Boston Bruins: Most Hated NHL Team on Earth?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not "hate". Try "envy". Fits better.

:laugh:

True don, for as much concern, borderline panic as we read from fans here, any time I listen to the "experts" on TV, they still look at the B`s as one of this league`s elite teams and while other teams in the East have added some pieces here or there, does anyone see a team who made acquisitions that they honestly feel has shifted the balance of power in the East?? I don`t

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
The 3 other Boston teams are more hated outside of here than the Bruins are. We also have rivalries with some of the largest fanbases. Van/Toronto/Montreal combine for a large portion of Canadian fans. Toss in a little jealousy for being good along with glory hunter Pitt fans who aren't from PA and that will get you the numbers.

Outside of New York City, I'd say the Sox are pretty well liked other then maybe St. Louis. Red Sox basically dominate the whole East coast from Maine to Florida.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Not that I care, but Nevada?!?!

Like, what? Why? Maybe I didn't have enough coffee this morning and I forget what we ever did to freaking Nevada.

member 96824

Outside of New York City, I'd say the Sox are pretty well liked other then maybe St. Louis. Red Sox basically dominate the whole East coast from Maine to Florida.

The midwest/south is crazy about baseball, they don't mind the Red Sox as a whole(even St. Louis), but I don't know if I would say like.

They know two teams. The Cardinals, and the team the Cardinals are playing that night.:laugh:

Braves fans are quite the bunch as well, I would say "sox nation" doesn't carry into Georgia.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ironically yesterday when I was driving I was flipping through the radio (yeah old school, I wasn't on my phone) and on WAAF they were talking about the most hated american football team globally.
Patriots took home the number one most hated team in every continent but south america if I recall correctly. South america hates the cowboys.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The midwest/south is crazy about baseball, they don't mind the Red Sox as a whole(even St. Louis), but I don't know if I would say like.

They know two teams. The Cardinals, and the team the Cardinals are playing that night.:laugh:

Braves fans are quite the bunch as well, I would say "sox nation" doesn't carry into Georgia.

"Braves fans" is an oxymoron.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
:yo: EMBRACE THE HATE :yo:

bwomagazine.jpg

:yo: BRU WORLD ORDAH :yo:

77bestever*

This is such crap. More BS hype for us and our players to fall sucker to.....We won a grand total of 1 Stanley Cup in 42 years. We need to get over ourselves...

Especially the players.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not that I care, but Nevada?!?!

Like, what? Why? Maybe I didn't have enough coffee this morning and I forget what we ever did to freaking Nevada.

Everyone in Nevada is a sports fan of somewhere else. But a somewhat legit and real fan even if they aren't a local fan. Legal gambling on sports they are huge.

Sadly Boston hating happens out there. One of my best friends from Vegas hates hard on us his buddy is from here and me and him were trying to figure out why this dude hates Boston so much and we just assumed its jealousy.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This is such crap. More BS hype for us and our players to fall sucker to.....We won a grand total of 1 Stanley Cup in 42 years. We need to get over ourselves...

Especially the players.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................couldn't agree more...

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Right, you would think fans of the game would hate what Montreal, Vancouver and Pittsburgh are doing to the game.

Well, this isn't a real poll, it's a fan vote, of people who read that particular site. It doesn't distinguish reasoning - do you hate a team because of the way they play, or because they beat your team? And how many people voted? How many times?

It's a fun topic of discussion, but not something to be taken seriously.

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009
Before we get all high and mighty, let's not forget how some Bruins fans have handled themselves on social media. You'd be foolish to think those displays of ignorance haven't played some part in these results.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Before we get all high and mighty, let's not forget how a very few, like under a dozen Bruins fans which were then re-tweeted 1000's of times, mostly by people decrying the original tweet have handled themselves on social media. You'd be foolish to think those displays of ignorance, overreaction, and gross misrepresentation by the media of rival fanbases haven't played some part in these results.

There, I fixed it for you.

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009
There, I fixed it for you.

They're still Bruins fans on social media and their comments were still ignorant. Your added text doesn't change that. Not to mention, it's happened twice in the space of 3 years.

Yes, it's only a select few but that doesn't change what was said. Do they represent the fans as a whole? Not even close but I'm all for shaming Bruins fans if it means the select few begin to reconsider their actions. Regardless of media exaggeration, I don't think these poll results are something to celebrate.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They're still Bruins fans on social media and their comments were still ignorant. Your added text doesn't change that. Not to mention, it's happened twice in the space of 3 years.

Yes, it's only a select few but that doesn't change what was said. Do they represent the fans as a whole? Not even close but I'm all for shaming Bruins fans if it means the select few begin to reconsider their actions. Regardless of media exaggeration, I don't think these poll results are something to celebrate.

....or something to take seriously. Good grief. Have a little fun. Who cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad