Brassard
Zuccarello
Miller
Nash
Staal

Preferably, I'd like to see:

Miller-Brassard-Nash
Staal-Stepan-Zuccarello

I'd rather Staal and Nash on different lines. Spread the wealth. Now of course, the issue is that AV insists on having a RH shot in the top 6. That's really hurting the line balance.

I don't care how the lines shake out, those guys should be seeing top 6 time. They have the skill, and more often than not, the consistency.

3rd line should be:

Kreider-Hayes-Fast/Lindberg

4th line should be:

Stalberg-Moore-Fast/Lindberg/Glass

Miller-Brass-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Stalberg-Staal-Lindberg
Moore-Hayes-Fast

This is what I would roll with. Bergs and staal were a great line for a few games. Hayes plays best at center.

12 minutes of Hayes at Center > 15 mins at wing.

It's a pipe dream with Glass jamming it up, But that to me seems like it could work.

Don Jaroodi*

voted Yandle, Zook, and Brass because that slap shot was an absolute masterpiece.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Staal-Brass-Nash
Miller-Stepan-Zucc
Kreider-Hayes-Fast
Stalberg-Moore-Glass

I'd love to see Lindberg on the wing with Kreider-Hayes...but we all know that Glass isnt coming out of the line up at this point. So its not even worth discussing.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Miller-Stepan-Zuccarello looked good.

Nash=Brass need a different winger than Fast

Kreider-Staal-Hayes were basically invisible, Kreider moves his feet less than Girardi.

4th line was good again.

Not too many bad games from Fast thus far. And he has typically performed very well in big games. I'd say AV needs to give it a few games and see what happens. Again, I think Fast will wind up surprising people.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Yandle did a very good job showcasing himself to the Bruins. Should get a nice contract from them come this summer.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Zuccarello goal that the Bruins complained about---it didn't look to me like it hit the netting at all. I don't really think they had much of a case on that.

The Krejci penalty that led to Stepan's pwp goal was one of the worst officiating calls I've seen all year. To me they had a very legitimate gripe on that.

The first of Stempniak's goals to be called back--well Marchand was offside--no doubt about it. 100 % chance because of that the goal should have been negated. On top of which Marchand also knocked Henrik's goalie stick out of his hands. No ****ing way that goal should have counted even if they hadn't been offside.

The second of Stempniak's goals to be called back--Was it in? Yeah--just about 0 doubt. Should it have counted? Yes and no. It should have counted because it was in and it shouldn't have counted because the NHL has already in a number of similar situations and at least a couple occasions with the Rangers taken goals away because they didn't actually see the puck cross the line. They've set a precedent. It defies science but even so--the precedent has been set.

I get how aggravating it must have been to be a Bruins fan last night watching all that but apart from the Krejci penalty the calls were correct. It could be argued that getting into a 2-0 hole really put them in the very undesirable situation of chasing the game the rest of the night and if they had been only down 1-0 after the first their chances would have been so much better to make a comeback. The Krejci call was outrageously awful and really stuck it to them.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The Zuccarello goal that the Bruins complained about---it didn't look to me like it hit the netting at all. I don't really think they had much of a case on that.

The Krejci penalty that led to Stepan's pwp goal was one of the worst officiating calls I've seen all year. To me they had a very legitimate gripe on that.

The first of Stempniak's goals to be called back--well Marchand was offside--no doubt about it. 100 % chance because of that the goal should have been negated. On top of which Marchand also knocked Henrik's goalie stick out of his hands. No ****ing way that goal should have counted even if they hadn't been offside.

The second of Stempniak's goals to be called back--Was it in? Yeah--just about 0 doubt. Should it have counted? Yes and no. It should have counted because it was in and it shouldn't have counted because the NHL has already in a number of similar situations and at least a couple occasions with the Rangers taken goals away because they didn't actually see the puck cross the line. They've set a precedent. It defies science but even so--the precedent has been set.

I get how aggravating it must have been to be a Bruins fan last night watching all that but apart from the Krejci penalty the calls were correct. It could be argued that getting into a 2-0 hole really put them in the very undesirable situation of chasing the game the rest of the night and if they had been only down 1-0 after the first their chances would have been so much better to make a comeback. The Krejci call was outrageously awful and really stuck it to them.

Oh well. Every team deals with poor calls. Rangers have been on that end multiple times over the last couple weeks. They still could have killed off the penalty. It's not as bad as Lundqvist getting interfered with and a goal being score and the NHL for some reason allowing it(LA).

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Or play an umbrella and put him at the top of the circle like the Capitals do with Ovi

I'd love to see this team run an umbrella, but I think we need better right-handed options than Stepan and Boyle to really make it work.

Apparently NBC never showed the frame, but Bergeron was also way offsides on this play as well.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Have you seen anything in the last 70 games that makes you think Girardi, at Staal, will improve their games once the playoffs come?

Yes. Girardi wasn't terrible all season. He had a month / month and a half stretch in January /February where he played like a legit top-4.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yandle did a very good job showcasing himself to the Bruins. Should get a nice contract from them come this summer.

I don't think they'll have cap room to throw money at Yandle. Let's not forget they had to ditch Hamilton for cap reasons. Krug is RFA after this season.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yes. Girardi wasn't terrible all season. He had a month / month and a half stretch in January /February where he played like a legit top-4.

Agreed but lately he's just been horrible. His inability to treat the puck with calm and not turn it over is just so frustrating. We know he no longer has the foot speed but now it also seems like he just wants to get rid of puck as soon as he touches it. Usually winds up on opponents stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad