Proposal: Boston/Edmonton {neely was home sick and chiarelli is desperate}

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I do think Boston needs a 'younger' second line center with cost certainity… someone that could likely play with pastrnak and give the bruins some much needed depth scoring for playoff success.

I also think Boston has the dman of the future to pair with McAvoy in the form of Urho Vaakanainen. If they could find a big body guy with shutdown defensive potential and doesn't hurt to have a good pp shot for second pair pp duty... I think it could help

Edmonton meanwhile is using ryan nugent Hopkins out of position at lw and it might work... but is he the scorer that McDavid could use? or the power skating charge the net guy? and Oscar klefbom is good but they also have darnell nurse and adam larson. is it too much of the same thing?

so im going to propose

to boston
nugent Hopkins
klefbom

and to Edmonton
jake debrusk
torey krug
and I will throw in a conditional second round pick in 2021 if krug doesn't resign

Edmonton gets immediate cap relief for a couple years which should help them some and get what I feel are better players to help McDavid succeed and get this club to the playoffs

boston gets the center they need to make krejci expendable... it becomes a cap saving for boston after krejci is dealt. klefbom is better paid than krug to be a second pair dman. debrusk is somewhat expendable thanks to bostons deep deep deep depth at lw. marchand/Heinen/donato/Bjork/cehlarik are plenty of capable depth even after debrusk is dealt.

what I really like for my bruins though is how the defense shapes up

McAvoy/vaakanainen {after chara retires}
Carlo/Klefbom
Miller/Moore
Grzelyck

I think krug is one of the top 5 pp qbs in nhl and im sure his point total would skyrocket playing in Edmonton with McDavid and draisaitl but I think this deal is good for my bruins. it wont happen due to personal diffences between the management people but its a deal that I would wish would happen

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oilers value C over W. Debrusk is nice, but Nugent-Hopkins is more complete. Getting older on D is also a no go, despite Klefbom's struggles as of late. We're bad trade partners.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
That would cost Bruins Macavoy and Debrusk

well... oilers could put that value on... obviously that's completely ridiculous. I sure as hell hope you weren't suggesting its a fair trade because then you would be equally ridiculous

but yeah... Edmonton might ask for that... there is bad blood between the management and chiareilli might just want to be ridiculous

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If Krug was extended at around 6m aav then I'd do it.

RNH and Debrusk to me is a wash. Nuge is more proven to us, can play center, better 2 way game. But Debrusk is younger/high potential, and on an elc.

Krug and Klefbom is a bit of a wash to me too. But I value the offensive elite-ness Krug brings so I value him a msidge more.

Again, I think I do it if Krug is extended at a reasonable cap hit.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is that why RNH plays wing?
No, he plays wing because we have three top six centers on our roster and Leon Draisaitl is the stronger offensive catalyst. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the stronger two way player, which is a nice compliment for #97.

Centers are unique because they can generally cover wing without much of a problem since there are fewer responsibilities.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
No, he plays wing because we have three top six centers on our roster and Leon Draisaitl is the stronger offensive catalyst. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the stronger two way player, which is a nice compliment for #97.

Centers are unique because they can generally cover wing without much of a problem since there are fewer responsibilities.

if you weren't arguing for the sake of arguing... youd realize

McDavid will play 1 center spot... that's not in question

oilers obviously want a big body for their second center spot... hence why draisaitl is at center

McDavid and draisailt make 20 million between them... this is a cap problem. it prevents the team from affording a winger to play with these 2 guys.

so... they take their 6 mill guy and stick him at wing... because a winger is more important than a 3rd line center making 6 mill

finding wingers for the oilers and 'affording to pay them' will become an issue if they continue to pay their 3rd line center 6 mill

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
if you weren't arguing for the sake of arguing... youd realize

McDavid will play 1 center spot... that's not in question

oilers obviously want a big body for their second center spot... hence why draisaitl is at center

McDavid and draisailt make 20 million between them... this is a cap problem. it prevents the team from affording a winger to play with these 2 guys.

so... they take their 6 mill guy and stick him at wing... because a winger is more important than a 3rd line center making 6 mill

finding wingers for the oilers and 'affording to pay them' will become an issue if they continue to pay their 3rd line center 6 mill

So where are the Bruins playing RNH?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

in the short term id go with

pastrnak/Bergeron/marchand
krejci/Hopkins/donato
Bjork/backes/Heinen

gives donato 2 fairly strong defensive set up men and hopefully he develops enough to be a strong top 6 guy like we are all hoping

looking ahead to next year... I feel we will have to trade 1 of krejci or backes to afford the raises for McAvoy/carlo at that point we hope that another of the ahl forwards will step up {studnicka/federic/forsbaska} to take over the 3rd line center spot... and perhaps backes joins Hopkins/donato to help give them more size/forecheck/defense? or maybe we keep krejci if that's how the cap works

then looking ahead 2 years we might be graduating a second one of these guys and dealing the remaining big contract Krecji or backes… and I guess we cant count out senyshyn being a factor by then either.

in whatever way you look at it though... having a young more affordable... and more offensively talented second line center wont hurt us

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im guessing you might be talking about if Edmonton cant afford him... how could boston?

I might mention krejci/Bergeron cost moston 14 mill as opposed to the 20 mill Edmonton is paying their top 2 guys

boston can pay a 3rd center 6 mill and still be paying less than Edmonton pays for their top 2

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
if you weren't arguing for the sake of arguing...
Seriously?

What I said there is pretty straight-forward and was in no way argumentative. Your response on the other-hand...

The team values centers more than it values the wing. When it comes to salary commitment, there are other contracts that will eventually be moved well before RNH's is considered to improve the roster depth. For what RNH is going to produce this season, $6m is likely going to be a steal.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad