Prospect Info: Boston Bruins Sign Brady Lyle To Entry-Level Contract

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'm disappointed we gave him away. I get that he had a bad year, but I thought he looked great in camp, and RHD are rare.

If you needed a RHD roster spot, why not move out Lewington, Curran or Didier. I guess I'll just have to trust that the folks in Providence know him better and see a fatal flaw. (That STL doesn't.)

I wonder if the Gabriele move is all about Lohrei. Making sure he's comfortable, making sure he has a Carlo type partner to play with so he can transition to the NHL.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Looked like a gamer. There is still time for him. He has the build and is a late bloomer. Maybe a Boychuck type story is in his future if he keeps up the effort and self improvement.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I'm disappointed we gave him away. I get that he had a bad year, but I thought he looked great in camp, and RHD are rare.

If you needed a RHD roster spot, why not move out Lewington, Curran or Didier. I guess I'll just have to trust that the folks in Providence know him better and see a fatal flaw. (That STL doesn't.)

I wonder if the Gabriele move is all about Lohrei. Making sure he's comfortable, making sure he has a Carlo type partner to play with so he can transition to the NHL.
Hopefully future considerations ends up being something of value
While Lyle's development had kind of stalled a bit he wasn't terrible
He had been a healthy scratch lately, I have to wonder if he spouted off, that's the kiss of death down there and makes sense why they played AHL vets over a Boston Bruins prospect

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Hopefully future considerations ends up being something of value
While Lyle's development had kind of stalled a bit he wasn't terrible
He had been a healthy scratch lately, I have to wonder if he spouted off, that's the kiss of death down there and makes sense why they played AHL vets over a Boston Bruins prospect

That's the thing. Fans see a trade like this and assume Sweeney just blindly moves whomever to free up a roster spot. It very well could have been an issue with the player. So many factors at play over the course the season(s).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad