GDT: boscar

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
[I[/INDENT]
If it weren't for Cam, the game would have been tied 1-1. He gave up two bad goals in the 1st. He's never played great against Boston. Boston gave up a ton of good chances, and Rask bailed them out all night. That's what a top tier goalie does.

Have you watched any games in 2009 playoff series against Bruins? He plays great in Boston, here not as well...

Caniac125330

Jul 13, 2011
North Carolina
So now I'm looking at the standings... to see how high a pick we can get. Philly, Minnesota, Ottawa, and Montreal are one, two, two, and three behind us respectively, each with at least a game in hand. So that's 13th to 9th. Vancouver and Arizona are each six back, Van has three games in hand, Az two, so that could be 7th. CBJ is 8 back, they have an outside chance, anything past them is unlikely. So if things go well we should be able to get to 7th, outside chance 6 or 5. #Tankvolution

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
So now I'm looking at the standings... to see how high a pick we can get. Philly, Minnesota, Ottawa, and Montreal are one, two, two, and three behind us respectively, each with at least a game in hand. So that's 13th to 9th. Vancouver and Arizona are each six back, Van has three games in hand, Az two, so that could be 7th. CBJ is 8 back, they have an outside chance, anything past them is unlikely. So if things go well we should be able to get to 7th, outside chance 6 or 5. #Tankvolution

Now is the time to sell off our assets for futures. Every impending UFA, including my avatar, should be up for discussion. Since we can only retain one contract, its going to be hard to flip BOTH Staal AND Ward but there shouldn't be any problem attracting buyers for Versteeg and Liles. Hainsey, Wisniewski, and McClement are good bets to be traded at next year's trade deadline.

#Tankvolution lineup

Nordstrom-Staal-Nestrasil
Skinner-Rask-Lindholm
Gerbe-Nash-PDG
Malone-McClement-Terry

Hainsey-Faulk
Slavin-Pesce
Hanifin-Jordan

Lack
Altshuller

Caniac125330

Jul 13, 2011
North Carolina
Now is the time to sell off our assets for futures. Every impending UFA, including my avatar, should be up for discussion. Since we can only retain one contract, its going to be hard to flip BOTH Staal AND Ward but there shouldn't be any problem attracting buyers for Versteeg and Liles. Hainsey, Wisniewski, and McClement are good bets to be traded at next year's trade deadline.

#Tankvolution lineup

Nordstrom-Staal-Nestrasil
Skinner-Rask-Lindholm
Gerbe-Nash-PDG
Malone-McClement-Terry

Hainsey-Faulk
Slavin-Pesce
Hanifin-Jordan

Lack
Altshuller

Nesty is out for the season. Odds are there's at least one player coming in a trade that goes right in. Sounds like McC may be out long term. So even more tank worthy lol. Think McGinn comes up for the rest of the year.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I doubt Faulk plays again this season. No sense. Maybe I posted this once before but can't remember.

For the sake of tanking, we should trade Jordan Staal for Mika Zibanejad. However, an unmotivated Jordan might be more compelling for that reason. He was -4 last night.

On a serious note, this trade makes sense for both sides because Jordan found his stride and Ottawa would rather compete sooner than us. Mika is 4 and a half years younger and if he's developed properly, has the potential to be what Jordan is today in 4-5 years when we will be ready to compete.

I'm just not sure how we'd reach the cap floor if we traded both Staals and the rest of our UFA's. I guess we'd be compelled to take back a bad contract but I feel like they should be adding.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
To get a guy that might be as good as him in 4-5 years, who will likely be looking for a $6M+ contract.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
We're kidding ourselves if we think Eric Staal could fetch Zibanejad. And before we let Jordan get to that point, it would be wise to trade him now for somebody who can project to be like he is now and is 4 and a half years younger before he starts to decline as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad