Confirmed with Link: Boston Bruins Acquire Ondrej Kase (RW) from ANA -- Backes On The Move!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Is Kase any different than Bjork?

Great trade but I hope Kase is included in the next trade for Kreider or Palmieri with the Bruins having no first now.

Reactions: BBruins

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
SO they trade a first, Axel, and only 75% of Backes's contract for Kase?

I heard Axel was playing quite well where he is. Is this is a good move or not? I know very little about Kase. Top 6 RW for the future?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I know nothing about Kase, but on the main board everyone things the Bruins got a great deal, so I will believe them.

He is 24 so still young and a 1st rounder that late who knows.

He is also Czech so Krejci has a countryman on his line.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
So on its own, it's a good move.

Acquired a young player with term, while moving the contract that needed to be moved for this upcoming off-season.

As a bigger picture, I hope this doesn't prevent them from making another, bigger move, due to the first rounder being gone.

Kase, if healthy, is a good player, but he's not going to move the needle enough on his own

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I hate the giving up a first to get out from under Backes' contract, while still keeping $1.5m of dead cap hit next year.

Kase scored 20 goals two years ago. He's 24 and is signed through next season ($2.6m AAV) and then an RFA. But he's also very injury-prone. 7-16-23, -7 in 49 games this season, played just 30 games last year. Billy Jaffe really likes him, says he's very fast and skilled.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Not a bad move all things considered. To move that Backes contract the Bruins needed to include a pot sweetener, which was going to be prospects and picks. That said I wish Don didn't give up a first. But again, decent deal and I hope there is another shoe to drop.

As for the player himself, I hope that playing with Krejci and DeBrusk on a winning team can bring something out of Kase so he can go to another level as a player. He's only 24 on cheap money so the Bruins don't have much to lose.

Reactions: Mione134

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I mean, I guess i'm glad Vaak wasn't going the other way, so there's that.

But is this guy really gonna help bolster the second line? Can somebody sell me on this guy please? I don't wanna go off of just pure stats

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Losing 1st for Backes stings, but such is life. I like Kase, but I don't love him as a top-6 winger. Not sure if they have much ammo left for further acquisitions.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I hate the giving up a first to get out from under Backes' contract, while still keeping $1.5m of dead cap hit next year.

Kase scored 20 goals two years ago. He's 24 and is signed through next season ($2.6m AAV) and then an RFA. But he's also very injury-prone. 7-16-23, -7 in 49 games this season, played just 30 games last year. Billy Jaffe really likes him, says he's very fast and skilled.

Also needs to be said - Anaheim has been the place offense goes to die the past two seasons.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

20 goals in only 66 games, 25g pace. He looks dangerous everytime I watch him. Fact that he's an RFA is the cherry on top.

Reactions: 24 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad