Proposal: Bos-van

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Larsson is a 3d and got Taylor Hall.

I agree the Bruins don't do it though. They're not as desperate for d as Chiarelli was and they don't have the surplus offensive talent or the waiting free agent replacement that Chiarelli did.

We don't have Chiarelli either, thank goodness.

No to this trade. Pastrnak has to be untouchable unless we are getting an elite, impact, star player.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I think Pastrnak would be exactly what we would want as a return on Tanev. Let's not keep using the Hall-Larsson trade as an example. And from Bostons side I don't know how much you need a defensive stud on the back so I can't judge. But I'm guessing from reactions Pastrnak is worth more to you than a defensive presence on the back.

Would we pay someone like Boeser for Zaitsev? I mean, come on. Us Canucks fans need to look at the trade from the other side. Even if it feels underwhelming.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think Pastrnak would be exactly what we would want as a return on Tanev. Let's not keep using the Hall-Larsson trade as an example. And from Bostons side I don't know how much you need a defensive stud on the back so I can't judge. But I'm guessing from reactions Pastrnak is worth more to you than a defensive presence on the back.

Would we pay someone like Boeser for Zaitsev? I mean, come on. Us Canucks fans need to look at the trade from the other side. Even if it feels underwhelming.

My only regret in making this thread is not noticing that the Bruins have a decent amount of right-handed defensemen already. I did use the Hall trade as a benchmark in my logic.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
without getting into fair value, I think the Bruins are going to need Pastarnak a lot more than they are going to need Tanev going forward. Based on that I will have to say no thanks.

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc
Tanev is a very good #2. If Boston was the one inquiring, this trade is probably pretty close. It just all depends if Boston is willing to pay up for that calibre of dman. You won't get a top pairing dman for spare parts

Are we over-valuing Tanev just a might???? The Canucks were saying the same about Keith Ballard in 2010

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
S

Pasta is good, but let's not get carried away, he is behind Marchand, Bergeron, Rask just to name a few

This season? The only one would be maybe Marchand. I also like the "just to name a few" comment as if there was anyone else on the Bruins even close this season :laugh:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Not a chance this trade happens, I would not trade Pastrnak for anyone on the Canucks right now. Tanev is pretty good, but overrated a bit on these boards, most I would offer is Spooner + B prospect.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Spooner + 3rd round pick for Tanev.

I'd definitely be willing to go higher than that but I'm not willing to send pasta out of town for tanev. Spooner as a centerpiece would be optimal.

What do Van fans want for tanev if they think pasta isn't enough?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
chris tanev is so grossly underrated by people who don't know how to accurately evaluate non scorers. we're looking at objectively the best defensive player in the entire NHL over the past 2 seasons, and people are offering spooner and a ****ing 3rd.

tanev is really good at hockey and would be far and away the best dman on the bruins.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
chris tanev is so grossly underrated by people who don't know how to accurately evaluate non scorers.

tanev is really good at hockey and would be far and away the best dman on the bruins.

chris tanev is so grossly overrated by people who don't know how to accurately evaluate non scorers.

pastrnak is really good at hockey and would be far and away the best forward on the canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad