Post-Game Talk: Boston 3 Philadelphia 2 OT

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I missed today's game due to a funeral service for a friend. Glad to see they won and didn't end up with another shootout.

So who were the stars today and who wasn't? Did Soup play or is he still out?

Sorry for your loss. If you get NESN, they usually rerun the games @ 12 am, but check per daylight savings time "spring ahead."

Yes GC was in, & unfortunately made some costly mistakes.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Can't look at him without thinking he belongs in One Direction or something along those lines.

What will be interesting? Watching him transform from a pasta thin 18 year old with oodles o' talent & an ever present smile into a strong, three zone professional with vision, creativity, and touch. And maybe a genuine leader 4 to 5 years down the line. There's nothing about this sprig I don't like.

Let's all be patient, though. Growing pains are inevitable.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
+Seids too, he needs to be more physical, when he hits he has a better game.

Bartkowski is good, Chara is looking better, and Seids looks to be regaining serviceable top 4 form. We're not as deep on D as we were last year, but things are looking up.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Bartkowski is good, Chara is looking better, and Seids looks to be regaining serviceable top 4 form. We're not as deep on D as we were last year, but things are looking up.

I don't know how long he's been back, but Morrow played in the P last game, got an assist. I guess he's the next man up.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Am I the only one that really wants to see a Marchand-Spooner-Pasta line?

The kids would get knocked around more . I think Looch works well with Pasta and Spoons. Other teams are less likely to injure our young players with Looch out there with them.

Plus you can't split up Bergy and Brad.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The kids would get knocked around more . I think Looch works well with Pasta and Spoons. Other teams are less likely to injure our young players with Looch out there with them.

Plus you can't split up Bergy and Brad.

One could argue Pasta more physical than Looch:laugh:

kidding of course

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
It's crazy for me to think that the only reason Chia is keeping Pasta with Lucic and Spooner is because Pasta makes the line more defensively sound. You just KNOW he'd never put 3 guys he was worried about. That's how reliable Pasta has been on the backcheck. Hell he's already better than Lucic in his own zone.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
One could argue Pasta more physical than Looch:laugh:

kidding of course
Good Sunday Morning Andrew :)

From where we sit you can see Looch coaching them on the bench and keeping an eye on them on the ice.

I really do believe other teams are less likely to run Pasta and Spoons with Looch out there.

But I am just a Looch homer so pay no mind to me :laugh:

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
Nice to see Boston win, but they seemed low on intesity. I haven't seen all the games, but if that game was anything to judge by I can see why Boston ain't higher up at the table.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

We still need more games to see if this is true, they had a pretty easy 2 games before philly game.
The problem also is that every other playoff team improved their D and we were already behind them.

But Bart has now caused 4 2min penalties in the last 2 games, that has to stop.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good Sunday Morning Andrew :)

From where we sit you can see Looch coaching them on the bench and keeping an eye on them on the ice.

I really do believe other teams are less likely to run Pasta and Spoons with Looch out there.

But I am just a Looch homer so pay no mind to me :laugh:

Good Morning to you as well. I commented on that very thing (Looch talking to the boys) as I watched a game earlier this week where on two separate occasions he clearly had their attention and was either going over directions to the T-Line or where to be in certain on ice scenarios:laugh:

Love seeing the vets taking the kids under their wing

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
It's crazy for me to think that the only reason Chia is keeping Pasta with Lucic and Spooner is because Pasta makes the line more defensively sound. You just KNOW he'd never put 3 guys he was worried about. That's how reliable Pasta has been on the backcheck. Hell he's already better than Lucic in his own zone.

That's not a very high measuring stick.:laugh:

Pasta has been really good, and Spooner has improved a lot too in the defensive zone. I don't feel worried about them like I did with Lucic-Spooner-Fraser earlier in the year. I definitely would like to see this line stick around for a while. All 3 of them are growing as players beacause of it.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Its not crazy to think, but its not the only reason.

Pretty amazing that the teen with all the offensive talent is the most dependable defensively on that line. Looch seems to be playing a more responsible defensive game with the kids on his line, but he still isn't solid in his own zone.

oreillyisgod

Unregistered User
Jun 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Start of something big?

I know the game wasnt of quite the same significance, but didnt this win have the same feel as 2013 Leafs Game 7? That game jumpstarted them all the way to within a couple minutes of an SCF Game 7. Maybe this has the same effect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad