Proposal: BOS - STL

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
Bingo. Nailed it.

I wonder if Vegas would be interested since they are exempt and could use LD on a cheaper contract.

Knowing Army, he probably has Vegas blacklisted.
nah ! armie knows it just business.I don't feel he was too upset anyway.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
The trade is one-for-one.

STL: Dunn
BOS: DeBrusk

I feel like it fits a need for both teams. They're the same age (2 weeks apart actually). BOS could use a top-4 LHD after Krug's departure, Blues could use a top-6 goal-scoring LW. As a Blues fan, not sure I would feel comfortable with it until Perunovich/Mikkola prove they can take the next step up, but Krug/Dunn/Perunovich are all similar players that play on the left side. I feel Dunn offers the most value in a trade right now. Considering BOS perspective, I was wondering if moving DeBrusk would leave too big of a hole in their forward group.

Thoughts?

Pretty sure Perunovich plays on the right side, and to be honest...I don't see him cracking the lineup anytime soon, if at all. I watched a bit of him and he didn't impress me at all. I'd take Dunn any day over him.

Scandella won't be around long...so that would leave us with Krug, Dunn, and Mikkola on the left. Then Parayko, Faulk, and Perunovich? on the right. Bortuzzo and Gunnarsson are basically just 7/8 Dmen.

Basically my point is that if we trade Dunn, it will just leave a hole at LD in the very near future. Wingers are plentiful and easy to replace, good defensemen are not. Also we don't have room in our top 6 for Debrusk, we need a RW with Tarasenko out, not a LW.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Pretty sure Perunovich plays on the right side, and to be honest...I don't see him cracking the lineup anytime soon, if at all. I watched a bit of him and he didn't impress me at all. I'd take Dunn any day over him.

Scandella won't be around long...so that would leave us with Krug, Dunn, and Mikkola on the left. Then Parayko, Faulk, and Perunovich? on the right. Bortuzzo and Gunnarsson are basically just 7/8 Dmen.

Basically my point is that if we trade Dunn, it will just leave a hole at LD in the very near future. Wingers are plentiful and easy to replace, good defensemen are not. Also we don't have room in our top 6 for Debrusk, we need a RW with Tarasenko out, not a LW.
Omg, that defense tho! They would allow more goals against than they generate. What a porous defense. Ugh.

cakeschmammert

Jun 28, 2019
St. Louis, MO

I don’t agree. First of all, Perunovich is ranked top-50 prospect at the moment and he plays on the left side, similar style to both Krug and Dunn. Perunovich and Mikkola should both get a shot this year. Scandella IS expected to be here for the foreseeable future considering we just re-signed him. Even with Tarasenko out, we have Perron, Kyrou and Thomas ready to slot in our top 3 RW at least to start. Sanford is our 2LW at the moment and I think he’s better suited as the 3LW. DeBrusk fits the 2LW role perfectly for us I would think.

I really like Dunn and would love to keep him, he just seems redundant while also one of our better pieces to trade. Really just thinking about what our excess vs needs are really.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad