Value of: Boston - Krecji / Backes / Krug

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Considering the past Bruin trades of Seguin and Thornton for pretty much garbage, don't expect Sweeney to get 'bent over 'again
even though he's not to blame for the JT trade

Past Bruins trades with past Bruins GM’s it was Harry sinden who traded Joe Thornton, it was PC who traded Seguin. As for Hamilton he wanted out of Boston, the Bruins offered his a contract similar to what he signed in Calgary.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The undervaluing of Krug is insane here. He outscored PK Subban and Drew Doughty last year despite a terrible start. His pace was 0.09 ppg behind Karlsson.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
The undervaluing of Krug is insane here. He outscored PK Subban and Drew Doughty last year despite a terrible start. His pace was 0.09 ppg behind Karlsson.

I am a big Krug fan, I've been calling him top pairing for a while...but if you are going to compare him to the likes of Subban, Doughty and Karlsson, get ready for some backlash. He is comparable in points, and he had a good year, but those guys have done it every year of their careers, and usually on worse teams.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I am a big Krug fan, I've been calling him top pairing for a while...but if you are going to compare him to the likes of Subban, Doughty and Karlsson, get ready for some backlash. He is comparable in points, and he had a good year, but those guys have done it every year of their careers, and usually on worse teams.

I'm not saying he's worth what those guys are worth but he's worth a lot more than what most here are offering. And TBH, I'd much rather have Krug at $5.25m than Karlsson at $11m.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bowser is a non proven asset meanwhile Krug is proven.
It would bej a fair trade if Boston added a mid round pick per say.

250px-Bowser_-_Mario_Party_10.png

Canucks would be nuts to give up this animal. Bruins would be instant Cup Favorites.

Reactions: Bergyesque

Chip off the Rohloff

Jul 4, 2018
I can get some of the apprehension on Krug's defensive play but he is still a borderline #4 defensively speaking and not including his offensive production.

For me, any deal involving Krug has to involve either a top-six right winger or a young #2/3 center with long-term top-six potential coming back to Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad