GDT: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00pm October 19th. PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Marincin was right to react after Andy was hit. It's the refs that are 100% in the wrong. By giving coincidental minors they've basically said that Boston (or any of our opponents really) can run over our goalie with impudence and won't face any consequences if we decide to react and stick up for our teammate. They're basically telling us that any abuse we take we just have to take it, otherwise our powerplay will be negated. ****ing zebras are trying to neuter us when this team barely does anything physical to begin with.

Except chara can head long players at the end of every shift and go unpunished. Backes dropped his gloves and started to struggle because he wanted to square up and fight. Marincin merely grappled him to the ground to avoid the fight but initially deadlocked him to pull him away from Andersens space.

Ref should've called coincidental roughing minors and the interference call. If he wanted to call the roughing so bad.

That was a terrible terrible call by the refs

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Babcock has A reputation of not wanting his teams to take any penalties whatsoever ..
He always preaches against retaliation ...
We don’t have a tough team at all ..
We skate like the wind
We have all skill
Yet we seem to be penalized all the time and don’t draw them !
Weird

Reactions: Jojalu

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
One team looks like they're playing to win; the other team looks like they're skating around til the game is over. Pathetic.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Boston owner own Gary Betteman and it shows. Never seen such bias reffing. Not only the calls but the blatant interference they are allowed to run. rat face allowed to slew foot anyone. Chara allowed to mug anyone.

Just unreal

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yeah it's a penalty, but again, where's the call when Boston does it? Shameless amateur refs.
Problem isn't what is being called, it's what is not. The chara/Spezza slash earlier, interference all night, not going 4-2 on that Backed hit. Just bad game management by the refs.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Marincin was right to react after Andy was hit. It's the refs that are 100% in the wrong. By giving coincidental minors they've basically said that Boston (or any of our opponents really) can run over our goalie with impudence and won't face any consequences if we decide to react and stick up for our teammate. They're basically telling us that any abuse we take we just have to take it, otherwise our powerplay will be negated. ****ing zebras are trying to neuter us when this team barely does anything physical to begin with.

Marincin didn't even drop a glove.

Ooooo so scary!

If I'm a division rival, your damn right I'm gonna take liberties with Andy's head if I can. What's a better trade off? Andy goes down for 2 weeks and the Leafs sink in the standings? Or a pp goal against?

Gee.

Let me think!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Not a good period. If you play certain kind of hockey you can totally shut us off. That's because we got too many of similar players

Too many good skaters, not enough guys who play the heavy game.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I would bet $1000 that if a Bruin tackled a Leafs player after the Leaf ran the goalie, there would not be coincidental minors.
That's just "Bruins hockey" same as interference and the stick work. These are just "hard plays" for a team with their rep, but good luck if we try that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad