Proposal: Boston/Edmonton {neely was home sick and chiarelli is desperate}

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
[EDITED] There is no way I am trading DeBrusk and if the Bruins deal Krug I want someone better than RNH coming back, only reason he is putting any sort of points now is McDavid, on his way he is average at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
[EDITED]

RNH is being underrated if anybody thinks DeBrusk is more valuable. Good player, but Nuge is producing very well and it’s hard to ignore his ability to shift back to C if there is an injury. DeBrusk has potential and decent stats so far, but has never been an elite scorer at any level to suggest he will surpass what Nuge has already done.

Klefbom versus Krug is a toss-up. Different styles, so hard to compare but given age and contract, I’d lean ever so slightly to Klef. Klefboms shoulder is the only thing that gives me pause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ujju2 and 780il

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Lots of Bruins homers out today.

RNH is being underrated if anybody thinks DeBrusk is more valuable. Good player, but Nuge is producing very well and it’s hard to ignore his ability to shift back to C if there is an injury. DeBrusk has potential and decent stats so far, but has never been an elite scorer at any level to suggest he will surpass what Nuge has already done.

Klefbom versus Krug is a toss-up. Different styles, so hard to compare but given age and contract, I’d lean ever so slightly to Klef. Klefboms shoulder is the only thing that gives me pause.

I think Krug over Klef is a no brainer, but I agree that RNH over Debrusk is also a no brainer. We don't know if Debrusk is more than a 40 point player at this point. Could easily top out as a third line grinder.

Reactions: ujju2

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
I do think Boston needs a 'younger' second line center with cost certainity… someone that could likely play with pastrnak and give the bruins some much needed depth scoring for playoff success.

I also think Boston has the dman of the future to pair with McAvoy in the form of Urho Vaakanainen. If they could find a big body guy with shutdown defensive potential and doesn't hurt to have a good pp shot for second pair pp duty... I think it could help

Edmonton meanwhile is using ryan nugent Hopkins out of position at lw and it might work... but is he the scorer that McDavid could use? or the power skating charge the net guy? and Oscar klefbom is good but they also have darnell nurse and adam larson. is it too much of the same thing?

so im going to propose

to boston
nugent Hopkins
klefbom

and to Edmonton
jake debrusk
torey krug
and I will throw in a conditional second round pick in 2021 if krug doesn't resign

Edmonton gets immediate cap relief for a couple years which should help them some and get what I feel are better players to help McDavid succeed and get this club to the playoffs

boston gets the center they need to make krejci expendable... it becomes a cap saving for boston after krejci is dealt. klefbom is better paid than krug to be a second pair dman. debrusk is somewhat expendable thanks to bostons deep deep deep depth at lw. marchand/Heinen/donato/Bjork/cehlarik are plenty of capable depth even after debrusk is dealt.

what I really like for my bruins though is how the defense shapes up

McAvoy/vaakanainen {after chara retires}
Carlo/Klefbom
Miller/Moore
Grzelyck

I think krug is one of the top 5 pp qbs in nhl and im sure his point total would skyrocket playing in Edmonton with McDavid and draisaitl but I think this deal is good for my bruins. it wont happen due to personal diffences between the management people but its a deal that I would wish would happen

And I thought my Bruins / Oilers trade proposal was bad.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned that Krug is out with an injured ankle. It’s the same ankle he broke in the playoffs last season. I’m not saying he won’t come back at 100%. But currently he’s not even skating. He’s damaged goods, until he’s not. I don’t see any team making a move for him right now.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
well... the oiler fans here are all saying they are getting robbed. maybe you are a homer?

I like to be fair and take pride in being fair. no apologies

as for being a bruin fan... watched 90% of the games since 1983 when I got my first satalite dish... devoted at least a dozen hours of my life week in and week out {yes including summer time} to following the bruins/thinking about the bruins... for the past 40+ years...

in hockey season I spend a lot closer to 20 hours chatting about bruins... going through websites about the bruins...

spent about 6000 dollars on bruin crap over the years... would have tickets to the team if I lived in boston bit ive been in alberta all my life.

yeah... I doubt im a fan lol
but thanks for trying

I found your post incredibly ignorant by the way... shame on you for having the guts to post it
You can rip on me all you want and I have been a Bruins fan even longer than you have, but I was stating what I thought was accurate that I disagree with a lot of the proposals. Sure I agree trades need to be fair, unless it is Chia we are talking about, but I don't agree with being robbed either.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
You can rip on me all you want and I have been a Bruins fan even longer than you have, but I was stating what I thought was accurate that I disagree with a lot of the proposals. Sure I agree trades need to be fair, unless it is Chia we are talking about, but I don't agree with being robbed either.
Hopefully you were watching last night and got a better look at RNH and Klefbom. The robbery wouldnt be occurring on the side you think it is.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hopefully you were watching last night and got a better look at RNH and Klefbom. The robbery wouldnt be occurring on the side you think it is.
Klefbom is not bad, I would take him at the right price, but not sold on RNH sure he looks great with McDavid the best player in the world, but when he was a C on his own he was ok at times, but not someone I would really want especially at $6M per year, unless you take Backes as part of the deal then I would seriously think about it.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Klefbom is not bad, I would take him at the right price, but not sold on RNH sure he looks great with McDavid the best player in the world, but when he was a C on his own he was ok at times, but not someone I would really want especially at $6M per year, unless you take Backes as part of the deal then I would seriously think about it.
The Oilers wouldnt. While we are discussing Backes, he is the biggest POS spot picker in the entire league. He’s all yours.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Curious as to why so many are saying Debrusk>Nuge. Nuge is 3 years older but is on his eight NHL season. Debrusk is on his second. Nuge has been more productive at every level as well, while being the better defensive player. Krug and Klef is more or less a wash IMO. Krug is better offensively and Klef defensively.

I really like Debrusk's game, but he needs another season to back it up - especially if he's going to be part of a deal like this. Besides, the Bruins probably want to hold onto him.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I really like Debrusk's game, but he needs another season to back it up - especially if he's going to be part of a deal like this. Besides, the Bruins probably want to hold onto him.

Debrusk is basically the only forward not on the 1st line that is producing, so we'd like to hold onto him yes.

Reactions: BHD

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

From 2014-2017 Nuge seemed to be so concerned about the defensive side of the game that his offensive creativity pretty much disappeared. It surfaced again in the World Cup then disappeared again once the regular season started. Going into last season McLellan challenged him to play more offensively and he responded. Before he got hurt he was on pace for 30 goals and a little over 60 points playing with guys like Lucic and getting second pp time but almost never playing with McDavid in any situation. Up until his injury only 2 of his points involved McDavid. In the 13 games he played with McDavid he had 7 goals and 16 points. So far this year he has 2 goals and 7 points in 5 games. So in 18 games with McDavid his numbers are 7 goals and 23 points. (That is a 41 goal 104 point pace over a little under 1/4 of a full season) And while it is easy to say that that anyone could put up points at that rate with McDavid, that has not been the case at all. Moreover, it is not all about the points. He complements McDavid very well. His two way game has been very good and he has even played with some bite. Plau he gives the Oilers center depth in case of an injury to McDavid or Leon.

Since coming into the NHL he is 35 in centers with 150+ games played in ppg. If you look at the guys ahead of him on that list only a couple make less and all but Erik Stall are all on ELC's. There is no chance the Oilers would deal Nuge straight up fro Debrusk. At no point in his development has Debrusk been as good as Nuge at the same stage and he is not nearly as good right now. AndNuge is only three years older than Debrusk so its not like he is on the downside of his peak. Moreover, my guess is that he will be very easy to resign.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
living in Edmonton market I have more insight into oiler players than most my fellow bruin fans. I know Hopkins has looked very good at moments. he has been undersized for playing defense and has gotten himself hurt a few times just as his game was getting going

but there has been times that he looks good... I remember stauffer telling us all that they cant give the C to Hall, because Hopkins was going to be the better kid. And then another injury slowed Hopkins down

rookie year he was 52 pounts in 62 games before wrecking his shoulder so for an 18 year old... clearly a very healthy rookie season for points

lost half his season to injuries as a 19 year old

in 2013-14 he got promoted to top center... started getting over 20 mins a game... stayed healthy but he was now told he was going against the other teams top lines... so the focus on defense started. was basically a 55 point guy for 3 seasons and then along came McDavid

trust me oilers don't have enough depth to give the second line center any quality linemates. Hopkins had the 1 bad year where his icetime was held back under 18 mins

and then last year he rebounded quite nicely with 24 goals in just 62 games {injuries became a concern again}

Hopkins is looking like a 30 goal potential and has already shown the ability to be a 35 assist guy with decent linemates… all that hard work on defense has made him above average. at 25 he has gotten his grown up man strength and isn't as vulnerable to being pushed around like a kid anymore. if he got to be bergerons teammate for awhile he should only improve.

my fellow bruin fans that are critizing my proposal are far more farmilar with the homegrown talent. I admit im offering Edmonton a very talented package. im not trying to rip anyone off here. but if we were able to land Hopkins/klefbom it would be worth it.

sadly the trade cant happen because of bad blood between neely/Chiarelli but its a good trade that addresses needs for both teams and would help both teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad