Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
LucicBook.jpg

I'm ****ing crying. :biglaugh:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Meh, I guess by bringing that up the goal is to brand him a hypocrite, but there's a pretty big difference between trash talking amongst adults in the context of a hockey game and little kids bullying each other in school. You can do the former and be opposed to the latter without being a hypocrite.

Depends on what you consider trash talking.

You could see the way lucic shook emelin's hand. You could see what he said to him.

When you act like that and say that when the game and series is already over, you have crossed the line of trash talking and entered the bullying realm.

If lucic goes out next season, and pulls a bertuzzi on emelin or Weiss, there is no question in my mind that the league will not look to the events of yesterday as trash talking but rather pre-meditation evidence.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
That could be straight from The Onion.

I understand the need to play devil's advocate for some, but yes, what he did was straight out bullying. I could understand if something really bad had happened in the series (like in the Claude Lemieux or Dustin Brown's cases), but Weise or Emelin didn't injure anyone or play dirty. And Lucic and the Bruins didn't lose in overtime, they saw it coming since they trailed for the whole game.

I don't really care that the guy has anger issues (although it may lead to something really bad in the future), but this book story is gold, Jerry, gold.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Besides the obvious irony, Lucic's actions were stupid for another reason - integrity.

He is on record now as stating he will kill Weise and Emelin. If he DOES pull another Chara and actually kill one of his intended victims, he has provided all the evidence that will lead to a conviction and life in prison.

If he doesn't follow through and kill them, he reveals himself as a big, childish FAIL. Making idle threats is a loser's M.O.

Davebo*

By that logic you must also agree that no young children should watch hockey because it effectively condones people settling their differences by punching each other in the face.

And at the end of the day you 'shake hands' and move on.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Lucic is a scum bag plain and simple. I wasn't surprised at the comments he made. Did anyone think show any kind of respect? I can't wait until someone puts that piece of garbage in his place!

The bottom line is, he like other members of his dirty, ******* team did not rise to the occasion and did not deserve to win.

This is playoff hockey Mr. Lucic, and you are supposedly one of the leaders on your team. Too bad for you that you only made the headlines in the end of series hand shake.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
The thread on the Bruins' board is a really nice opportunity to tell who's a decent poster and who's not, by the way.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Depends on what you consider trash talking.

You could see the way lucic shook emelin's hand. You could see what he said to him.

When you act like that and say that when the game and series is already over, you have crossed the line of trash talking and entered the bullying realm.

If lucic goes out next season, and pulls a bertuzzi on emelin or Weiss, there is no question in my mind that the league will not look to the events of yesterday as trash talking but rather pre-meditation evidence.

Just like the sticks Lucic puts into people's groins, his actions last night were again sneaky and cowardly. If you want to make a point, you refuse to shake hands, like Brodeur did with Sean Avery and some of the Red Wings did with Claude Lemieux after he badly injured Kris Draper, though I am not aware of anything Weise or Emelin did that rose to the level of insult that Avery or Lemieux committed.

But to *shake hands with a person* WHILE uttering death threats is just completely idiotic! How insincere do you want to reveal yourself to be, Milan?? And then to claim Weise broke some kind of code by talking about the incident - that's just like calling Emelin a coward earlier this year for a legal but low hit, but reacting by sneakily sticking his Sherwood in Emelin's privates and skating away. So to state the obvious: if the game has a tradition of shaking hands after a series is over, then doing what Lucic did is clearly breaking code!

Unfortunately, Milan Lucic is an embarassment to actual tough hockey players who generally hit hard and clean and who also TAKE hits without throwing a fit over them. Guys like Alexei Emelin, for example.

Stephpa10

Jul 23, 2005

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Shake hands you mean like Doug Harvey-Doug said it is worse thing one can do-He said you carve up a mans face then you shake his hands-BS.As for Sportsmanship-The Rocket would put his fist through your face than meet you after the game in a lot and ask if you want to fight again.Ask Dick Irvin about violence-he said his late father would put a hit on a player if one of his players were being abused-His Dad would be banned in todays hockey

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
It's a very dumb thing that Lucic said given the incidents this league has had over the last decade or two.

There was a time when people could just roll their eyes at this sort of thing, and briefly talk about its poor sportsmanship, but then move on without much concern. I mean, he's obviously just venting steam, and it's all just going to amount to a slightly harder than usual game (for Weise/Emelin) with maybe a scrap or two come October, right? If only we could be that confident...

How do you know that Lucic won't become the next Bertuzzi?

You don't, and that's what's really troubling about it.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Shake hands you mean like Doug Harvey-Doug said it is worse thing one can do-He said you carve up a mans face then you shake his hands-BS.As for Sportsmanship-The Rocket would put his fist through your face than meet you after the game in a lot and ask if you want to fight again.Ask Dick Irvin about violence-he said his late father would put a hit on a player if one of his players were being abused-His Dad would be banned in todays hockey

difference is, in Harvey, Richard and co times, most were playing for the same team their whole career, had to face the same teams and individuals for 10 or 15 years...

now ?
they play together at worlds event like the Olympics (Bergeron, Subban and Price winning gold together, ex Habs Halak and Chara on same team, Plekanec and Krejci on same team, Patches and Kessel on same national team too), some also meet during AS week end, NHLPA meetings for some, and some other have the same agents...

and even if that isnt enough for you to understand, lest not forget neither Weise or Emelin did anything specific to get the honour of Lucic's comments...

no dirty events on either side, no blood, no ugly fight, not even real nasty hits... it was a very tame serie in that regard... not a single face was carved as Harvey put it...

MarcBergevin*

Some people do not know where to draw the line. Speaking of children's actions and those of professional athletes who are paid to intimidate, as they do in the game of hockey, are as different as they come.

Shame on those who can't enjoy their victory and move on to the next series. I applaud those who have posted here as to the pettiness of some here.

I know eh, shame those that can't lose with dignity and not have a billion excuses as to why they loss besides themselves. **** the Bruins....i am so happy with this outcome...foreeeeeee

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Besides the obvious irony, Lucic's actions were stupid for another reason - integrity.

He is on record now as stating he will kill Weise and Emelin. If he DOES pull another Chara and actually kill one of his intended victims, he has provided all the evidence that will lead to a conviction and life in prison.

If he doesn't follow through and kill them, he reveals himself as a big, childish FAIL. Making idle threats is a loser's M.O.

As a retired cop let me tell you that it is a criminal offence in Canada to threatened to kill someone. Lucic was way out of line.

https://www.defencelaw.com/utter-threats.html

Aw c'mon, as if he meant it as a real death threat. The fans have to grow a pair. He isn't going to do jack ****, lets stop acting like this is going to escalate. You don't think players on this team have said the same stupid ****?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Aw c'mon, as if he meant it as a real death threat. The fans have to grow a pair. He isn't going to do jack ****, lets stop acting like this is going to escalate. You don't think players on this team have said the same stupid ****?

Yes, except most of the stupid stuff players say, stays on the ice.

I agree with the part where Lucic is doing himself in, to the extent that it will be easier to infer intent to injure out of his accidentally-on-purpose psycho moments. And he tends to have several over the course of any given season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Of course he's fine with it, Bruins can say what they want to anyone. YOU JUST DON'T POKE THE BEAR!, whatever the **** that means.

DON'T POKE CHERRY'S BEARD! FLESH OVERHANG ON THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS JAWLINE, WILL JIGGLE YOU INTO SUBMISSION. :sarcasm:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
When you thing you have seen everything.....you're always in for a surprise.

The irony is off the charts

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal
Some people do not know where to draw the line. Speaking of children's actions and those of professional athletes who are paid to intimidate, as they do in the game of hockey, are as different as they come.

Shame on those who can't enjoy their victory and move on to the next series. I applaud those who have posted here as to the pettiness of some here.

In my work I see the word "bullying" and the french version "intimidation" used way too often, especially in schools. Kids are tired by all the "anti intimidation" education hours but they also learned to abuse it - "that group bullyied me - they refuse to play with me the way I want to" or "that skunk called me a ***** on facebook just because her boyfriend left her for me cause I'm prettier - she is cyberbullying me". My 8yrs girl was told by a classmate that if she does not give her a cartoon book she will complain to the teacher about being "bullied".

In essence bullying implies the use of violence to generate fear of being hurt and using this fear to gain an unfair advantage.

What Lucic and other Bruins did, all season(s) long, is pure "bullying", pretending it's "strong hockey play". Look at the strong physical play in the West and compare to what Boston is doing - not even close. Marchand punching Plek when the refs are not looking is the most recent case.

Some characteristic behaviors of bullies - they hunt in packs like hyenas (see the end of game 6) and stay away from lions (see the Laraque case, or Scott this year). They pick on the lone and the weaker kids.

They use verbal threats involving physical damage - like Lucic did yesterday. It's fear they want after all. They will also call kids
who "tell" the worst names, "baby" being one of those.

So what Lucic and the Bruins are doing is pure "bullying". Problem is it worked for a long while since the league closed their eyes for rating purposes. Like they did with Philly a while ago.

And these players are role models for a lot of kids. I had a boy in a session tell me how he loves the Bruins because they will physically beat up their opponents and that's what he wants to do too. He was full of praise for Lucic. If that happens in Montreal, imagine in Boston.

BTW - you are a sens fan with a history of posts hostile to the habs. It's your right to post here, just don't expect anyone to consider you "neutral" or "authentically unbiased"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00