Proposal: Boston/Edmonton {neely was home sick and chiarelli is desperate}

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
honestly I find when both sides complain that the deal isn't fair... it usually means the deal is quite balanced for value

posters might still argue that either team wouldn't make this trade for other reasons. I personally feel the 2 management teams hate each other and aren't going to deal

but all in all I feel good when I get value right according to the masses here... so thanks everyone for responding. I don't have much else to say. I think ill go to bed and wait for the game tomorrow

time for marchand to outduel McDavid head to head

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Can't believe you missed out on the "Chia trades another 1st overall away" joke here. Thread tarnished !

Not only that, he also tr ades the best player on our team who actually went through the farm system to become an effective(Ish) player.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Klefbom has had a great start to the year and so has the Nuge. Not moving any of them right now.
You can have Boston boy Benning if you’d like

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
DeBrusk > RNH going forward
Krug > Klefbom

Boston hangs up the phone laughing.
Exactly lol why on earth would boston do this? Why do they want to get rid of krejci he is a better center than RNH to begin with. What a terrible concept for a proposal. Krug is a way better player than Klefbom...

Reactions: bbfan419

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
honestly I find when both sides complain that the deal isn't fair... it usually means the deal is quite balanced for value

posters might still argue that either team wouldn't make this trade for other reasons. I personally feel the 2 management teams hate each other and aren't going to deal

but all in all I feel good when I get value right according to the masses here... so thanks everyone for responding. I don't have much else to say. I think ill go to bed and wait for the game tomorrow

time for marchand to outduel McDavid head to head

I personally would much rather have the Bruins package that they’re giving. Maybe after this year though it could be completely different. I absolutely love the way Debrusk plays. I also think Krug is a bit better of a point producer than Klefbom. That being said, Nuge is a pretty solid player, and if Klefbom has a year like he did two years ago it may tip the pendulum towards favoring the Bruins.

As for both sides complaining about value it’s not necessarily always true. Apt of fans don’t have a good gauge of certain players on other teams. A lot of players fly under the radar based upon what they bring to the table as opposed to stats which a lot of posters tend to rely upon (aside from the analytics geniuses who tend to believe that all shots are good shots no matter how poor the shot selection is).

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I love Nuge, but no way is he our 2nd best player.

Right now he is. Through the games we've played so far I see him as having pitched in the most after McDavid.
Drai looked so bad in Sweden. If I didn't know better I'd think he actually hated playing hockey during the first 2 periods.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Kinda fair deal tbh, DeBrusk>RNH and Klef>Krug. Oilers might have to add though, DeBrusk has potential.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Curious as to why so many are saying Debrusk>Nuge. Nuge is 3 years older but is on his eight NHL season. Debrusk is on his second. Nuge has been more productive at every level as well, while being the better defensive player. Krug and Klef is more or less a wash IMO. Krug is better offensively and Klef defensively.

Reactions: ujju2

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
DeBrusk moving forward will be a better player in my opinion.

Problem is value are not base on opinions . Also I say it often but value is subjective at best . Why would Edmonton value a soon to be UFA over a defence man who is signed longterm at a good cap hit ? DeBrusk will be looking for a new deal soon enough so we will have to see what he gets and what he becomes before saying he has more value then RNH .

The players I would look to move if I am Chia would be
1) Benning ... zero value , someone please take him
2) Kassian .... Can be a very good player . Seems to slack off after signing new deal .
3) Strome ..... While he was good in his role the last part of last season I rather a more prototype 3rd C

4) Draisaitl .... Now other Oiler fans will eat me alive for this . But if we could package him for the right piece and move RNH back to 2nd C we would be better off . Adding something like Kreider , Shattenkirk + young winger with speed for McDavid could do wonders for the team . Problem do we trust Chia enough with a big trade .

XXX McDavid XXX one of the XXX coming from trade
Kreider RNH Puljujarvi

D

Klefbom/Nurse Shattenkirk finally offensive from the back end
NurseKlefbom Larsson shut down pairing
Russell Bouchard . Shelter lite duties

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I do think Boston needs a 'younger' second line center with cost certainity… someone that could likely play with pastrnak and give the bruins some much needed depth scoring for playoff success.

I also think Boston has the dman of the future to pair with McAvoy in the form of Urho Vaakanainen. If they could find a big body guy with shutdown defensive potential and doesn't hurt to have a good pp shot for second pair pp duty... I think it could help

Edmonton meanwhile is using ryan nugent Hopkins out of position at lw and it might work... but is he the scorer that McDavid could use? or the power skating charge the net guy? and Oscar klefbom is good but they also have darnell nurse and adam larson. is it too much of the same thing?

so im going to propose

to boston
nugent Hopkins
klefbom

and to Edmonton
jake debrusk
torey krug
and I will throw in a conditional second round pick in 2021 if krug doesn't resign

Edmonton gets immediate cap relief for a couple years which should help them some and get what I feel are better players to help McDavid succeed and get this club to the playoffs

boston gets the center they need to make krejci expendable... it becomes a cap saving for boston after krejci is dealt. klefbom is better paid than krug to be a second pair dman. debrusk is somewhat expendable thanks to bostons deep deep deep depth at lw. marchand/Heinen/donato/Bjork/cehlarik are plenty of capable depth even after debrusk is dealt.

what I really like for my bruins though is how the defense shapes up

McAvoy/vaakanainen {after chara retires}
Carlo/Klefbom
Miller/Moore
Grzelyck

I think krug is one of the top 5 pp qbs in nhl and im sure his point total would skyrocket playing in Edmonton with McDavid and draisaitl but I think this deal is good for my bruins. it wont happen due to personal diffences between the management people but its a deal that I would wish would happen

That's pretty bad for the Oilers IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad