Dreger: Boston and Edmonton amongst teams interested in OEL

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Have to assume that means he won’t go to Calgary either.

That leaves Boston as the main rumoured team right? Except for light speculation with the Blues
I would have to keep Krug and sign him before I made this deal.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would have to keep Krug and sign him before I made this deal.

Yeah, that’s the weird part. Why not offer Krug a bit more than give up assets for OEL?

I wonder if there’s a mystery team in on OEL that will be surprising.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, that’s the weird part. Why not offer Krug a bit more than give up assets for OEL?

Seems like there's always a mystery team. As a Bruins and Krug fan, I can't imagine why they would be in on this.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Have to assume that means he won’t go to Calgary either.

That leaves Boston as the main rumoured team right? Except for light speculation with the Blues

he’s actually hurting the yotes value wise but it’s his right so it is what it is.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Oilers were 2nd in the Pacific, 5th in the west last year.

Tippett was OELs coach in Arizona. I think the current belief is OEL will waive for Edmonton.

As a Boston fan, you're a little salty, hey? Closing window getting a little tight for ya? :D
We know that and it is why Sweeny work hard toget better and give he's core players all the chances to go for Lord Stanley again, but we can talk about Oilers window if you want cause it is pretty close and tight for you and probably for a long long time...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
OEL to Krug is an upgrade because OEL can actually take dzone faceoffs against tough competition

The Coyotes prefer 2021 picks because Bill Armstrong has to sit out this draft

Boston can easily move some pieces around to accommodate OEL without retention. The Coyotes can take guys like Moore and Ritchie if necessary.

Ritchie is funny in that if the Bruins bought him out this season it’s a 300k CREDIT. I don’t understand why.

Things are certainly less tight after the trade if Moore is heading to AZ to give them an NHL quality d-man for a couple seasons at 2.75. You would think with like the entire D group UFA that having some cost certainty on the blue line for a couple seasons isn’t a bad thing.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

One of these guys plays against top competition as a number 1. The other is the most sheltered d-man in hockey.

When your team has Chara in his prime, sheltering Krug is fine, but now it means you are stifling McAvoy and the Bruins can’t afford sheltering.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If the return was gonna be Bouchard + 14 + with minimal money going the other way thank god we’re not on the list.

Arizona would make us look real stupid for making that trade as soon as next season maybe.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
If the Bruins trade for OEL, I would expect any deal to include either AZ includes $2+ million of salary retention or for the Bruins to include John Moore in the deal otherwise it won’t make a ton of sense for the Bruins with the way they have structured their salary cap

I would expect the Bruins to include some combination of Carlo, Vaakanainen, Lauzon, Frederic, Vlader, Swayman, Beecher and picks. They won’t include any of their core or Studnicka. Anyone who thinks they’ll include McAvoy is nuts

Reactions: _Del_

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If the Bruins trade for OEL, I would expect any deal to include either AZ includes $2+ million of salary retention or for the Bruins to include John Moore in the deal otherwise it won’t make a ton of sense for the Bruins with the way they have structured their salary cap

I would expect the Bruins to include some combination of Carlo, Vaakanainen, Lauzon, Frederic, Vlader, Swayman, Beecher and picks. They won’t include any of their core or Studnicka. Anyone who thinks they’ll include McAvoy is nuts
Bruins would be stupid to pursue this guy at the player cost and contract costs..........Bruins run and run fast and far from this deal.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I wouldnt want to include Carlo either

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

OEL is guaranteed his money, and he gets to control where he plays. Coyotes really are stuck. They either accept one of the Boston or Vancouver offers, or they keep him. And those offers will come off the table quickly, because the other two teams will move on.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Why all this talk about Boston trading for OEL with that contract , when they need goal scoring particularly a RW.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad