Proposal: BOS - STL

cakeschmammert

Jun 28, 2019
St. Louis, MO
The trade is one-for-one.

STL: Dunn
BOS: DeBrusk

I feel like it fits a need for both teams. They're the same age (2 weeks apart actually). BOS could use a top-4 LHD after Krug's departure, Blues could use a top-6 goal-scoring LW. As a Blues fan, not sure I would feel comfortable with it until Perunovich/Mikkola prove they can take the next step up, but Krug/Dunn/Perunovich are all similar players that play on the left side. I feel Dunn offers the most value in a trade right now. Considering BOS perspective, I was wondering if moving DeBrusk would leave too big of a hole in their forward group.

Thoughts?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I feel like it fits a need for both teams. They're the same age (2 weeks apart actually). BOS could use a top-4 LHD after Krug's departure, Blues could use a top-6 goal-scoring LW. As a Blues fan, not sure I would feel comfortable with it until Perunovich/Mikkola prove they can take the next step up, but Krug/Dunn/Perunovich are all similar players that play on the left side. I feel Dunn offers the most value in a trade right now. Considering BOS perspective, I was wondering if moving DeBrusk would leave too big of a hole in their forward group.

Thoughts?
Put players aside, the Bruins need goal scoring why are they trading a goal scorer for a d-man.......

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I agree Boston would want more....Bruin fans would know better but I thought their better prospects were at defense and center and that they are weak at forward.....

Reactions: wintersej

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Boston just signed Grzelcyk as our Krug replacement. If we move DeBrusk it’s for top-6 wing help or top-2 D help.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Thoughts?

St. Louis needs to unload some salary to be cap compliant.
Boston has space so the could acquire another player.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Dunn+Sanford

For

DeBrusk+RHD prospect?

Both teams get better at a position of need, while also not getting hurt at the position they’re moving. Also, I know Boston loves their local kids, so I’d bet Sanford would be in the deal.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dunn+Sanford

For

DeBrusk+RHD prospect?

Both teams get better at a position of need, while also not getting hurt at the position they’re moving. Also, I know Boston loves their local kids, so I’d bet Sanford would be in the deal.
Difference between Dunn and DeBrusk is much smaller than Sanford. Maybe put Blais in there.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Actually, we don't need to unload salary as Steen and Tarasenko will probably be on LTIR.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Dunn+Sanford

For

DeBrusk+RHD prospect?

As a Bruins fan I say this is good. Sanford is a big player and the Bruins need to get some size after being pushed around the last 2 yrs in the playoffs. How about Connor Clifton, he is 25 though but is slotting in as a bottom RD deeman. Smaller guy but hits hard and has a lot of flare.

If not Victor Berglund is a late pick but is trending up. He is in Sweden now and reports are he is doing very good. He has 6 pts in 8 games at Lulea, the team is in 2nd place. Bruins fans are starting to get interested in his progression. Losing DeBrusk would hurt but they have a few guys that can step in. Jack Studnicka and or wild card Jakub Lauko.

Last edited:

cakeschmammert

Jun 28, 2019
St. Louis, MO

Nah, the Blues are quite comfortable cap-wise with Tarasenko and Steen on LTIR, and Steen apparently won’t be coming off. That’s enough space to sign Dunn to a bridge deal for like $3-3.5M aav and still be cap compliant.

cakeschmammert

Jun 28, 2019
St. Louis, MO
As a Bruins fan I say this is good. Sanford is a big player and the Bruins need to get some size after being pushed around the last 2 yrs in the playoffs. How about Connor Clifton, he is 25 though but is slotting in as a bottom RD deeman. Smaller guy but hits hard and has a lot of flare.

If not Victor Berglund is a late pick but is trending up. He is in Sweden now and reports are he is doing very good. He has 6 pts in 8 games at Lulea, the team is in 2nd place. Bruins fans are starting to get interested in his progression.

I think I would do Dunn and Sanford for DeBrusk and Berglund. Sanford hits and fits pretty much anywhere in the lineup. He played with ROR and Perron a lot this year.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

If not Victor Berglund is a late pick but is trending up. He is in Sweden now and reports are he is doing very good. He has 6 pts in 8 games at Lulea, the team is in 2nd place. Bruins fans are starting to get interested in his progression. Losing DeBrusk would hurt but they have a few guys that can step in. Jack Studnicka and or my wild card Jakub Lauko.

I don't like Clifton and don't know enough of Berglund. We can just do Dunn + Sanford for DeBrusk and a pick to even it out? Sounds a lot easier.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I don't like Clifton and don't know enough of Berglund. We can just do Dunn + Sanford for DeBrusk and a pick to even it out? Sounds a lot easier.

That would be better because the Bruins rosters are thin on right handed dee prospects. We drafted a few this year, I think, not sure I gotta check. I was just trying to unload a bit of salary with Clifton. I would be okay with those 2 for Jake and a pick. Not sure the rest of the fanbase would. Berglund is still developing, we all have to see how he does over here.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m not adding Sanford to Dunn. They can have Blais instead but that’s it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad