Proposal: Bos-van

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Tanev does not get you Pastrnak. Van would need to add alot. Tanev is a 3D.

Tanev is a very good #2. If Boston was the one inquiring, this trade is probably pretty close. It just all depends if Boston is willing to pay up for that calibre of dman. You won't get a top pairing dman for spare parts

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
5th in TOI on a below average defensive squad=top 30-40 dman in the league. Let me guess the coach is an idiot.

1) Our defense is not below average at all.
2) Yes our coach is not very intelligent AT ALL
3) He's been hurt a lot
4) Have you seen our record with Tanev in the lineup this season? It's phenomenal

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Boston used to have a significantly better record when Andrew Ference was in the lineup. Doesn't make him anything more than what he was.

First of all, he'll no to Colin Miller for Sven Baertschi. We'd like to add a top six forward not lose one.

Second of all, Chris Tanev is the very best defense man in the NHL in terms of shot suppression and it's not close. He has an amazing first pass out of the zone and hardly makes any mistakes. All this while just starting to enter his prime and being right handed. He's got a ton of value. If Boston won't movie Pasternak for him that's understandable, but Tanev is a top pairing shutdown #2 dman in his prime and that's not cheap to acquire.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
You don't know much about Willie Desjardins, do you? :laugh: To keep it short, calling him an idiot is an understatement.

Calling WillieD'umdass an idiot is a compliment to how well he can utilize a players potential. I'm just glad guys like Horvat are developing despite Willie.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If we had tanev I'd probably feel we had one of the 10 best defensive dmen in the game... that's not something I'd ever trade a future 30 goal 2-way first line forward for

But both guys are well liked by their fan base

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Why are you confused, he has won every W for the Bruins except for one, without him they are Colorado, when Pasta was out they had a winning record. Pasta hasn't t scored in 15 games. Don't overrate the kids, he is good, going to be better but right now he us not their best player, not even close.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
It's as simple as this:

Tanev is a great player and a defensively responsible #2 is something the Bruins could use, however Pastrnak has shown at a young age that he can be a game changer, and Tanev as good as he is would not bring that same intangible to the table, and for that reason it's a no from every Bruins fan you'll come across

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Tanev does not get you Pastrnak. Van would need to add alot. Tanev is a 3D.

Larsson is a 3d and got Taylor Hall.

I agree the Bruins don't do it though. They're not as desperate for d as Chiarelli was and they don't have the surplus offensive talent or the waiting free agent replacement that Chiarelli did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad