Confirmed Trade: [BOS/FLA] Frank Vatrano for 2018 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Does Vatrano mostly play center or has he played some games at wing?
Only wing at the pro-level.

I think he may have played center down in Providence, but definitely not on the Bruins roster for any extended period beyond a shift here or there.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Great pickup. A lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves for not beating this offer.

He's going to be a 20-goal guy. Unreal, all-world shot and he can fly. In the right situation he could be a really, really good scorer.

Shame he was hurt so much last year when he had a real shot in Boston. HF has written him off and most Boston fans too but it's a mistake.

I was really pulling for this kid, we are both from the same area and I would have loved to see him make his mark for the Bruins. I hope he does well (against every team but the Bruins).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Great pickup. A lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves for not beating this offer.

He's going to be a 20-goal guy. Unreal, all-world shot and he can fly. In the right situation he could be a really, really good scorer.

Shame he was hurt so much last year when he had a real shot in Boston. HF has written him off and most Boston fans too but it's a mistake.

He's the type of mid-line guy squeezed down a potent lineup that I am hoping Buffalo can eventually land. Bruins have a tyranny of riches.

Hope he has a nice bounce back in Florida.

Reactions: Laus723

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Typically they'd give the more senior player just "Nash", and the other the intitial

Rick Nash -> Nash
Riley Nash -> R. Nash

Then again, Carolina went E. Staal, J. Staal, J. Staal when the three brothers played together... so who knows!
What did Dallas do with the benns. Riley would be the senior bruins player tho

But they have short enough names you could slap three letters on there but if you go ric you may as well just put rick

Or put d. Nash

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
He's injured.

Possibly just a precautionary measure. He finished last game on Tuesday but was scratched today. Obviously it's just a minor bump or bruise. Oilers definitely shouldn't risk anything if they got something cooking.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Does this mean that the Panthers are gonna try to get another 3rd for Vrbata? Ehh probably not, at best they could get a 4th.

Nine times out of ten, I disagree with the whole “locker room cancer” or “you can’t win with this guy” statements about skilled wingers, but Vrbata is absolutely useless and has no heart. He’s a mercenary sniper that can’t skate, at this point he would need to be stapled to a top six centre to produce and he doesn’t work hard enough to deserve it.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
What did Dallas do with the benns. Riley would be the senior bruins player tho

But they have short enough names you could slap three letters on there but if you go ric you may as well just put rick

Or put d. Nash
They Just went with Benn and Benn I believe.

Rick Nash being more senior, experienced, successful in the League, is what I was thinking.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Buffalo and Boston don't trade

Pretty sure the Paille trade was the only trade between the two teams ever

You are correct.

Not even close - I can think of at least 2 other deals right off the top of my head. In the mid-70's Buffalo traded Peter McNab to Boston as compensation for signing Free Agent Andre Savard and more recently Boston and Buffalo were part of a 3 team deal with San Jose:

To Boston: Brad Boyes ( from San Jose )
To Buffalo: Jeff Jillson ( from Boston )
To San Jose: Curtis Brown and Andy Delmore ( from Buffalo )

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not even close - I can think of at least 2 other deals right off the top of my head. In the mid-70's Buffalo traded Peter McNab to Boston as compensation for signing Free Agent Andre Savard and more recently Boston and Buffalo were part of a 3 team deal with San Jose:

To Boston: Brad Boyes ( from San Jose )
To Buffalo: Jeff Jillson ( from Boston )
To San Jose: Curtis Brown and Andy Delmore ( from Buffalo )

The first deal was Jillson for Boyes, then Buffalo dealt Brown and Elmre for Jillson. It was listed as a three-way deal, but it was a two-stager. Boston and Buffalo did not deal directly with one another.

McNab-Savard was due to Savard signing as a free agent and McNab was award as compensation to the Bruins. It wasn't a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad