Confirmed with Link: BOS trades Carter Camper to CBJ for Blake Parlett.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I've never heard of Parlett.

Undrafted defenceman.. was part of the Gaborik trade. He's stout. Nice frame. I watched him play in mites; he has a nice physique.

pierre-mcguire-h1000-headshot.jpeg

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Seems like an odd move to me.

Carter Camper is a superb AHL player, really great skill set.

Honestly don't know much about Parlett, was pretty solid for the old-Majors in the OHL.

Could this signal that we will be adding another scoring forward for Providence in a subsequent move? Or did Chiarelli, Neely, Sweeney, or Gretzky see something in Parlett that they think he could make the NHL at some point or be a staple on the farm?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yeah, Morrow's injury is apparently really ugly. Miller has made the cut, Bartkowski made it last season. Providence needs d-men, we have Spooner and KoKo as our top-6 centers.

I liked Camper in his few call ups, and he was a beast for us in Prov. Only knock against him was that he was short. Really surprised he hasn't been called up in ~2 years... Best of luck to him, welcome to the organization Parlett. :) Hopefully he can be another McQuaid, as someone said. McKenzie said he was pretty good a few years ago.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
With Miller signing that one way deal...makes you wonder if they preferred to mold another player that was more of a solid defensive dman.

Camper wasn't really going to get a sniff with the big club.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I'm fine with this move.

Chiarelli has done very well historically in poaching unknown defenseman, and Camper was on the fast track to nowhere with this organization.

Plus, one less forward in the mix can only signal more ice time for Jared Knight :naughty:

member 96824

I'm fine with this move.

Chiarelli has done very well historically in poaching unknown defenseman, and Camper was on the fast track to nowhere with this organization.

Plus, one less forward in the mix can only signal more ice time for Jared Knight :naughty:

Bruins will sign a sandwich artist at subway and put him on skates before they give Jared Knight more icetime.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad