Dreger: Boston and Edmonton amongst teams interested in OEL

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think OEL would thrive in Edmonton. What sort of price do people think he will cost ? A cap dump+ pick? Do they want a solid player in return?
Probably Nugent Hopkins? Oilers may need to move cap to fit OEL in. Darcy K be good for Oil maybe. A first going to the desert for him? Kos as a cap dump?

Be RNH, 1st pick. Kos for OEL and Kuemper?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How would Edmonton fans rank Puljujarvi, Samorukov and Lavoie? Are there other prospects in this tier that I’m missing? The tier just below the top tier.

For that matter, how would you guys rank Broberg vs Bouchard? Those guys in the top tier.
Puljujarvi is in the same tier as Bouchard and Broberg. He just wants out of Edmonton for how he was handled.

Samourkov struggled in the AHL this year but has high upside.

Lavoie, Benson, McLeod etc are a tier below.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
OEL is 29, have a full no NTC and want to win, do you really think is gonna to accept to join the poor Oilers? Second, he's contact is terrible, OEL is gonna be hard to move for those reasons...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
OEL is 29, have a full no NTC and want to win, do you really think is gonna to accept to join the poor Oilers? Second, he's contact is terrible, OEL is gonna be hard to move for those reasons...
Well they're much better than Arizona...

Reactions: McWeber

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
He had his best years under Tippet and he could turn the "Poor"oilers into a contender. They do have the last 2 league scoring leaders already....

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Probably Nugent Hopkins? Oilers may need to move cap to fit OEL in. Darcy K be good for Oil maybe. A first going to the desert for him? Kos as a cap dump?

Be RNH, 1st pick. Kos for OEL and Kuemper?
Personally I like Bouchard & RNH for OEL & Kuemper after free agency starts, so they can work out an extension before the trade. Other players can be involved.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Serious question, does he at this point in his career with that contract even have positive value? Or are they just looking to dump the contract.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Serious question, does he at this point in his career with that contract even have positive value? Or are they just looking to dump the contract.
I don't expect the Coyotes to trade him.
I rather the team get a new coach instead. Tocchet is a good assistant coach but suxs as a head coach.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
In that case why did you call about OEL (rhetorical)?
We need to upgrade on defense and with Arizona needing to shed money we thought there could be a chance to get someone that might rebound with us and live up to his bad contract. Aiming to acquire said player at a lower price obviously (due to age/contract/declining play).

Trading away Nuge, who is in his prime, plays multiple positions, in all situations, compliments both our top players well on the wing, and is great defensively, doesn’t make us a better team. In fact trading Nuge in a deal for OEL probably makes us much worse. Bouchard is a blue chip prospect in the position that we need the most - RHD. He fits the exact criteria for the player we need there and he has a good chance of filling that hole and is only 20 years old/on a 3 year elc. 2 pieces that are practically untouchable unless we’re getting an overpay from the other end.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers need RNH more than OEL. Rather pay Nuge the 8.5M
Oilers could have both. I do get that there are other players who need raises though, in the coming years, so it is tricky. But if the rationale is that we just aren't allowed to have a 1D then what is the point of this whole rebuild?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad