GDT: Boston Bruins v New Jersey Devils - 4/4/13 - 7P ET - NHLN, NESN+, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
I like what I see of Seguin. Very physical, looks like a different player. He's getting kicked out of the faceoff circle a bit too much but he has a lot to learn when it comes to winning faceoffs.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
3lhWEjj.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm glad the Iginla trade didn't work out now...I like Jagr better, and I'm starting to like this Bartkowski kid.

I absolutely agree.

He actually seems like he might prove to be a keeper, and I honestly think while Iginla plays a lot like a Bruin (and I think would have been great here), Jagr I think may be the better piece for what the Bruins need.

Bart is coming into his own. I wonder if those who declared him on par with the college kids the Pens gave Calgary have even bothered to look at his game.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I'm impressed by Bartkowski right now.. He let the puck sit there in front of Rask so he could cover it knowing that he had some time and then stood his ground in front of Tuukka like a linebacker to give him time to cover it up.

I think a LOT of other guys would have panicked to try and get the puck outta there which probably would have resulted in a lot more zone time for the Devils. Really good decision. Anyone else notice this?

The Seguin line isn't quite "there" yet despite that goal but I am really liking what I'm seeing out of Seguin. Someone else mentioned it.. he's playing a LOT more physical. You can tell he's trying to emulate Bergy :) He's got a little ways to go.

Liking the Krejci line tonight. Working hard.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
I'm impressed by Bartkowski right now.. He let the puck sit there in front of Rask so he could cover it knowing that he had some time and then stood his ground in front of Tuukka like a linebacker to give him time to cover it up.
I noticed that too. I thought it was brilliant.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
The whole team looks out of sorts.

We are getting cleaned OUT at the dot.

Jagr takes long shifts.

I agree on Bartkowski. He looks like he is getting comfortable and may be a keeper. Losing out on Iginla might work out for the best in the long run. Jagr is just as good a player and we gave up a bag of pucks for the guy.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Glad the trade didn't go through for Iggy before. I didn't really want to give up Khokhlachev, but thought it might be a necessary evil. However hindsight is 20/20, and I'm glad we didn't as I really like Khokhlachev. Considering what we paid for Jagr, I think it's an OK trade off. We still keep Khokhlachev and Bartkowski has been solid thus far.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I think a LOT of other guys would have panicked to try and get the puck outta there which probably would have resulted in a lot more zone time for the Devils. Really good decision. Anyone else notice this?

The Seguin line isn't quite "there" yet despite that goal but I am really liking what I'm seeing out of Seguin. Someone else mentioned it.. he's playing a LOT more physical. You can tell he's trying to emulate Bergy :) He's got a little ways to go.

Liking the Krejci line tonight. Working hard.

Yes, Bart looked like a seasoned vet on that play, and took a good hit from Carter to allow Rask to cover the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad