ultier motive.

archangel2

May 19, 2019

source:

Just so we can all get on the same page.

Can you post a list of everything Miller did?
And a second list of everything he to make it right? Nothing he did under court order counts as trying to make it right as he was ordered to do it.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Yeah. A friend comes to his defense. Still not answer my questions to clarify the situation. And that friend then questions whether or not they are real Christians? Was this on of Millers friends who also taunted the kid? I have done more reading and Miller got his friends in on the act.
There are no real winners in this story.

Having said that, the more I learn about the Meyer-Crothers family, the less sympathetic I am to them. For starters, it turns out that they boy in question has ADHD. That is his "developmental disorder." The family was milking it like he was mentally handicapped. It's one thing to not forgive someone. It happens all the time, where kids do not forgive their childhood bullies. It's quite another thing to be vindictive about it, and run to the media nearly a decade after the bullying has ended, (my guess is to try and ruin Miller's life), conveniently right after Miller was drafted by Arizona in 2020, and then again in Boston in 2022.

Forgiveness used to actually be a thing, but I guess social media has made holding a grudge the "in" thing to do..

archangel2

May 19, 2019
There are no real winners in this story.

Having said that, the more I learn about the Meyer-Crothers family, the less sympathetic I am to them. For starters, it turns out that they boy in question has ADHD. That is his "developmental disorder." The family was milking it like he was mentally handicapped. It's one thing to not forgive someone. It happens all the time, where kids do not forgive their childhood bullies. It's quite another thing to be vindictive about it, and run to the media nearly a decade after the bullying has ended, (my guess is to try and ruin Miller's life), conveniently right after Miller was drafted by Arizona in 2020, and then again in Boston in 2022.

Forgiveness used to actually be a thing, but I guess social media has made holding a grudge the "in" thing to do..
Can you list everything he did? And how long it lasted for?

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

source:

The most passive aggressive article I have read in some time.

"True christain'?

As a practicing christain I was taught to quote chapter and verse over making such an aggressive comment.

No matter how hard you try you will not make Miller the victim. Here is part of the problem. Reporters and teams looked into "how he served his community." And found what he said he did and they were able to prove what he actually did were not the same. Even the bruins admitted they did not do a proper investigation or due diligence into his claims of what he did.

Also, I see where you post 'he was 14' the incidents took place over I believe a 2 and half year period and when the kid reported them to the school, Miller had his friends join in calling him a rat and a fink and when the kid changed schools, Miller then told his friends ar that school what he did and guess what those kids did?

Not a fan of people who call themselves Miller friends

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Why are people dying to defend a guy who, at best, is bound to be a career AHL'er? Why do people feel the need to defend the honor/name of someone who wouldn't even likely know of their existance?

Also, 'Family is refusing the apology'... given what was done to this poor kid, they shouldn't be expected to; I wouldn't. f*** that guy, he did some heinous shit, he can rot.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Bob Probert smuggled coccaine across the border, went to jail, resumed his NHL career.

Craig Mactavish killed someone while drunk, went to prison and then resumed his NHL career,

Dany Heatley killed a teammate, pled guilty to vehicular homicide, and resumed his NHL career.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Bob Probert smuggled coccaine across the border, went to jail, resumed his NHL career.

Craig Mactavish killed someone while drunk, went to prison and then resumed his NHL career,

Dany Heatley killed a teammate, pled guilty to vehicular homicide, and resumed his NHL career.
And all 3 showed remorse and went above and beyond what the courts ordered.

Miller has done the bare min and that is the problem. Heat ly and Macts were one off things. Millers went on for at least two years

Bob only hurt himself

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Those players were also NHL'ers, and not of the replaceable kind, something Mitchell Miller isn't.

Also, the last of these incidents happened more than 15 years ago, and time travel isn't invented yet.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't really understand why people are trying to re-litigate this today? The kid totally messed up in the past, and Arizona made a bad mistake drafting him. Ok. Boston made a much worse mistake signing him later. Uh. Ok, they fixed that, probably fired/reprimanded some people.

And now Mitchell is in his true window for resurrecting his NHL career outlook.

He has a deal in Slovakia, he'll play there. If he is awesome he can get to the KHL. Then if he is awesome he can get back to the NHL. Nobody even needs to know his state of mind or how apologetic or remorseful he was about any of the prior stuff. He can still push his way back into the NHL conversation, he just has to actually be a good enough player. It might be nice if his character mattered more, but... it probably doesn't, alas. :( It was bad enough that it got him into this situation where his road ahead is "less traveled"... but.... he still totally has a path. Up to him as a player now. :dunno:

• Haha

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
I am still waiting for @Jets4Life to give the list of all the things he did to prove he has learned his lesson. And just posting what he said he did is not evidence and that is the problem.
I'm still waiting for @Jets4Life to tell me who, exactly, is demanding for Miller to be "burned at the stake." This user keeps demanding proof of that of all that Miller has "done wrong'' since being proven guilty in a court of law of these awful charges, instead of giving concrete evidence that he is truly remorseful beyond the fact that this has hurt his potential career/earnings. So many people are not interested in facts, just concerned with this this fake "cancel culture." It is so much easier and more convenient to blame the majority of people for being "too sensitive" or straight out "cancelling" someone than to hold a person accountable for their own actions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad