The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
To Edmonton:
Jeremy Swayman (.925m x 2, RFA)

Edmonton gives: Xavier Bourgault, William Lagesson

SALARY IN: .925k
SALARY OUT: .725k

Justification: Edmonton's main motivation here is to add Swayman as their starter for the foreseeable future. Bourgault is the key piece. Edmonton saves more cap space than indicated - the actual cap space savings would approx 1.5m if/when they send down Koskinen.

To Boston:
Kevin Fiala (5.1m, RFA)
William Lagesson (.75m x 1, RFA)
Andrew Hammond (.75m x 1)

Boston gives: Jeremy Swayman, Jake Debrusk, Moore, 2022 2nd

SALARY IN: 5.1m
SALARY OUT: 6.5m

Justification: Boston loads up on the wing, upgrading Debrusk to Fiala. Boston gets Lagesson and Hammond as depth and parlays Swayman into immediate help (plus Fiala is an RFA at expiry)

To Minnesota:
Xavier Bourgault
Jake Debrusk (3.75m x 1, RFA)
John Moore (2.75m x 2)
Boston 2nd 2022

Minnesota gives: Kevin Fiala, Andrew Hammond

SALARY IN: 6.5m
SALARY OUT: 5.1m

Justification: Minnesota parlays Fiala into value, bringing in two good future pieces and two guys who can contribute currently and help them challenge for the playoffs. Debrusk allows them to roll the dice on a talented but struggling young player.

Fan of none of the teams. Kill me in the replies!

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Rask contract has like 3 months left on it, there's no need to "get out of it". You're also "parlaying" it into a shitty Barrie contract that we don't need, and a shitty Debrusk situation we don't need. Bourgault is a fine start, replace the rest of it with a 1st.

And this deal doesn't happen in season because Minnesota needs Fiala.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Even if you think DeBrusk has zero value, Bruins don't give up Swayman + 2nd for Fiala to be stuck behind Marchand and Hall at LW.

Bruins are going to be more interested in spending their resources on a C or a D.

Reactions: Bruhin and Skelen

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The Rask contract has like 3 months left on it, there's no need to "get out of it". You're also "parlaying" it into a shitty Barrie contract that we don't need, and a shitty Debrusk situation we don't need. Bourgault is a fine start, replace the rest of it with a 1st.

And this deal doesn't happen in season because Minnesota needs Fiala.

I edited the deal. Doesn't address all your concerns but simplified it. I originally had a 1st from Boston but Debrusk and Swayman are difficult to value so I struggled over whether it should be a 1st or 2nd. I definitely also considered that Fiala might just not get dealt until the summer.

Even if you think DeBrusk has zero value, Bruins don't give up Swayman + 2nd for Fiala to be stuck behind Marchand and Hall at LW.

Bruins are going to be more interested in spending their resources on a C or a D.

Fair, my understanding was that Fiala was quite comfortable on the right side. I valued Debrusk at around a 3rd, which I think is fair.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If Swayman is going out, a prospect at least as good as Dylan Holloway is coming in.

My assumption was that Boston would be looking for a player who can contribute this season if they were to deal Swayman. I can understand why Bruins fans would be torn on that issue.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
This is ass for Boston

I can get wanting to use your assets elsewhere but Fiala is a 25yr old 60+ point RFA. How do you value Debrusk, Swayman and Moore? I valued Swayman + Moore similarly to Lehner + Legwand in 2015 (21st OV) and Debrusk at a 3rd.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Minnesota say no easily! They aren't trading fiala till the offseason! Fiala is. Cheaper, dynamic and will not be traded with Minnesota being a contender. Under no circumstances is Minnesota taking on Jake! Fiala will easily bring back a 1st and top prospect in offseason. Minnesota isn't taking on john moore either!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Why are the Bruins giving up DeBrusk, a 2nd and Swayman for a 3rd line LW?

Ignoring that, the difference between DeBrusk and Fiala is not a 2nd + Swayman

I can get wanting to use your assets elsewhere but Fiala is a 25yr old 60+ point RFA. How do you value Debrusk, Swayman and Moore? I valued Swayman + Moore similarly to Lehner + Legwand in 2015 (21st OV) and Debrusk at a 3rd.

cool, doesnt matter since he'd be the 3rd line LW in Boston behind Marchand and Hall. In Boston, his value is a 3rd liner

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

cool, doesnt matter since he'd be the 3rd line LW in Boston behind Marchand and Hall. In Boston, his value is a 3rd liner

Minnesota is getting nothing from this! Fiala isn't getting traded during the season! They aren't taking on contract of Jake or john.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Fiala plays right wing

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I agree that it doesn't make much sense to add a player if you are planning to play them in a different position than the one they have had most of their success at... as noted, Fiala is a RW.

Fiala plays right wing
Yeah, that's what I thought. I know Bs need a 2C but they need a 2RW too.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Really curious where the Lehner/Legwand comparison is coming from, I imagine Swayman is valued a good bit higher than that league wide.

I also don't think its likely Moore is moved right now, he got another concussion during the habs game and is likely out for a while.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

For value, I don't think you're far off with Debrusk fetching a 3rd.

Moving Swayman isn't anything I'm interested in.

Fiala is a fine player, but has never scored 60 points in a season.

Literally the only thing Boston gains here is ridding themselves of a year of John Moore's contract, which isn't all that expensive to begin with. And they lose Swayman and a pick. I'll consider Fiala and Debrusk a wash because they wouldn't keep either one of them beyond this season anyway.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
For value, I don't think you're far off with Debrusk fetching a 3rd.

Moving Swayman isn't anything I'm interested in.

Fiala is a fine player, but has never scored 60 points in a season.

Literally the only thing Boston gains here is ridding themselves of a year of John Moore's contract, which isn't all that expensive to begin with. And they lose Swayman and a pick. I'll consider Fiala and Debrusk a wash because they wouldn't keep either one of them beyond this season anyway.

Fiala and Jake aren't a wash! Minnesota could trade fiala and get a 1st with top c prospect! Jake doesn't have any value! Also fiala has taken off since being paired with boldy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t mind targeting Swayman, but IMO he’s too young in his career for me to justify paying that kind of price for. He’d get nowhere near the kind of defensive support he does in Boston.

doesnt it just make more sense for the Bruins to hide him on the taxi squad anyway? Rask is coming in old and cold, trading Swayman now doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense for them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad