Confirmed with Link: BOS trades Carter Camper to CBJ for Blake Parlett.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Nice frame. I watched him play in mites; he has a nice physique.

GZUKvFD.gif

In all seriousness, it looks like a depth move.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Anybody who watched Camper play those few games in Boston could see that his lack of size and speed was going to negate his other positives. Best of luck to him in Columbus.

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Natural right-handed defenseman, (always a plus), 24 yrs old, don't know his style but if he's a serviceable body with potential of being a solid 3rd pairing....you can never have too many defensemen as far as I;'m concerned.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I remember Parlett when he played in Windsor, kind of meh as a Spitfire but he broke out his last couple years with the St. Mikes. I guess they like the depth of Parlett on the back end better than Camper up front, don't think Parlett is another Boychuk/McQuaid but you never know (but really you probably know he isn't). Another guy to slide in front of Tommy Cross on the depth chart.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
P-Bruins also got Joe Lavin for future considerations in a separate deal. Lavin is another defenseman, playing in the ECHL all year.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Providence needs defensemen with the call-ups and injuries. I don't understand why people make fun of trades like this. The organization needs depth on defense now.

Here is Parlett's profile: http://slambios.canoe.ca/sportsplus/hockey/player.php?8837

RH shot, 6'1" and 205 pounds. An undrafted free agent signed in 2011 by the Rangers. He has averaged almost .5 PPG throughout his career.

Last year in the AHL he had 8 goals and 24 assists in 76 games and was +9. That would put him as the #2 scoring defenseman in Providence, behind only Krug and substantially ahead of Bartkowski, Warsofsky, Trotman, Miller, Cohen, Cross, etc.

We've seen a number of those guys contribute in Boston. Parlett has the potential to help as well.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Providence needs defensemen with the call-ups and injuries. I don't understand why people make fun of trades like this. The organization needs depth on defense now.

Here is Parlett's profile: http://slambios.canoe.ca/sportsplus/hockey/player.php?8837

RH shot, 6'1" and 205 pounds. An undrafted free agent signed in 2011 by the Rangers. He has averaged almost .5 PPG throughout his career.

Last year in the AHL he had 8 goals and 24 assists in 76 games and was +9. That would put him as the #2 scoring defenseman in Providence, behind only Krug and substantially ahead of Bartkowski, Warsofsky, Trotman, Miller, Cohen, Cross, etc.

We've seen a number of those guys contribute in Boston. Parlett has the potential to help as well.

Thanks Alan. I thought the same when I saw some of the reactions on twitter. Considering how many PVD guys played in the game last night plus Morrow being on the shelf for who knows how long, it was a good depth move for a defenseman. Carter's a good player who's blocked from doing much in this organization because of the center depth.

Just because it's not a 'sexy' move doesn't mean it's not a good move, nor an important move. Would people rather we grab street free agents the next time a defender is needed?

Lends to the almost complete inability to have a decent discussion with the growing number of people who visit this board as of late.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Exactly. The GM has to consider the AHL team's needs as well as the NHL team's. Any move has an impact on the whole franchise.

I've seen Partlett play a couple of times. Not flashy, but solid. He'll be a good addition for Providence.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Seems like solid management- dealing from a position of strength to shore up on a position of weakness. Always liked Camper but there's a log jam at center that he never would climb over.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I was just being a jerk.

I liked Camper though... Just needed some bodies on defense with all the ouchies and Miller's promotion.

Dang. I cant tell when you're being a jerk.:laugh::)

I thought you had inside knowledge on Parlett.

IMO most always a trade is "just business" Perhaps the decision making team thinks this help the D void some how.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So we're talking about the reciprocal destruction of NHL futures. :laugh:
apparently I'm not the only wondering what in the Wild Wild West is going on with how he is used:naughty:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm ok with this. Purely an AHL move. PBruins need help on the blue line. I figured Camper or Cunningham would get moved at some point. On the other side, Camper may be the move that puts Springfield over the top.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
At least Horton will be there to show him the local zoo.

I am fine with this. Camper wouldn't play here without a miracle happening anyway.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
At least Horton will be there to show him the local zoo.

I am fine with this. Camper wouldn't play here without a miracle happening anyway.

Camper's reporting to Springfield. He'll have a better shot at Columbus than he would at Boston, but it's certainly not a given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->