Confirmed with Link: BOS trades Carter Camper to CBJ for Blake Parlett.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I used to see Parlett play when he was in Hartford; solid defenseman, takes care of his own end of the ice but is not flashy. Will chip in a bit offensively from time to time, but not a lot. I don't ever recall thinking that he was destined to be an NHL regular at any point, but was reliable at the AHL level, and should continue that in Providence.

Of course, this is coming from the guy who had zero confidence in Johnson as a backup at the NHL level and thought that it was a bad move...

trudatman*

this sucks. this guy had better be good. I get that Camper was one of many trees in a forest of forwards not quite making the team, but the kid was really good when he made it up. I do not like the idea of making trades to fill temporary gaps in the minors. color me disappointed.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I used to see Parlett play when he was in Hartford; solid defenseman, takes care of his own end of the ice but is not flashy. Will chip in a bit offensively from time to time, but not a lot. I don't ever recall thinking that he was destined to be an NHL regular at any point, but was reliable at the AHL level, and should continue that in Providence.

Of course, this is coming from the guy who had zero confidence in Johnson as a backup at the NHL level and thought that it was a bad move...

Thanks--good to know he is a solid defenseman.

Parlett has 18 points in 37 games this season.

That puts him #3 in scoring for P-Bruins defensemen, behind only Morrow and Warsofsky. And they have played more games.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this sucks. this guy had better be good. I get that Camper was one of many trees in a forest of forwards not quite making the team, but the kid was really good when he made it up. I do not like the idea of making trades to fill temporary gaps in the minors. color me disappointed.

most kids who come up to boston look pretty good. a guy like florek, who is buried deep on prospect lists, looked very comfortable on the 4th line. and he's got some size and wheels too. camper is a smallish skill guy who seems to me like a AAAA-type (baseball term). he had little to zero chance of ever playing regularly in boston. providence's D was ravaged by injury, call-up, etc - seems like a no-brainer to me.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
It is strange to see that Tommy Cross is actually still in the organization. Almost 7 years after that blunder-filled draft. The Bruins didn't even get a single goal out of the 2007 and 2008 drafts. That's rough.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Chia has a pretty good record when it comes to under the radar Defenseman acquisitions. Boychuk, McQuiad, Bartkowski and signing Miller to a minor league deal, were by no means earth shattering deals. Fast forward a few years, all of these players are NHL calibre.

Low risk high reward - this is Chia's style. I know that I've definitely been paying a lot more attention to these "minor' deals. They may not look sexy, but in the long run they might just pay off.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Chia has a pretty good record when it comes to under the radar Defenseman acquisitions. Boychuk, McQuiad, Bartkowski and signing Miller to a minor league deal, were by no means earth shattering deals. Fast forward a few years, all of these players are NHL calibre.

Low risk high reward - this is Chia's style. I know that I've definitely been paying a lot more attention to these "minor' deals. They may not look sexy, but in the long run they might just pay off.

Good point. This deal probably won't amount to much of anything, but you never know. Camper was not going to ever be a contributor to the Boston team, so it is not like they risked anything in the trade. If the new guy doesn't ever do much for the Bs, big whoop. At least Providence will have a solid player.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB

I think there is some value though in fielding a good AHL team that can get in the playoffs and make a bit of a run. Some of the team, Spooner comes to mind, has had relatively little playoff experience.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Like it.

Adam McQuaid trade all over again. We love these no namers from Columbus ;)

People laugh at a deal like this but don't forget how we got Boychuk and McQuaid, you never know. Even Reilly Smith came out of relative obscurity this year. I'm not saying he will have the impact of those players but the B's scouts do their homework.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
People laugh at a deal like this but don't forget how we got Boychuk and McQuaid, you never know. Even Reilly Smith came out of relative obscurity this year. I'm not saying he will have the impact of those players but the B's scouts do their homework.

The pick they gave up for mcquaid was flipped to Dallas- they took Jamie Benn with it! :amazed:

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Bruins would have taken a Hockey East defenseman with that pick anyway.

Yup we would have just drafted another dud during the 'dark years'. If only the B's drafted as well as they coached and traded. That's really been the B's Achilles heel. Outside of Marchand who can we say lately were 'homegrown' starters?

Soderberg and Smith don't count because we got them in trade flips.
Seguin, Hamilton were also the result of trade flip of Kessel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->