Proposal: BOS - STL

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
This pretty much creates a different kind of problem for Boston so I think we say no. Trade value itself is pretty fair.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Lauzon
Zboril
Vaakaneinen
Gryzlek

Dunn is a good dman but he isn’t THAT much of an improvement over the Bruins current left side young dmen where they would move DeBrusk.

Reactions: Eddie Munson

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Gryz was already there. Bruins have 1 LHD and a bunch of maybes.

Well aware. He was an RFA and they chose to let Krug walk and throw 3.75 at Gryz as his replacement. What I'm saying is the Bruins have a bunch of kids that can fill the left side. If Gryz replaces Krug as their number 4, then what the Bruins really need is a number 2 next to McAvoy. Dunn is most certainly not that so I'm not seeing as to why we would trade DeBrusk for him?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
This is actually a pretty decent proposal. I understand some saying we’d add, but I could legit see Dunn getting into the 40 point range with more playing time. Debrusk would look great playing with Schenn.

Reactions: Blueston

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Blais is a 2nd to 3rd line rw banger who can score

Blais should, and I believe will, start the year on our 4th line. I know some of our fanbase thinks he's got a lot of offensive upside, but I don't see it. Better suited for the 4th line and could develop into the 3rd line. But when you look at Blais his skills and you look at the guys in our top 6 (even including Sanford in for Tank), he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Blais should, and I believe will, start the year on our 4th line. I know some of our fanbase thinks he's got a lot of offensive upside, but I don't see it. Better suited for the 4th line and could develop into the 3rd line. But when you look at Blais his skills and you look at the guys in our top 6 (even including Sanford in for Tank), he sticks out like a sore thumb.

He has some unexpectedly good hands sometimes. I don't know if he will ever be a 20 goal scorer but he's not an offensive black hole. I'd like to see him get an opportunity in the top 6 without him getting injured because he was putting up some solid points last year before the injury.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Only if jyrou and kostin are ahead of him..if not then he should

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Only if jyrou and kostin are ahead of him..if not then he should

Kyrou should be ahead of him. Top 6 is pretty set with Schenn, Schwartz, ROR, Thomas, Perron, and Sanford. Bozak is 7th, Kyrou is more talented offensively, actually brings speed and playmaking, and fits 3rd line way better than 4th. I feel like all of those are pretty set. Then you would have Sunny vs. Blais. The argument for Sunny on 4th line would be that he's better defensively, deploying him with Barbs as a shutdown line again. But I feel like the argument for Sunny on 3rd line is that he's also better than Blais there. Blais looked best when he was on a line with 2 All Star players. They both have a solid wrist shot, but Sunny seems like the better passer.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Blais is a 2nd to 3rd line rw banger who can score

He is a 4th liner and 24. Every team has a number of those.

Sanford is intriguing but at 25 is he much more than another 3rd line type 15 goal scorer?

The Bruins have a need for scorers... like Debrusk. Not depth.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
He is a 4th liner and 24. Every team has a number of those.

Sanford is intriguing but at 25 is he much more than another 3rd line type 15 goal scorer?

The Bruins have a need for scorers... like Debrusk. Not depth.

I agree with you on Blais, but very much disagree on Sanford. Sanford had 20 points in his last 30 games before the shutdown, and was one of the brighter spots (if there were any) for us in the bubble. He was just hitting his stride and looked great for most of the year. For a guy who had already surpassed 15 goals in about 2/3rds of a season, I think passing him off as a guy who has already reached his ceiling as less than that in a full season seems pessimistic. Especially considering that he had very little time on the PP. A lot of our fans don't want to move him at all, and I'd be against adding him to Dunn for DeBrusk, despite me liking DeBrusk's game.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
STL needs to find more than one team with

1) Budget for Dunn
2) Only two d-men worth protecting
3) A need for a offense leaning two way possibly 2nd pairing D.

Boston ain’t that.

Like I said before, Canadiens are probably the best place for landing Dunn. They easily could use him, and probably wouldn't mind signing him to a competitive contract.

Even though the Blues likely have the space (Steen and Tank are both likely to be on LTIR next season), I don't think they are inclined to commit to Dunn long term, with Krug in the fold, and Perunovich ready to compete for a spot. So if he stays, it would probably be for a short bridge.

Other possibilities would be teams like Edmonton (depends on how much they can save on Klefbom's LTIR), NJD (depending on how much they trust Murray as a top-4 D), LAK (depending on how they view Maatta), Buffalo (depends on if they have an internal cap), etc. I don't expect him to go to a contender.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Like I said before, Canadiens are probably the best place for landing Dunn. They easily could use him, and probably wouldn't mind signing him to a competitive contract.

Even though the Blues likely have the space (Steen and Tank are both likely to be on LTIR next season), I don't think they are inclined to commit to Dunn long term, with Krug in the fold, and Perunovich ready to compete for a spot. So if he stays, it would probably be for a short bridge.

Other possibilities would be teams like Edmonton (depends on how much they can save on Klefbom's LTIR), NJD (depending on how much they trust Murray as a top-4 D), LAK (depending on how they view Maatta), Buffalo (depends on if they have an internal cap), etc. I don't expect him to go to a contender.

Would EDM protect him over Nurse, Klef and Bear? Buffalo over Dahlin, Risto and Joker? Habs only have 300k in cap space left after taking on Allen and Edmunson.

It’s not a very big market. STL would be way better off holding him until after expansion.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
STL needs to find more than one team with

1) Budget for Dunn
2) Only two d-men worth protecting
3) A need for a offense leaning two way possibly 2nd pairing D.

Boston ain’t that.
Bingo. Nailed it.

I wonder if Vegas would be interested since they are exempt and could use LD on a cheaper contract.

Knowing Army, he probably has Vegas blacklisted.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Hope not , not my type of player . I would rather see them go after a Pacioretty if possible than Hoffman who is soft .

I have no irons in this fire my friend but as a Habs fan you don’t want pacioretty . He will drive you absolutely berserk with his half arse attempts at effort . Lazy . Skates back to the bench , I should say coasts back . He literally has to pretend he cares . No second effort . I would have been happy with Tatar straight up . At least he gives an honest effort.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad