Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins at New York Rangers 11/8/2017: From Russia With Goals

3 Stars

• Chris Kreider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rick Nash

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Kevin Hayes

• JT Miller

• Mats Zuccarello

• Michael Grabner

• Jesper Fast

• Pavel Buchnevich

Votes: 66 90.4%
  • Mika Zibanejad

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Chris Kreider

• David Desharnais

• Jimmy Vesey

Votes: 57 78.1%
  • Paul Carey

• Ryan McDonagh

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Nick Holden

• Kevin Shattenkirk

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Marc Staal

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Steven Kampfer

• Brady Skjei

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Henrik Lundqvist

Votes: 57 78.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
View attachment 82823
We are back. It''s been a hell of a 2 weeks.

0oei1
How the hell can PIT be at the top of the Metro with that goal differential?!?!?

Obviously i know HOW it can be done, but sheesh...

Reactions: torirose1998

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
YEah they lost like 3 games BIG but even so they have not been great at all.

We’re lucky other than New Jersey no one else really jumped out in the first 10 to 15 games in the metro which easily could have happened and it didn’t. Puts us right back in the chase.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The one thing I really didn’t like and noticed it more so this morning when looking at the TOI is how the zibanejad line got like no ice time. All around 12 mins or so. How does that happen when Carey isn’t even playing at all in the third?

Desharnais got 1540 to Zibanejads 1455. That makes ZERO sense

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i think we need to enjoy this ride. as bad as we were a few weeks ago, things have gotten better but AV still gonna AV and boston just isnt that good. the smith thing needs to go away. enough already alain.

last night was a solid start for a change but then mostly average play the last 40 mins.

hanky has got his swag back for sure but until the other 8 million dollar open sore named rick nash starts scoring, were gonna need to keep winning games by the narrowest margins.

were better but not there yet.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Isn’t still flip Nash and Miller. Nash doesn’t want to pass the puck anyway so just put him with Desharnais and let Vesey go to the net.

It’s clear the Hayes line as currently constructed isn’t working.

For me I’d do a couple things:

Boo in for Carey of course. (Read boo did not have flu food poisoning has really knocked him down).

I’d move Miller to center ice and recall Lettieri. DD would be my spare at this point.

KZB
Nash Miller Zucc
Grabner Hayes Lettieri
Vesey Nieves Fast

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah true @Kovalev27 - in AV view of things Hayes line was +1 due to open net goal - so all good in AV books, lol. Nailed it, dumb dumb dumb.. coach!!! :)

He won`change anything on Saturday vs McDavid line, book it! :D

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Vesey is so frustrating. I think he sucks, but then I compare him to all the other awful players in the league that are worthless and none of them pull off the occasional toe drag like Vesey. Glad he got on the board because he's clearly a talented player and could be a solid 20-20 guy down the line. I think he needs to stop hanging out with Hayes.
Vesey was a rookie last year who netted 16 goals. And then had a pretty good playoff. Perhaps we need to have just a hair of patience with such a young player?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Hayes doesn't work with those guys. Zucca and Nash have no chemistry.

Nash/Miller/Zucca needs to be a line.

Hayes needs Grabner on his line.

Yeah, Hayes works well with Grabner. Since AV seems to be against Miller as a C for any extended period, re-form the line when Boo comes back. Imperfect, but maybe there's untapped chemistry there with Nash and Zucc. Staple DD to the fourth line, I guess with Vesey and Fast.

And by the way, Staal. Wow. What a renaissance he's having. He's been so good, he even gets a teammate to sit in the box for his penalty.

Reactions: Ori

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
The one thing I really didn’t like and noticed it more so this morning when looking at the TOI is how the zibanejad line got like no ice time. All around 12 mins or so. How does that happen when Carey isn’t even playing at all in the third?

Desharnais got 1540 to Zibanejads 1455. That makes ZERO sense
Watching the game this bothered me because the KZB would jump on the ice they get a chance Rask would hold it and off theyd go after being on for 10-15 secs

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Vesey was a rookie last year who netted 16 goals. And then had a pretty good playoff. Perhaps we need to have just a hair of patience with such a young player?
"Such a young player" He's the same age as Miller and Zibanejad, 24. He's closer to what he will be than people think because he got to the league late

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

All for having patience with Vesey, especially considering we don't have any backup options at wing.

But he's pretty much the same age as JT Miller and Zibanejad, I feel like people sometimes think he's in the same age class as Buchnevich. Vesey is the kind of player (with build ect) that you might expect to be a late bloomer ala Matt Gilroy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
"Such a young player" He's the same age as Miller and Zibanejad, 24. He's closer to what he will be than people think because he got to the league late
How many years has he been in the league compared to the other to where their experience levels are so similar? At last check a rookie is a rookie no matter what age he is. And is he not a young player?

And because he got to the league latter rather than earlier, that somehow means he has no upside or development left?

Wow. And this is how you cannibalize your prospects. He has the audacity to arrive on the scene at 23 and not earlier. As such, he cannot possibly develop any further. No one learns anything of how to play at 24 and clearly he is at the ceiling.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
How many years has he been in the league compared to the other to where their experience levels are so similar? At last check a rookie is a rookie no matter what age he is. And is he not a young player?
My point was that he is older than people think and should be playing better. Miller and Zibanejad have continually gotten better year in and year out. I expect the same from Vesey and this year hes trending down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad