Proposal: Bos-van

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No matter how you try to present the stats, Tanev is not even in the same universe offensively as Doughty. This is just spiraling into an alternate reality.

Never said he was as good as Doughty but if Doughty can win the Norris being bad offensively at even strength, why can't Tanev be a top pairing defenseman being terrible offensively at even strength?

It's a double standard.

I thought doughty had 80 goals and 318 points in 606 games coming into this season?

And tanev had 14 goals and 65 points in 295 games?

One guy averages 10 goals and 40 points (we will call him a first pair guy)

And one averages 4 goals and less than 20 points (lets not call him a first pair guy for the sake of this argument)

But trying to get away with your claim that they are the same is bold... very bold... in a way I admire having the guts to go public with such an outlandish comparison

They're not the same at all. Did I say Tanev should win the Norris? I'm saying Doughty won the Norris in a bad offensive year. Josh Manson outproduced Doughty at even strength last year. Why the double standard?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Never said he was as good as Doughty but if Doughty can win the Norris being bad offensively at even strength, why can't Tanev be a top pairing defenseman being terrible offensively at even strength?

It's a double standard.

They're not the same at all. Did I say Tanev should win the Norris? I'm saying Doughty won the Norris in a bad offensive year. Josh Manson outproduced Doughty at even strength last year. Why the double standard?

A Doughty-Tanev comparison is probably a pretty bad idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad